Ring of Night Eye

Releases, works in progress, help, reviews, ideas, tutorials
Altbert

Ring of Night Eye

Post by Altbert »

My eyesight in dark places and at night is very miserable and that's the same when I'm in game. Changing the brightness doesn't always help. When driving my car at night I need to wear night spectacles (with the yellow glass), but that doesn't help in game. That's why I created the mod "Ring of Night Eye" which provides the player with night eye vision as a constant effect, as long as the ring is worn.

The mod can be found at AFK Mods: https://www.afkmods.com/index.php?/file ... ht-eye-se/.
Last edited by Altbert on Sat Dec 03, 2022 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author Altbert for the post (total 2):
Selene310187, Avrie
Bis vincit, qui se vincit in victoria - He conquers twice who conquers himself in victory (Publius Syrus)

Tags:
Selene310187
Site Admin

Re: Ring of Night Eye

Post by Selene310187 »

This is very useful as I don't like dark places and don't want to use torches all the time. Thanks for sharing it :sn-2:
Altbert

Post by Altbert »

Selene310187 wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 7:01 pm This is very useful as I don't like dark places and don't want to use torches all the time. Thanks for sharing it :sn-2:
You're welcome!
Bis vincit, qui se vincit in victoria - He conquers twice who conquers himself in victory (Publius Syrus)
Avrie

Post by Avrie »

I was looking at the pictures Altbert; are you using "nighteye effect" or a different mechanism? I've had issues with most night eye implementations in game, but yours looks more like it just turns back on the "vanilla" night template as opposed to screwing with boosting intensities. I tend to play with very dark pallets (Think ELFX plus Darker nights, plus an ENB) My dungeons are bloody dark by design, and Nighteye in general is awful and tends to bloom.

You're looks different, like it just switches back to vanilla lighting to me. What mechanics were used?
Altbert

Post by Altbert »

Avrie wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 12:43 pm I was looking at the pictures Altbert; are you using "nighteye effect" or a different mechanism? I've had issues with most night eye implementations in game, but yours looks more like it just turns back on the "vanilla" night template as opposed to screwing with boosting intensities. I tend to play with very dark pallets (Think ELFX plus Darker nights, plus an ENB) My dungeons are bloody dark by design, and Nighteye in general is awful and tends to bloom.

You're looks different, like it just switches back to vanilla lighting to me. What mechanics were used?
Hi Avrie! Just using the standard nighteye effect, but changed the Imod Space modifiers and made it a constant effect when the ring is worn. It's explained in my guide "Creation Kit: Good Practices". I tried to change the modifiers in such a way that it gives a "natural look" without the bleu-ish color and the blur around the edges. I helps me a lot, but not in all places, such as Darkfall Cave and some very dark dungeons. In those cases I still have to use MageLight.
Avrie

Post by Avrie »

A new player just entered the picture... This could completely alter the landscape moving forward (From today's reviews)

ENB IMOD Separator by Doodlezoid
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecial ... mods/84131
"SKSE plugin for ENB which separates IMODs from Imagespaces, fixing Night Eye and VFX without workarounds." That's correct folks. This corrects the underlying problem that has been breaking nighteye... Etc. since ENB's first came out. This is a 3 cookie mod and will soon be adopted by the likes of Rudy, et al.

"ENB IMOD Separator neutralises the base imagespace values, generally to 1.0, so that these values only modify the image as a result of IMODs. The original base Imagespace values are provided to ENB as separate values so can be treated independently of IMODs.

By default this plugin does not modify anything, an INI file to enable it must be provided by ENB presets, and the presets themselves must add additional code."

ENB IMOD Separator - Patches by supersurferdave
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecial ... mods/84161
"Patches Doodlez new mod for various ENB Presets"

Culminated, Intrigued, Natural View Tamriel (NVT), Ominous, Semirealis, SkyrimSE Re-Engaged, and Touch Of Natural Tamriel (TNT).
These users thanked the author Avrie for the post:
Selene310187
Altbert

Post by Altbert »

I have seen that mod, Avrie. But I'm not using ENB, so I have to check if it could be of interest for me, in particular for the Ring of Nigh Eye mod. Tracked the mod, but it has to wait till the Floating Island mod is finished. At the moment I'm having some troubles with the summonable Dwemer barrel. It refuses to return to its editor location after closing.

Return to “Skyrim - Mods and Modding”