Can you suggest a movie for me, please?

Here you can converse about your favorite movies, series and TV shows.
Altbert

Re: Can you suggest a movie for me, please?

Post by Altbert »

smr1957 wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 8:25 pm Albert got you pretty much covered - a lot are movies I have watched and enjoyed, as well. If you like pure Sci-Fi, there is one movie well worth checking out that was not mentioned - Interstellar.
That reminds me. Forgotten all about Sci-Fi. Dune after the books of Frank Herbert. And of course War of the Worlds. Independance Day and the old time classic ET.

My all time favorites may fit in the category of "reality fantasy" or whatever you want to call it: Field of Dreams and Dragonfly. My DVD-player ceased funtioning, otherwise I would have started these up right away!
Bis vincit, qui se vincit in victoria - He conquers twice who conquers himself in victory (Publius Syrus)
smr1957

Post by smr1957 »

Here's some more:
The Fifth Element
12 Monkeys
Looper
The Sixth Sense
Selene310187
Site Admin

Post by Selene310187 »

smr1957 wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 3:43 am Here's some more:
The Fifth Element
12 Monkeys
Looper
The Sixth Sense
Very good movies. I think I'll rewatch The Fifth Element, Looper, and Interstellar which you mentioned in your previous post.
Selene310187
Site Admin

Post by Selene310187 »

Yesterday, I watched a film together with a good friend. It was from his DVD collection, a film that I watched as a kid - Spaceballs. I didn't remember any of the scenes though. It was like watching a movie for the first time, a very hilarious one that made my day.

Today, I thought once again about the movies with Bruce Willis that smr1957 suggested recently and this summoned up the Die Hard movies. I don't know if I watched all of them. In comparison to Spaceballs I remember a few scenes like Bruce Willis saying "yippie kay yay...". In the German version of the first Die Hard movie, he says "Yippie Yah Yei Schweinebacke" where "Schweinebacke" means pork cheek :sn-4:. The phrase from the movie is very iconic in Germany due to the style of the voice actor (Manfred Lehmann):
A video from YouTube usually appears here. Please contact an administrator.
A video from YouTube usually appears here. Please contact an administrator.
What I want to say is that Die Hard is on top of my rewatch list. So thanks again for the inspiration :sn-2:.
Altbert

Post by Altbert »

Yes, I also love to see the Die Hard movies and also some of the movies with Steven Seagal, in particular Under Siege 1 & 2 and On Deadly Ground.
Bis vincit, qui se vincit in victoria - He conquers twice who conquers himself in victory (Publius Syrus)
smr1957

Post by smr1957 »

Here's a few more (didn't check to see if they are already listed - don't think they have been). First three are Tom Cruise - very good:
Minority Report
Oblivion
Edge of Tomorrow

And then there is this from 2009:
Moon
Altbert

Post by Altbert »

Yesterday evening I was watching TV and after checking out some channels, I stumbled on a movie I didn't know yet, but decided to watch and didn't regret it:

"The Last Witch Hunter" (2015)

with Vin Diesel, Rose Leslie, Elijah Wood and Michael Caine.
Selene310187
Site Admin

Post by Selene310187 »

A few days ago, I watched "Edge of Tomorrow". Back in the days, I didn't watch it because I didn't like the art style and I don't want to support the main actor anymore. I see this a bit more relaxed now. So I gave the movie a try recently. I was surprised how good it is :sn-16:.
KnowBuddy

Post by KnowBuddy »

The entire Resident Evil series is good.
Selene310187
Site Admin

Post by Selene310187 »

KnowBuddy wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 8:25 pmThe entire Resident Evil series is good.
I agree and I always had a great fun watching the movies. Someday I will rewatch them.