Which Starfield mods can you recommend?

Releases, works in progress, help, reviews, ideas, tutorials
Selene310187
Site Admin

Which Starfield mods can you recommend?

Post by Selene310187 »

About 100 mods are uploaded on Starfield Nexus each day. Which Starfield mods can you recommend? Which ones caught your interest so that you absolutely had to try them out, and, after playing with them for a while, you thought: these mods enrich my game?

These are mine so far:

Baka Achievements Enabler: I use the console for debugging purposes for example and the mod helps me to get my achievements (using the console or mods disables achievements).

Quick and Clean Main Menu: Skipping the Beth logo sequence and getting rid of the welcome message.

I want to experience the game as Vanilla as possible in my first playthrough installing mostly mods that get rid of very annoying things.
Ivanhoe1955SI

Re: Which Starfield mods can you recommend?

Post by Ivanhoe1955SI »

This mod is also back ported to Fallout 4 and I use it there:
https://www.nexusmods.com/starfield/mods/2245
These users thanked the author Ivanhoe1955SI for the post:
Selene310187
Don't blame me, I'm only human after all
Selene310187
Site Admin

Post by Selene310187 »

Starfield Hotkeys: Enables you to implement a lot of shortcuts for a variety of actions.
-> Commands for popular actions
-> List of possible keybinds
I had problems with installing the mod. I solved it by putting the Hotkeys.ini under Documents\My Games\Starfield\Hotkeys as well.

Call Your Ship: Call your ship anytime and anywhere you want. It's a good idea to have enough space for the ship without any obstacles that could prevent you from entering the ship.

Come Here: If your follower vanished, call him or her with a simple command. You may need to execute the command twice to take effect.

Better Console: I wanted to copy the outputs of the help command for example. They are listed in the BetterConsoleOutput.txt which is generated by using the plugin and can be found under Starfield\Data\SFSE\Plugins

Unlimited Storage (link HomeShip workbenches): Craft on board of your ship and use resources from the unlimited container in your room of the Lodge. Open the ship's cargo and the unlimited container from anywhere.

Player Animations and Animation Flavors And Hotkeys: More poses to choose from and playing them with a hotkey.
Selene310187
Site Admin

Post by Selene310187 »

TL;DR: Subtle Flashlight increases the radius of the light cone of the flashlight. Two light colors to choose from: blue and yellow. And you can choose if you want flash reflections on shiny surfaces (With Specular) or not (No Specular). Comparison images are below.

I said in the my Starfield screenshot thread that I deal with searching for new mods enhancing the game at a later point in time. What I meant by that was spending hours on searching for a wide range of mods.

Now I've updated Starfield to the newest version and the mods I was using before the break. After I loaded the savegame I noticed immediately a thing that bugged me for a long time: the flashlight! I was wondering if there is now a mod that increases the radius of the light cone. And there actually is such a mod: Subtle Flashlight. The mod comes with two light colors to choose from (yellow and blue) and you can choose if you want flash reflections on shiny surfaces (With Specular) or not (No Specular).

Comparison images (I tested the "Subtle Flashlight - Yellow (With Specular)" option):

Before:

After:
Avrie

Post by Avrie »

Vlad's working on a modding guide presently. I'm using a little under a hundred mods currently. But wading into the blackest seas slowly. I wouldn't recommend anything that came out before the CK unless it was a pure texture.

As for flashlights... This was my choice. I use 80% and it looks great in game. I have a problem with all the ugly attempts to mimic 'bulbs' a few hundred years after LEDs came out :roll:

LEDFlashlight - Tactical led flashlight texture and colors
https://www.nexusmods.com/starfield/mods/3559

I'm liking your choice though. I may have to test them side by side.
Selene310187
Site Admin

Post by Selene310187 »

I think it's possible to combine these two flashlight mods. LEDFlashlight changes the texture and the other one changes the settings of the flashlight light using an .esm plugin.
Avrie wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2024 12:15 pm Vlad's working on a modding guide presently.
That sounds great. Where can I find it when it's done?
Avrie

Post by Avrie »

It will be a steam guide. I'll link it here when he's done, but it might take a while. The first guide will be a basic modding guide. Probably under 50 mods. But this is the wild west. Modding is just starting to pick up. The first DLC comes out Monday, and we don't even have the complete game yet. SFBG001, 002, and 005 have not been released yet, and there are several more DLCs that will need to make use of those files to hook into the main game.

This is still a work in progress from the DEVs a year later... Good times
These users thanked the author Avrie for the post:
Selene310187
Avrie

Post by Avrie »

Just a heads up... The author has been absent since release... They came back for the DLC and updated everything that needed it for the this game version, the buggy, and the DLC. I've been using these since they came out, and used the two community patches for the StarUI hud. I can recommend all of theses without reservation, and the ones that didn't need updates.

StarUI Inventory - has Updated
https://www.nexusmods.com/starfield/mods/773
Version 2.4.0
"Updated interface files to latest game version (Shattered Space)
Added item sorting for new Shattered Space items"

StarUI HUD - has Updated
https://www.nexusmods.com/starfield/mods/3444
Version 1.3
Added item sorting for new Shattered Space items"

StarUI Ship Builder - has Updated
https://www.nexusmods.com/starfield/mods/6402
Version 1.3
Added coloration interface for Rev8"

The updates came out last night so I haven't had a chance to test them yet, but I'm not worried.