Aimless in Space - The adventures of Charon Seren

Selene310187
Site Admin

Aimless in Space - The adventures of Charon Seren

Post by Selene310187 »

This thread is dedicated to the adventures that my character Charon and I experience during our journey to the stars, exploring the vast amount of planets and following the various missions in Starfield. We are aimless in space because we let ourselves drift, we let ourselves be surprised by what the next day brings.
I decided to not rush through the main story and prioritize doing side quests and exploring star systems and planets (my focus is on the populated ones). My research on the New Game + has let to this decision. I paused the main quest after speaking to Sarah the first time. I don't know when I continue it. At the moment, I find the side quests and the exploring part of the game more interesting.

Charon Seren

Her story begins in the next post.

Tags:
Selene310187
Site Admin

Re: Starfield Screenshots Thread

Post by Selene310187 »

My character, a spaceminer named Charon Seren, discovered a mysterious artifact. A guy from a space organisation wanted to pick it up.

Walking to the meeting point

She wanted to leave this empty rock and luckily, fate gave her a spaceship

"Ok, they want me to fly this ship..."

"... I have no idea!"

"Oh, it works and it hasn't exploded yet."

Flying to one of the first planets and exploring it

The Silence of Sand

"Good" advice
Selene310187
Site Admin

Post by Selene310187 »

New Atlantis

On the way to New Atlantis

"You have reached your destination."

"I finally got new clothes."

Charon: "The little robot is so cute! He could be your playmate. What do you think, Vas? Do we take him to our ship?"
Vasco (Charon's robot follower): "I don't think we are allowed to take him with us like that, captain. And I don't see any point in having a playmate. I wasn't programmed to have fun."
Charon: "Good gracious. I need to tweak your programming when I have acquired the necessary knowledge."
Vasco: "I doubt it's possible to give a machine feelings."
Charon: "We will see."

Condolence

A motivated employee

Evening atmosphere

The Constellation
(the space organisation I mentioned at the beginning of the previous post)

The foyer of the Lodge

"... and here I am!"

Sarah: "You are late!... Sorry, where are my manners... Welcome to the Constellation. We have a lot to talk about."

"Why do some people just have to talk so much? It was a good idea that I interrupted her to tell her that I need some sleep. Or she would have chewed off another ear..."
"That's really a nice room!"
Selene310187
Site Admin

Post by Selene310187 »

The next day, Charon decided that the Constellation and their "important" matters could wait. She has a lot of other things to do that are more important like delivering a box with vegetables to a space station.

"These vegetables are the first step to my commercial empire. But now I need to collect some money to buy a better ship which has more cargo space..."

"Stop dreamin', Charon..."
"That was close... Anyway, I managed to dock with the space station on the first try."

I actually rammed the ship into the space station on the first try (I simply overlooked the display for docking :sn-11:), however, I'm glad there's the possibility to reload a savegame. That's why Charon still thinks she got it right on the first try. If only she knew :sn-31:.

A detour to Akila City

Exploring Jemison
(planet in the Alpha Centauri star system)

Taking off to the next adventure

I found this adorable cat plushie in an outpost full of Spacers

I also found a really nice helmet at the outpost that goes well with her new spacesuit (I bought the space suit at UC Surplus in New Atlantis: The Well)

"Anyone who comes too close to my ship will have to deal with me."

New Atlantis: The Well

After the cat comes the dog

Sunset

Hawley
(moon in the Alpha Centauri star system)

Charon met a tourist space ship on the way to Hawley

"I have never experienced such curious people."

I'm born to run
A video from YouTube usually appears here. Please contact an administrator.
A video from YouTube usually appears here. Please contact an administrator.
And last but not least Charon successfully "acquired" a space ship from some outlaws on Hawley (which she sold to the Ship Services Technician in New Atlantis)
Selene310187
Site Admin

Re: Aimless in Space - The adventures of Charon Seren

Post by Selene310187 »

I love exploring the diverse regions of Jemison and their flora and fauna. This time, Charon visited the icy region in the southern hemisphere of the planet.

Evening sky

Icy plain

Charon came across the Autonomous Dogstar Factory, a location that is randomly placed in your game which means it can appear elsewhere in a different playthrough. It's protected by robots. There are some details in the factory that I found interesting:

Funny drawing

It would be cool to have this prosthesis as an equipment item in the game

"Jumping into this would be a really bad idea."

I agree, but I did it nevertheless to test how long one could survive there wearing the space suit. I won't recommend doing it without making the suit OP with regards to heat resistance.

After several days of exploring, Charon had the urge to do some missions to earn more Credits for a new spaceship. So she agreed to help the United Colonies (UC).

First, their security division

Then their navy, the Vanguard

To become a member of the Vanguard, you need to complete the pilot simulator and a test mission. There's an exhibition about the history of the UC on the way to the simulator.

The first Vanguard mission

Grav jumping to the destination

A relic of the past

"Hmm, I've seen that somewhere before..."
Selene310187
Site Admin

Post by Selene310187 »

Charon on Charon
(Yes, I have named her after one of Pluto's moons :mrgreen:)

I maxed out her Boost Pack Training skill and gave her a better boost pack. So she can stay in the air indefinitely (on planets/moons with low gravity at least) because the fuel regenerates quickly enough.

Vanguard mission on Mars

Charon is looking for a scientist. She needs his help to avert a catastrophe.

But she doesn't let herself get worked up by it and takes time to take a snapshot together with her faithful robot companion Vasco
Selene310187
Site Admin

Post by Selene310187 »

I paused the UC Vanguard mission that started on Mars (and that is centered around a certain vicious creature) because it led to an attack of a city I'm really fond of (I reloaded the save after this happened). Luckily, I was offered two missions to choose between and I only need one of them to progress in the UC Vanguard quest line. So I decided to do the undercover mission instead.

Before Charon went to the UC Vigilance (flagship of the UC Navy) she paid a visit to Deimos Staryard where she enjoyed the view of Mars

But that wasn't the main reason she was there. She wanted to know what kind of ships Deimos had on offer. Unfortunately, none of them piqued her interest. They haven't enough cargo space.

Then Charon got sidetracked again and explored the wilderness of Akila

I installed Call Your Ship to call my ship anytime and where I want

Charon sold the loot from her last adventures and finally flew to the UC Vigilance. She took some notes after the briefing with the commander:

"I have to infiltrate the pirates. This will be child's play."
So she has enough self-confidence. Nothing more can go wrong...

Docking with another ship for the first time

No, I didn't ram it on my first try this time :P

Detour to Europa to gather resources

"Now I'm ready to see the big boss of the pirates..."
Selene310187
Site Admin

Post by Selene310187 »

Fate gave Charon another ship

She actually stole it from some colonists on Akila (bad girl!). It's a Thresher...
And good old Vasco smuggled himself into the picture

My first try on customizing a ship with the ship builder.

Charon and I now have a ship that fulfills many of our needs: enough cargo space, all kinds of crafting benches, more living space and more protection against attacks.

Haven't we forgotten something? The pirate boss! Well, I spent hours trying to find my way around the ship builder and creating a design that I am satisfied with. It's getting pretty late and I want to watch a few more episodes of the Death Note anime series before I go to bed :D.

Last but not least, two night pictures

Selene310187
Site Admin

Post by Selene310187 »

Maiden flight of the customized Thresher

The big pirate boss (of the Crimson Fleet)

You feel welcome here

Charon: "I'm not the only one who was invited."

Delgado: "So, now that we're all here... It's time to get down to business."

What Delgado is up to (mild spoiler): He and the candidates, including Charon, should find clues to a really big treasure in the former prison on the icy planet below his space station.

Quest: Echoes of the past

Inside the prison

"Charon: Crap, we are trapped!"
"Was that just a stupid coincidence or did Delgado have something to do with it? ... It's no use for me to think about it any longer..."
"We must find another way out of this... Mathis, get off your butt!"

In search of an exit Mathis got stuck

I freed him with the power of the "MoveTo" console command.

Mathis and Charon finally reached the exit after a successful scavenger hunt and after defeating a horde of enemies

Shortly before the departure the head of the prison paid his respects. Charon and Mathis welcomed him with a fireworks display of laser beams and bullets.
He was immediately blown away.

Escape from the planet

Charon: We have survived. This must now be celebrated!"
Selene310187
Site Admin

Post by Selene310187 »

Quest: Breaking the Bank

"Just stop grinning like a Cheshire cat."

Thinking of the a plan

"Does he know something?"

...I left parts out to avoid major spoilers...

Farewell to the luxury ship

Inside the bank

It's one of the best quests I played so far. I loved the interrogation part on the luxury ship to get a certain item that will bring Charon closer to the treasure that Delgado recently spoke about. And:
Spoiler
Spoiling the party of the rich people was a lot of fun. :sn-27:

Neebas
(moon in the Kryx system)

Miscellaneous screenshots

Notebooks can be found in Starfield, too

Charon finally earned enough Credits to buy the Shieldbreaker:

But think I will just stick with the customized Thresher for now because I like its inner layout more and it has a better mobility than the Shieldbreaker (and I don't want to change the look of the Shieldbreaker). I will keep the Shieldbreaker as part of my ship collection.