Regulars' Table

Take a seat, lean back and talk about anything that comes to mind here - as long as it stays civil.
Avrie

Re: Regulars' Table

Post by Avrie »

That's one of the best things about Skyrim. You can take extended breaks and return to the world with fresh eyes over and over. I reviewed a mod today from an author that created the mod in 2011... He returned to Skyrim SE and recreated his original first mod from scratch using the CK for the first time. Skyrim is that kind of game.

Don't feel guilty over taking a break. Most of the regulars on the OF thread take extended breaks but still follow the thread. Skyrim is unique that way. My last break was for close to two years and I never missed a day opening the inn LOL.

Gaming is guilt free ;-)
These users thanked the author Avrie for the post:
Selene310187
smr1957

Post by smr1957 »

Good day! A new quickie for you all to peruse:
Michelangelo and the Sistine Chapel - viewtopic.php?p=1332#p1332

It's the story behind the art!
SpeedFreak1972

Post by SpeedFreak1972 »

Hey I'm not on STEAM for a while for some reason my account is locked for posting content have the slight impression my mail maybe compromised I let you know I mean I have access to my games I can read the forums, but as for the rest everything is locked. Don't know when I get it back it's escalated to support. :? Edit it seems a lot of my posts are also gone nothing after the 23rd
smr1957

Post by smr1957 »

That's strange, Speed, and a real bummer. Hopefully Steam will get things sorted out for you and hopefully any other issues relating to other accounts can be fixed.

And Speed, I posted a note in the Old Farts thread, so that people do not worry if they do not see any new posts from you.
SpeedFreak1972

Post by SpeedFreak1972 »

To be clear it's a community ban support has the last say.
smr1957

Post by smr1957 »

SpeedFreak1972 wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 10:13 am To be clear it's a community ban support has the last say.
Well, nothing shows on your account as you being banned - the word banned is usually in red letters next to a person's name if they have been - and they are not, in your case - so don't know what's going on with that. Hopefully Support will fix it.
Altbert

Post by Altbert »

Nasty Speed! Hope it will get fixed soon!
Bis vincit, qui se vincit in victoria - He conquers twice who conquers himself in victory (Publius Syrus)
smr1957

Post by smr1957 »

Good day, all!
A new Etienne Adventure!
The Girl Without A Face - viewtopic.php?p=1344#p1344

Hope you enjoy it!
Selene310187
Site Admin

Post by Selene310187 »

Didn't do much this weekend. My energy and motivation is very low recently. Are these the after-effects of the busy weeks and I need more time to recharge my batteries this time or are these symptoms of a (beginning) burnout? I just watched YouTube and a movie and played Two Worlds 2 - stuff that doesn't demand too much of my energy. Then the noise from the neighbors on top, although they are now not as loud as they used to be in general (there are some anomalies like their "dancing" to music today which they did with heavy shoes on a ground that hasn't any carpet :sn-5:). But it's still loud enough that it bugs me. Noise masking does help a lot in this situation (playing different type of white noise and similar noises in the background to blend out the neighbors' noise). I'm glad that I discovered this tool.

I try to not feel bad that I haven't managed to get things off my to-do list regarding writing this week (e.g. new blog posts on Selene's Shadow Realm and/or new topics on the Spectrum). I hope I get more things done when I have more energy available again.

Nevertheless, I will talk with my medical psychotherapist, whom I visit at the end of this month, about the problem with my lack of energy and motivation. Maybe he has some ideas how I can boost my energy levels which I haven't thought of.
Selene310187
Site Admin

Post by Selene310187 »

I asked my boss if can start the week with home-office because, simply put, I didn't feel that good this morning (I spare you the details; it's a "bit" complicated). He understood the special situation I'm in currently and agreed. Despite my current health restrictions the work was easy today and the working day flew by. One can say I was in the flow. So I'm glad because I experience enough days where my performance is not that great - a constant up and down. The important thing is that I get everthing done until the deadline roughly in the middle of each month.

Now I will order some sushi to lift my mood further. :sn-47: :sn-44: :sn-2:

Return to “Seating Area”