[suspended] Newly registered users group

Threads that lost their relevance come here
Selene310187
Site Admin

[suspended] Newly registered users group

Post by Selene310187 »

The use of the "Neurodivergent users" group is suspended and herewith all restrictions from new members are removed. Although I still consider protecting us against spam is an important point, I may have been too strict. I didn't see that any of our users posted spam so far. Yes, this could change when more and more users are joining. But what if potential users don't join us due to the restrictions? For this reason I have made this decision. I retain the option to reinstate the restrictive "Newly registered users" group at any time, if this is necessary.

Last updated: November 12, 2022

suspended regulation

Every newly registered user belongs to this user group which comes with some counter-measures against spam like a captcha. As soon as you have written 3 posts, these measures are lifted and you will be removed from this group.

You can:
  • Create new topics
  • Reply to topics
  • Edit your posts/topics
  • Search the forum
  • Use BBCodes*
* Using BBCodes is allowed for the time being but if the forum experiences massive spam, I reserve the right to disable BBCodes for the user(s) in question.

You cannot:
  • Delete your topics/posts
  • Insert attachments
  • Use signature in posts

If new users want to be removed from the "Newly registered users" group right from the start, they can send me* a request via PM** after registration. Their message should include a link to their profile on Nexus Mods (or similar modding sites like AFK Mods). This will allow me to better assess whether they are spammers or not. I will come back to them as soon as I can (it may take a bit longer because of different time zones, work life or vacation).

* or another (future) administrator in case I should be absent for a longer period of time

** exemplary:
Subject: Request to removed from the "Newly registered users" group

Message text:
I request to be removed from the "Newly registered users" group. Here's the link to my profile on [Nexus Mods or similar modding site]: [link to the profile]
Selene310187
Site Admin

Re: Newly registered users group

Post by Selene310187 »

I made the second sentence in the first post more clear mentioning the exact number of posts that a user needs to have to be removed from this restrictive users group.
Selene310187
Site Admin

Newly registered users can use BBCodes now!

Post by Selene310187 »

I reviewed the BBCode restriction and I think I was overcautious regarding spam protection. It's important to keep a balance between comfort and ensuring that the forum is not flooded with spam. BBCodes are a vital feature and turning it off for new members could prevent interested users from joining the forum in the first place.

For this reason, newly registered users can use BBCodes now! But if the forum experiences massive spam, I reserve the right to disable BBCodes for the user(s) in question.
Selene310187
Site Admin

Re: Newly registered users group [suspended]

Post by Selene310187 »

I want to let you know that I removed the restrictions from new members for the time being. The reason why I did this:
Selene310187 wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 12:11 amAlthough I still consider protecting us against spam is an important point, I may have been too strict. I didn't see that any of our users posted spam so far. Yes, this could change when more and more users are joining. But what if potential users don't join us due to the restrictions? For this reason I have made this decision. I retain the option to reinstate the restrictive "Newly registered users" group at any time, if this is necessary.

Last updated: November 12, 2022

Return to “Public Archive”