Regulars' Table

Take a seat, lean back and talk about anything that comes to mind here - as long as it stays civil.
Selene310187
Site Admin

Re: Regulars' Table

Post by Selene310187 »

Today, we've reached 50 members! Let's celebrate! :sn-39: :sn-40: :sn-56:

(The member counter says 51 but I have two accounts, the admin one and the test account)
Avrie

Post by Avrie »

These users thanked the author Avrie for the post:
Selene310187
Altbert

Post by Altbert »

Congratulations!

"If you build it they will come!"
These users thanked the author Altbert for the post:
Selene310187
Bis vincit, qui se vincit in victoria - He conquers twice who conquers himself in victory (Publius Syrus)
Selene310187
Site Admin

Post by Selene310187 »

Happy Birthday, smr1957! :sn-42: :sn-43: :sn-49: :sn-52: :sn-51: :sn-48:
Selene310187
Site Admin

Post by Selene310187 »

Today, I bought a Steam Deck OLED online. It will be my second handheld console. My first one is a Game Boy Pocket which I still works. However, playing on a bigger display and with colors is way more comfortable :D. I plan to play not only games from my Steam Library like Cyberpunk 2077 but also some for Game Boy and similar platforms using an emulator. Let's see if I use the Steam Deck or my gaming desktop PC more. Truly, the desktop PC is way more powerful. But it isn't portable like the Steam Deck, I can sit better on my couch than on my chair for a prolonged time and the Steam Deck consumes less electricity, which has a positive effect on the electricity bill. The Steam Deck can't run all games due to its hardware limitations - so I have my desktop PC for the more graphically demanding games.
Avrie

Post by Avrie »

I'll be interested on your take on the deck. I had looked at it in the past, but the screen size had me wondering if my old eyes could deal with it. Congrats on the purchase.
Selene310187
Site Admin

Post by Selene310187 »

My new bed, a box-spring bed, was delivered and assembled yesterday. The day before, my sister, brother-in-law and I dismantled the old bed.

I feel like the princess and the pea on the new bed because it is so high, 65 cm (about 25.6 inches) to be exact. The old bed was only half that height. The suppliers took the old bed away for disposal, which cost an extra 90 euros (actually it cost even more, but I negotiated the price down).

It was unusual to sleep on the new bed. I can at least say that I sleep better on it than on the old one. As I had sore muscles from tidying up and getting the bed box open (the top part is really heavy), I can't yet say for sure whether I can sleep well on the new bed.

My Steam Deck OLED will be delivered between Saturday and next week Tuesday. I'm looking forward to it.
Selene310187
Site Admin

Post by Selene310187 »

The vendor has canceled my Steam Deck order. No reasons were given. :sn-5:
Selene310187
Site Admin

Post by Selene310187 »

I will start the second attempt to buy the Steam Deck as soon as I receive my next salary.

On Thursday I thought it was Friday and wished my colleagues a good weekend at the end of my working day. It wasn't until late in the evening that I realized I'd got the day of the week wrong. It must be the weather, because I can't cope well with the humid and stuffy air. My colleagues didn't think anything of it, as I had often taken a day off on Fridays. And my boss thought he had forgotten something. :sn-11:
Selene310187
Site Admin

Post by Selene310187 »

My sister and her husband were at a music festival over the weekend - this time the Amphi Festival in Cologne. As usual, I fed her two cats in her absence. After almost every feeding, I treated myself to a few episodes of “Jujutsu Kaisen” via their Netflix. Friday evening, I watched the movie “Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse” which was pretty good. Too bad it ends with a cliffhanger. But there's a sequel in the works. Sunday evening/night, I didn't watch any episodes of Jujutsu Kaisen because I have other things to do (including writing in the forum).

I haven't played Cyberpunk 2077 for a week and haven't worked on Abyss Demon for almost as long. The reason for this was that I had pulled all-nighters several times beforehand to solve two problems that arose when seam mending the male variants. This resulted in pain in my right forearm and the fingers of my right hand. I must have overexerted them. I wanted to stop this behavior, but these two very persistent problems left me no peace :sn-12:. At least I managed to take a break for several days after solving these problems.

Return to “Seating Area”