I am the Scythe Bearer

Your hobbies, interests, favorite games, ...
ScytheBearer

I am the Scythe Bearer

Post by ScytheBearer »

Scythe Bearer. A moniker I picked up in Vietnam carrying the M-60 Machine Gun. Long story, best left to the history books.

I am old, tired and retired. I now spend all my time gaming and making mods for Fallout 3, Fallout: New Vegas, Fallout 4, Oblivion, and Skyrim. Why? It keeps the little grey cells lubricated, and keeps my ... ah ... backside ... yeah, backside ... out of my wife's way.

I have been gaming for well over half a century. I made my first mod on an IBM 370 Mainframe in 1978. The game, Colossal Cave Adventure.

Further this respondent sayeth not.
Selene310187
Site Admin

Re: I am the Scythe Bearer

Post by Selene310187 »

Hello, ScytheBearer! Welcome to the Spectrum :sn-2:

It's good to see a fellow mod author. I tinkered with the games you have listed as well. Do you have a favorite one? Regarding the possibilities to make mods, I prefer Skyrim, but if you ask me what game is my home, then it's Oblivion because I have the most fond memories of playing it.
ScytheBearer

Post by ScytheBearer »

:wave:

My favorite game isn't in that list. My first love was Colossal Cave Adventure, and that game will always be my favorite.

If I have to pick one from the list, I'll have to say Fallout 3. The Fallout series of games lets me play in a style I feel more comfortable with and since I spent time in DC, Fallout 3 feels like going home.
Last edited by ScytheBearer on Sat Apr 22, 2023 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Selene310187
Site Admin

Post by Selene310187 »

My first love was Pokémon Red version on the Game Boy Pocket. I poured so many hours into this game that I lost count. I want to play this game again out of nostalgia. Now that I mention this, where is my Game Boy? I remember that my mother was the last one who used it and this was years ago. I just called her to ask her about it but she doesn't remember anymore where she put it. The next time I visit her, I will look for it. Should I find the device, please cross your fingers that it still works after all those years.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”