Regulars' Table

Take a seat, lean back and talk about anything that comes to mind here - as long as it stays civil.
Selene310187
Site Admin

Re: Regulars' Table

Post by Selene310187 »

Happy Birthday, Steven!
:sn-50: :sn-49: :sn-48: :sn-52:
smr1957

Post by smr1957 »

A new story - perhaps the time of year may be wrong, but the subject matter is always current.

Season of Beauty - viewtopic.php?p=1693#p1693

And thank you all for the birthday wishes - much appreciated!
Selene310187
Site Admin

Post by Selene310187 »

I'm working on a new project for Skyrim since last week: Bond of Friendship. It began as a spell that added the "Automatic Calm" ability to an actor. The actor in question will stop any hostility due to friendly fire towards actors, who have the ability as well, and the player. I expanded the project with further ideas that make travelling with followers more comfortable.

What the "Bond of Friendship" spell can/will do:
  • give the target an "Automatic Calm" ability
  • modify the friendly hits setting of the target
  • make the target an ally
  • give the target increased health and fortify its healing rate
  • make the target immortal
  • Edit: teleport the target to you automatically if it has fallen behind
The first three items of the list are basically done but I need to rewrite their scripts because I want to restructure the mod and I need to rename some of the scripts because I changed the name of the mod right in the middle of it (its former name was Friendly Fire Hostility Fix). At the moment, there are two spells, however I want to include everything in one spell for simplicity.
Last edited by Selene310187 on Fri Jun 30, 2023 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added the auto teleport feature to the list
Altbert

Post by Altbert »

Selene310187 wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 12:55 pm I'm working on a new project for Skyrim since last week: Bond of Friendship. It began as a spell that added the "Automatic Calm" ability to an actor. The actor in question will stop any hostility due to friendly fire towards actors, who have the ability as well, and the player. I expanded the project with further ideas that make travelling with followers more comfortable.

The first three items of the list are basically done but I need to rewrite their scripts because I want to restructure the mod and I need to rename some of the scripts because I changed the name of the mod right in the middle of it (its former name was Friendly Fire Hostility Fix). At the moment, there are two spells, however I want to include everything in one spell for simplicity.
Couldn't you extend the original scripts by just rewriting the events and functions that need changing. Rewritten events and function in the extension script (child) take presedence over events and functions in the extended scripts (parent). I am trying to figure this out, as there are a few exceptions, which are not quite clear to me yet.
Bis vincit, qui se vincit in victoria - He conquers twice who conquers himself in victory (Publius Syrus)
Selene310187
Site Admin

Post by Selene310187 »

Altbert wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 5:00 pm
Selene310187 wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 12:55 pm I'm working on a new project for Skyrim since last week: Bond of Friendship. It began as a spell that added the "Automatic Calm" ability to an actor. The actor in question will stop any hostility due to friendly fire towards actors, who have the ability as well, and the player. I expanded the project with further ideas that make travelling with followers more comfortable.

Couldn't you extend the original scripts by just rewriting the events and functions that need changing. Rewritten events and function in the extension script (child) take presedence over events and functions in the extended scripts (parent). I am trying to figure this out, as there are a few exceptions, which are not quite clear to me yet.
I don't want to edit anything of the default stuff of the game to increase compatibility with other mods like follower frameworks (e.g. Amazing Follower Tweaks) or mods that make changes to the combat mechanics. Furthermore, I finished a major part of my mod and I don't plan to ditch the work I've already done.
smr1957

Post by smr1957 »

For all those who are not happy with the latest Steam update, see the following:

How to easily revert back to the old Steam UI - https://steamcommunity.com/discussions/ ... 172026676/

Step 1: Locate the Steam shortcut on your computer. (It's likely on your desktop.)​
Step 2: Right click on the Steam shortcut.​
Step 3: In the pop-up menu click on "Properties".​
Step 4: In the box next to "Target:", go to the very end of what is already entered in the box (it should end with "), and after that ending quotation mark, enter one space and then -vgui​
Step 5: Click on "Apply", and then press "OK".​
Step 6: Restart Steam.

AND:

For those who load Steam on a system startup:
1. Go to Task Manager > Startup > Right Click on Steam > Disable
2. Win+R > "shell:startup" > Enter > Copy Steam shortcut with -vgui parameter to that folder

https://steamcommunity.com/discussions/ ... 0175817031

Posting this here because though I see some people mentioning that they rolled back, no one actually seems to be linking this or describing how, precisely, they did roll back.

Also posted in Oldrim Helpful Links and References here:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/72850/di ... 9412279979

And in Special Edition Helpful Links and References here:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/489830/d ... 9691774803
These users thanked the author smr1957 for the post:
Selene310187
Selene310187
Site Admin

Post by Selene310187 »

Thanks for the tip, Steve. Now I have the old desgin of the Steam UI back which I like more.
Last edited by Selene310187 on Tue Jul 04, 2023 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Selene310187
Site Admin

Post by Selene310187 »

I just came back from feeding my sister's two cats and eating lunch at the well-known restaurant with the huge yellow M. Every summer my sister and her husband visit music festivals on some weekends. The next one is in two weeks. My task consists of feeding the old ladies (each cat is over 20 years old) at 9 o'clock in the morning and 9 o'clock in the evening and cleaning up the things the cats had left behind. After I had done everything, I sat down on the sofa to watch the cats eating and then sleeping for a while. Their presence alone has a calming effect on me.

I was thinking of keeping cats myself several times but there are many reasons why this isn't a good idea (e.g. lack of space, veterinary expenses, lack of time, mental health problems*).

*At the moment, I'm fine on the whole, however, I'm afraid I will not take care of the cats enough if I get into a depressive phase again.

It was a spontaneous decision to go to the restaurant I mentioned in the beginning. I rarely eat there and I was curious about how their offerings had changed since my last visit. I opted for a wrap, spicy chicken nuggets and a cola. One thing was missing: the drinking straw. I asked an employee about it and she pointed to a sign telling you that the restaurant doesn't use straws for soft drinks anymore for the sake of the environment. So I will probably buy a metal straw having one at hand when I need one.
smr1957

Post by smr1957 »

Just posted in the Steam Starfield forum:
Helpful Links and References - https://steamcommunity.com/app/1716740/ ... 336436687/

If anyone has links to topics specifically related to Starfield and which are pertinent as far as Starfield is concerned, please feel free to post in that thread.

I contacted Bethesda about getting the topic pinned, will wait and see what their reply is and if further correspondence is necessary.
smr1957

Post by smr1957 »

The Coffee Pod has now been launched into orbit!
https://steamcommunity.com/app/1716740/ ... 020926448/

"The Coffee Pod
A fully licensed franchise of Ilja's Forum Works Ltd. (all rights reserved)

Pod: a detachable or self-contained unit on an aircraft, spacecraft, vehicle, or vessel, having a particular function

If you're new to Starfield, or just having problems, and not sure where to begin ... Just ask. All are welcome! If you can deal with cramped quarters and a vacuum beyond yonder bulkhead, then you are in the right place.

This is just a place to hang, chat, ask questions, and get abused by forum regulars. Feel free to drop by ... We might not have all the answers, but we probably already know the people that do or who are working on it, and we will be happy to help.

Bashing, spamming, self promoting, advertising, and trolling will simply provide us with target practice and make you look really lame. Please leave politics and religion at the door as well.

Personal attacks against forum guests based on country, race, ethnicity, lifestyle preferences, and planet, system, or galaxy of origin will not be tolerated in any way ... Period, and we will be enforcing the moderators rules around here ... Period.

Keep it clean (mostly); while the game is listed as mature, a lot of the people aren't.
Keep it civil (always); arguing a little is fine, just keep it friendly.

Move over and make space - the airlock is cycling."

Return to “Seating Area”