Hello from an old Khajiit innkeeper

Your hobbies, interests, favorite games, ...
Avrie

Hello from an old Khajiit innkeeper

Post by Avrie »

Hi everyone.

My name is Jack and I'm the pet smoothskin of an old Khajiit...

I run a home improvement company in Arizona USA, after almost 30 years owning an advanced international IT support company. I'm an avid gamer, and a mod author, but mostly I'm known for running an "inn" on the Steam forums for Skyrim SE/AE (The old farts coffee house) I'd post a link, but we're easy enough to find. I'm nothing special, but the inn has grown into something special all on it's own, and I sincerely believe this place will grow into something special as well.

The old farts is just a place where people can gather, discuss games, ask questions when they have problems, and hear the current gaming news. I also check out the new mods being released on the Nexus every morning, and mention what catches my eye over morning coffee. The thread was created before Discord became a thing, and I'm quite proud to say the old cat has been sweeping the floors there for almost 8 years now.

It will be a pleasure to make your acquaintances, and with Selene's kind permission, I'll be reposting my morning reviews here as well.

This one is done talking now yes? Ah'vrie has chores to do.
These users thanked the author Avrie for the post (total 3):
Altbert, Selene310187, Vlad 254
Selene310187
Site Admin

Re: Hello from an old Khajiit innkeeper

Post by Selene310187 »

Welcome to the forum, Jack! :sn-2:

Avrie wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 1:54 pmI'm nothing special, but the inn has grown into something special all on it's own, and I sincerely believe this place will grow into something special as well.
You're special indeed for the hard work you've already done. You are also offering a safe place where like-minded people exchange thoughts,
[...] discuss games, ask questions when they have problems, and hear the current gaming news. I also check out the new mods being released on the Nexus every morning, and mention what catches my eye over morning coffee.
On top of that, you help mods authors by spreading the word about their mods and mod users to find new interesting stuff.

Avrie wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 1:54 pmThe thread was created before Discord became a thing, and I'm quite proud to say the old cat has been sweeping the floors there for almost 8 years now.
Discord. I have an account there but login very rarely and only when I have to, finding some mods which you can only find there for example. I take part in chats very rarely as well because I often need a lot of time to bring my thoughts into being. The chat it often too fast for me. When I've finished my post they are often discussing the next topic.

Running a forum nowadays became hard competing against popular platforms like Discord, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or Reddit.

[...] and with Selene's kind permission, I'll be reposting my morning reviews here as well.
I'm fine, go ahead :sn-2:
These users thanked the author Selene310187 for the post:
Avrie
Avrie

Re: Hello from an old Khajiit innkeeper

Post by Avrie »

Thanks for the warm welcome. I already created my review thread in the skyrim section. And a second thread to discuss the mod reviews so we can keep the review thread clean. I'm liking it here already :sn-2:
These users thanked the author Avrie for the post (total 3):
Selene310187, Altbert, Vlad 254

Return to “Introduce Yourself”