Discussions on the old cat's Reviews

Releases, works in progress, help, reviews, ideas, tutorials
Avrie

Re: Discussions on the old cat's Reviews

Post by Avrie »

SpeedFreak1972 wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 4:50 pm Hey there just wandered in :sn-2:
Hola Speed... Good to see you

We'll work on the catch phrase LOL. I almost said "welcome to the spectrum: ooh Shiny" but I'm not sure that would go over too well here even said with a smile. Something will click.
These users thanked the author Avrie for the post:
Selene310187

Tags:
Vlad 254

Post by Vlad 254 »

One thing for sure that's been said many times and will always hold true is that a smile is the universal welcome :sn-35: I think that's why the "have a seat by the fire" has worked so well. Sure the Coffee House is an Inn (with a fire pit) based on Skyrim which makes it fit so well but the phrase itself is has the feeling of being said with a smile. But of course the word "welcome" shows warmth which is of course appreciated. So for me a simple "Welcome to the Spectrum" has a nice ring and feel to it. Speaking of warm, how much warmer can it be than a seat by the fire :D
That's my ramblings for today.
These users thanked the author Vlad 254 for the post:
Altbert
Great acts are made up of small deeds ~Lao Tzu
Avrie

Post by Avrie »

Morning... Had a late start this morning, and 49 mods to look through so I basically stuck to the highlights again.
Vlad 254

Post by Vlad 254 »

I'll ask this here although now that I'm typing I bet there's a "Suggestions" type thread here :oops:

So today I went to Avrie's morning reviews here on the Spectrum and after clicking on the link the first post at the top was his first post from a few days ago. Would it be better if most recent post was first?

Now that I think of it maybe I should have first looked in my control panel before posting this to see if there's a setting for that :oops: :oops:
I best grab another cup of coffee :sn-36:

Edit:
And of course the setting was easily found.
Board index/Control Panel/Board preferences/Edit Global Settings/Edit Display options/
Changed to "Descending" under "Display post order directions.

2nd Edit:
Or one can simply select the settings gear icon to be taken directly to it :o

(I'll quietly tiptoe out the back door)
Last edited by Vlad 254 on Tue Nov 15, 2022 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Great acts are made up of small deeds ~Lao Tzu
Altbert

Post by Altbert »

That was also my problem, but I needed much more coffee! But with Selene's help I found the setting.
Bis vincit, qui se vincit in victoria - He conquers twice who conquers himself in victory (Publius Syrus)
Avrie

Post by Avrie »

Interesting, I'll have to see if I do that as well, though I'm not sure how it will affect How I post. Good to know.
Altbert

Post by Altbert »

May I suggest a small correction on the Auto Close Door mod, reviewed in your last post, Avrie? The author of the mod did not add SE 1.6.640 as a requirement. From what I understand they only mentioned that the mod was tested in SE 1.6.640, just as I also test my mods in the latest version of the game.

What I also understand is that the mod only works on interior doors. I hope they also do something about exterior doors. I often encounter an open door when trying to enter a shop or inn, and I have to close the door first and then re-open it. But that could be a result of AI Overhaul, as many more NPCs will walk in and out of public areas.
Bis vincit, qui se vincit in victoria - He conquers twice who conquers himself in victory (Publius Syrus)
Avrie

Post by Avrie »

A lot of times that's the problems with "first" mods I get them before any fixes or patches. The mods already been removed. I'm wondering if there were permission issues as well. I didn't think to check.
Avrie

Post by Avrie »

There's a lot to like about that Cloaks overhaul. There's also some things I don't like which tells me it's probably a nice compromise. There are no new textures, it would have been nice if a patch for either of the HD cloak mods was included... tracking this for now.
Avrie

Post by Avrie »

There were a couple of Wizkid updates the last few days that didn't make any of the reviews.

Just reminding people that there are a few that do slip through the cracks...

https://discord.gg/XHUyhJhb2J

Check out his discord for mods that don't get released to the Nexus as well. Great stuff

Return to “Skyrim - Mods and Modding”