Regulars' Table

Take a seat, lean back and talk about anything that comes to mind here - as long as it stays civil.
Altbert

Re: Regulars' Table

Post by Altbert »

How was your burger? I never order burgers, always make those myself. My own "secret" recipe. Today it's tacos.
Bis vincit, qui se vincit in victoria - He conquers twice who conquers himself in victory (Publius Syrus)
Selene310187
Site Admin

Post by Selene310187 »

Altbert wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 6:04 pm How was your burger? I never order burgers, always make those myself. My own "secret" recipe. Today it's tacos.
The burger was ok. But I loved the finger food (fried onion rings and broccoli cheese nuggets) :sn-14:
smr1957

Post by smr1957 »

Finger food is always good - LOL!

Well, been working on my story and gotten some more written. Moving right along with the first chapter - I can really see the thing taking shape - definitely a book and not a short story or novella.
Selene310187
Site Admin

Post by Selene310187 »

smr1957 wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 7:39 pm Finger food is always good - LOL!

Well, been working on my story and gotten some more written. Moving right along with the first chapter - I can really see the thing taking shape - definitely a book and not a short story or novella.
Where do you post your story? On your Patreon?
smr1957

Post by smr1957 »

Selene310187 wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:42 pm
smr1957 wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 7:39 pm Finger food is always good - LOL!

Where do you post your story? On your Patreon?
Yes - that's where I post them - they are open to all (at least for now and the foreseeable future). Currently there are 15 stories. This is them in order:

Adventurers Three
What Dreams May Come
The Challenges of Hador
A New Acquaintance
Treasures Lost - And Found
The Joy of Camping
The Mechanical Men
Mage This!
The Cabin in the Snow
The Silent Madness of the Mannequins
The Girl Without a Face
The Tale of T'sa and Mor - A Shanqua Mythology
The Tear of T'sa
A Temporary Inconvenience
The Blood of Mor
smr1957

Post by smr1957 »

I was just checking, and some Etienne and Hador stories may not be on my Patreon Page in the final form or under the same name. Maybe I should post them here on the Spectrum as well. I can start a new topic (similar to how Avrie has his dedicated thread for reviews), and post a certain amount every few days or so, in order; let's say one story a week total - though only those stories that have already been posted on my Patreon and been up for a while. And a separate thread for if people want to comment on them.

Actually, this would be a good idea on a couple of levels - because Steam does not allow linking to Patreon due to their TOS, I cannot directly post a link to my page, but if I post the stories here, I can link them. And, in addition, if people wish to read them, they will be more likely to come to a gaming site than go to some individual's Patreon, so perhaps it will expose some small number of people to this site, as well.
These users thanked the author smr1957 for the post (total 2):
Selene310187, Altbert
Selene310187
Site Admin

Post by Selene310187 »

I reached the next level in Inkscape: drawing some simple shapes like confetti for the smiley with the party hat (see second edit in this post) using the path tools.

smr1957 wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:40 am I was just checking, and some Etienne and Hador stories may not be on my Patreon Page in the final form or under the same name. Maybe I should post them here on the Spectrum as well. I can start a new topic (similar to how Avrie has his dedicated thread for reviews), and post a certain amount every few days or so, in order; let's say one story a week total - though only those stories that have already been posted on my Patreon and been up for a while. And a separate thread for if people want to comment on them.

Actually, this would be a good idea on a couple of levels - because Steam does not allow linking to Patreon due to their TOS, I cannot directly post a link to my page, but if I post the stories here, I can link them. And, in addition, if people wish to read them, they will be more likely to come to a gaming site than go to some individual's Patreon, so perhaps it will expose some small number of people to this site, as well.
It's indeed a good idea :sn-2:
Altbert

Post by Altbert »

smr1957 wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:40 am I was just checking, and some Etienne and Hador stories may not be on my Patreon Page in the final form or under the same name. Maybe I should post them here on the Spectrum as well. I can start a new topic (similar to how Avrie has his dedicated thread for reviews), and post a certain amount every few days or so, in order; let's say one story a week total - though only those stories that have already been posted on my Patreon and been up for a while. And a separate thread for if people want to comment on them.

That would be very nice, Steve. I sometimes tried to read the stories on Patreon, but to read it all, it seems that you need an account. And, I already have more accounts all over the net, than I actually feel comfortable with.
These users thanked the author Altbert for the post:
smr1957
Bis vincit, qui se vincit in victoria - He conquers twice who conquers himself in victory (Publius Syrus)
smr1957

Post by smr1957 »

Good day, all - another late start for me!

I'm glad to see that people think posting the stories here is a good idea. I just have to think of a good place to post them - they are not set in Skyrim (even if Skyrim is the background used in the pics and some characters carry over their names from the game). Probably will just start a new topic in the Lounge's Seating Area, as being the best place (as there is no general Fan Fiction category on the site). First post will probably be this weekend (Friday evening/Saturday morning).
Selene310187
Site Admin

Post by Selene310187 »

smr1957 wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 5:48 pm[...] I just have to think of a good place to post them - they are not set in Skyrim (even if Skyrim is the background used in the pics and some characters carry over their names from the game). Probably will just start a new topic in the Lounge's Seating Area [...]
Yes, the Seating Area. I imagine how you seat yourself in the armchair nearby the fireplace* in this area reading your stories to us while we are sitting around you, listen to them with anticipation.
* I just finished constructing the (imaginary) fireplace :sn-4:
These users thanked the author Selene310187 for the post:
smr1957

Return to “Seating Area”