Elex 1 and 2

Elex 1 and 2
Please use the tagging system to differentiate between each part of the series.
Ivanhoe1955SI

Elex 1 and 2

Post by Ivanhoe1955SI »

I'm actually a Fallouter and just stumbled across the idea of Elex by accident in my former forum. I found the idea of a sci-fi end-time scenario combined with medieval times and a bandit culture inspired by Mad Max highly interesting.
So I bought the game and haven't regretted it since.
It is, especially in the beginning, very very hard and you die very often. Again and again I see in the YT videos but the same beginner mistakes. So who is interested in the game can ask me for tips about it.
By the way, it is moddable
Spoiler
Ich bin eigentlich Fallouter und bin nur aus Zufall in meinem ehemaligen Forum über die Vorstellung von Elex gestolpert. Ich fand die Idee eines SciFi Endzeitscenarios verbunden mit Mittelalter und einer an Mad Max angelehnten Banditenkultur hoch interessant.
Also habe ich das Spiel gekauft und seitdem nicht bereut.
Es ist, vor allem am Anfang sehr sehr schwer und man stirbt sehr häufig. Immer wieder sehe ich in den YT-Videos aber die gleichen Anfängerfehler. Wer also Interesse an dem Spiel hat kann mich zu Tipps dazu gerne befragen.
Am Rande: es ist modbar
Don't blame me, I'm only human after all

Tags:
Ivanhoe1955SI

Elex 1 and 2 - review

Post by Ivanhoe1955SI »

I played both parts and wrote a general review about them. I may present it here and hope only DeepL translates it understandably.

Elex Part 1 and Part 2 combined

Elex and Elex2

I already gave a short description of the game Elex at Elder Scrolls Portal and also wrote a review of Elex(1) at Steam. However, there was one thing that really bothered me about Steam:
You could only give Yes or No but no Restricted and justify that as a rating.

I have now since this review some time more hours on the hump and therefore here my correction to it
I also include things from the successor Elex 2. A separate review is in the works.

I was looking forward to Elex because I remembered Gothic 2 and 3 as very good games and played parts of Risen (part 1) as well.
Curious about a game that was supposed to be a gothic with laser weapons, sci-fi touches and modern movement technology, but also offering the possibility to play as a medieval hero with sword, shield, bow and magic?
That could only be good, right? Especially since there was a long break at PB. Then the first shock: GENOME ENGINE ---still---good, upgraded but basically just as outdated as Gamebyro at Bethesda.
Then I knew that in 2017/18 there will be a game that can not be on the level that many players now expect (would).
At least this expectation was not disappointed.
Now some will say: You play it but already quite long, right? (number of hours)
That's right, we started again and again, new balancing through mods, tested different reshade presets, different play styles and difficulty levels. That costs time when you start again and again.
But it also has another aspect: You get to know it well and criticisms become relative.

Game principle (short form) and possible allies/opponents

A meteor hit the world of Magalan and devastated it. With the meteor, the element Elex came to this world and influenced the further development of the survivors.
The game begins 160 years later after the impact. Elex 2 another 6 years later.
At the beginning you are introduced as a high-ranking member of the Albs (Commander) who was shot down on a mission over enemy territory and then executed according to the directive for failure (something went wrong) and when you wake up you realize: PB-typically everything was stolen and the Elex withdrawal has taken all your power. It needs alliance partners.

The individual factions (Who can be considered as an alliance partner bold)
Albs (not playable in Elex1, in Elex 2 they are)
Emotionless humanoids who consume Elex to become strong, but the attitude towards emotions relativizes and in part 2 they allow emotions.

Separatists
Albs who for some reason no longer want to follow the directive of the Albs, do not completely renounce Elex but are neutral towards the free humans, also present again in Elex 2 and poterntial ally.
Berserker
Live mainly in the land of Edan, hate technology, hate Elex but need it to make mana for their magic.
Medieval types with their own crude attitude towards laser weapons and energy weapons in general.
In Elex 2 they have expanded their habitat and also lost some of their technophobia.
Outlaws
The kings of the Tavar desert. Have no rules (they say) and follow none. Survival of the fittest
Strong affinity for old world firearms (bazooka, grenade launcher rifles etc) Use Elex to boost their drugs (stims).
In part 1 it is told that the founder of their capital Baxter was expelled by the outlaw Logan. In Elex 2 we find both of them in different places again
In Elex 2 there are also the Morkons who are a crazy sect and worship the god of stagnation. This leads to members committing suicide because death is the highest form of stagnation for them.

Clerics
Religious cultists who only use Elex to strengthen their weapons (just like the Albs) have a lot of battle robots and battle machines and drones (just like the Albs) but the crew is rather small. They inhabit the part of the world where the meteor hit in Ignadon.
The land there is characterized by volcanoes, lava lakes and streams, and if that's not stress enough, plenty of high-level dangerous monsters.
Everything else about it would be just spoilers---play it yourself. :)
Camp of the middle
I'm only listing it here for the sake of completeness. But it is crucial for the course of the story. In Elex 2 it became the Bastion, in a completely different place.

Can I recommend the game/games?
Who is PB - fan will already have it and this review does not change his opinion but brings him only against me. (I am well aware)
To this group of people I can recommend it because Elex has quite good positive sides such as lighting effects, landscape in general (on special I'll go briefly) a coherent but not logical main quest, a mistake that is repeated in Elex 2.Good to very good side quest and a built-in puzzle/puzzle/search game.
The same is found again in Elex 2 and I'll give it away: the search for the individual puzzle pieces is more valuable than the reward you get.

Those who have played games like Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim or the Fallout series may be disappointed. I'm not even saying that you can compare Fallout 4 to Elex just like that because that wouldn't be entirely fair (PB is like the corner store to Walmart compared to Zenimax/Bethesda, so you can't really compare).
I don't want to call anyone not to buy the game, no matter if 1 or 2 or both, it's your decision, but I can recommend it. You should always keep in mind that it comes from a forge that has been known for a long time among fans for rustic, rough and also afflicted with the one or other glitch and is also loved for it. (more about this in the following text)

What went into my rating?
I'll try to make it short:

FIGHTING SYSTEM
We all knew that the game would be crisply difficult even shortly before the realease. However, that could be partly attributed to a not well-balanced hacky combat system with an idiotic-looking autofocus that needs stamina for every little action, leaving the player with hardly any action once he runs out of stamina----this is very annoying at the beginning. This has also brought many players to the game after 5 or 10 hours of play already to quitten (Ragequitt) and to treat themselves to another game.
Well, autofocus can be set manually since the last patch, adjust the difficulty in general, but that came too late for many and worse for them: the other criticisms remained.

LANDSCAPE/LIGHT EFFECTS/WEATHER
I was blown away at first. This was PB as I knew it from the predecessors. I thought they had learned and there were no mistakes here.
SORRY:
Clipping errors in the streets and houses (white light lines where parts are not right to each other, floating trees and partly open meshes for rock groups. Especially well visible in Ignadon. In general, though, it's not overwhelming much and you can live with it. Especially visible in part 1, in part 2 the landscape is better represented and they have corrected some mistakes from part 1.

WHEN DOES PB REALIZE THAT PEOPLE ARE DIFFERENT?
I do not mean that there are males and females but that they all look different. In Elex I was reminded of a Star Wars movie: Attack of the Clones.
In part 2 they didn't want to make this mistake anymore and changed some things, but unfortunately not always for the better. Faces are still quite uniform and sometimes look like plastic. When I saw the face of Jax's son I was scared and almost had nightmares.

QUEST/DIALOGE Elex 1 and 2

General/Positive:
The quests are all set to speech, some are excellently written, and unlike Fallout 4, it can happen that you do a quest, think nothing evil of it, and several days later you are reminded of a bad behavior. I don't want to spoil, but mention the name Mad Bob from Elex 1.

The quests are very extensive but some of them are always the same depending on the camp/affiliation. However, this is no longer so noticeable once you have joined a group.
Negative:
At least I see it so that if I join the clerics then I still as a regent of the clerics with a regent armor come to Goliet and do there still quest I would have to do to be able to Berserker? That must not be possible anymore. Fine, the villagers may ask me for help in conversation but Ragnar and the other warlords should have an option in that case: You are a cleric, you are tolerated here but you can't get any tasks from us anymore.
To be applied to clerics and outlaws (faction) as well, mutatis mutandis.

Other Confusing:
Jax says: Too easy. (Lock Picking)
No matter how many lock picks were used, how many tumblers there were, it was always "Too easy."
I say to that: PB made it too easy. A little more variety would be nice.
Also, the reaction of the quest givers when you agree can be guessed 90% correctly: I was hoping you'd say that.

FALLING DAMAGE
Elex1
I don't want to get upset, just this much: I jumped off a 2 meter garage roof as a young man without getting seriously injured. In Elex, three meters are enough to die, but in other cases the character falls through to the Forbidden Valley and has no scratch.
What was that supposed to be? Test run? Then improve it in the successor.
The successor was improved, but again not consistently. The fact that the jetpack from part 1 was improved and expanded was a success. They also adopted something I saw for the first time in Gothic3: sliding down a slope when it's not exactly vertical.
Unfortunately, they didn't take over the reserve from part 1. If you are not careful the jetpack is empty when you are still thirty meters high. Couldn't happen in part 1 because the reserve had to be activated and could prevent death by falling damage.

HITBOXES/ATTACKS OF THE ENEMIES
I've always known drafts are dangerous and a rock doesn't protect against a poison/stasis/blood attack.
WTF?
Simple: you stand by a converter in Edan, get stressed with Albs, the Alb swings his hammer and you are dead. However, he only hits air (missing the target by almost 1.5 meters in top view) but as a player you are dead.

Enemy Aiming Skills
Albs hit with their lasers/plasma guns from a distance, you can only marvel at that, Rummagers (Wühler) and especially Rippers and Tank Horrors (Panzerschrecken) spit fire and stasis projectiles from a distance, you can only shake your head at that and it doesn't matter if you are standing on a roof, that goes through. I admit, some of it is enginedue not possible but then at least reduce the hit radius.
Tn Elex 2 they reduced that very much. There you can dodge incoming projectiles with a side step. An action that in part 1 resulted in death or at least serious injury.

My conclusion:
Recommend? No, if you only have a low frustration tolerance. Especially in Elex 1 on Normal difficulty you can die every second. Beginners who think they can do it alone will very quickly read the Word END on the screen.

Yes, if you want to get involved in something new, are a fan of PB or just like to play RPG, even difficult at the beginning (There is no starting area like in other games. Enemies can be signed with skull and crossbones right out of the gate.
Replay value? Definitely there. In part 1 for me but more than in part 2. Once because of the factions you can join or even if you want to try something and test other tactics.
Potential? Quite available, but unfortunately much was given away, possibly even for lack of time. (see also own assessment)

Own assessment for improvement:
PB would have refrained from designing a map that was 1.5 times larger than that of Gothic 3, so it kept smaller but the remaining then filled with even more life, especially the player through more info's brought closer to the world before the impact (even Fallout 4 offers more info).
(Falk (a possible companion): I would have liked to see the old world intact) I can agree to the extent that I would have liked to know how it was. Pictures, holotapes, voice recordings, archives of the clerics, there would have been so many possibilities. What the game currently offers is too little. (I'm well aware that I haven't necessarily found everything either).
Four Houses Quest had tremendous potential and has provided so little info input. Too bad, but it was enough for some kind of thread.

If ELEX1 is supposed to be the beginning of a series, and it seems to be, then I think it's absolutely necessary. Games like Fallout and the TES parts, for example, live from their lore (even if it is sometimes adapted).

What is seriously different in Elex 2?
Many parts of the map that were not accessible in Elex 1 are in Elex 2 but vice versa is the same. Many parts from Elex 1 are only mentioned by name in the sequel, but are no longer accessible.
In both parts existing ruins differ in part massively from each other and that in a part that plays six years after the predecessor the buildings are more extensive than in the first part. That cannot be. Eventually I will make an illustrated comparison.

My conclusion to part 2 of Elex
Personally, and I'm not alone in this, I think this part 1 is more successful overall. But you have to keep in mind:
For part 2, the developer has increased his team from 27 to 34. The engine was adapted and above all, the Corona Pandemic probably ensured that an agreement between the employees who were in the home office was no longer timely. It is said that the story suffered as a result.
Unfortunately, this has always been a problem child in PB games, even without a pandemic.

If you find spelling mistakes please keep them. I have enough of them myself :sn-4:
Spoiler
Elex und Elex2

Ich habe beide Teile gespielt und eine allgemeine Rezension darüber geschrieben. Ich darf sie hier präsentieren und hoffe, dass nur DeepL sie verständlich übersetzt.

Elex Teil 1 und Teil 2 zusammen

Elex und Elex2

Ich habe bereits eine kurze Beschreibung des Spiels Elex auf Elder Scrolls Portal gegeben und auch eine Rezension von Elex(1) auf Steam geschrieben. Allerdings gab es eine Sache, die mich bei Steam wirklich gestört hat:
Man konnte nur "Ja" oder "Nein", aber nicht "Eingeschränkt" angeben und dies als Bewertung rechtfertigen.

Ich habe nun seit diesem Review einige Zeit mehr Stunden auf dem Buckel und deshalb hier meine Korrektur dazu
Ich beziehe auch Dinge aus dem Nachfolger Elex 2 mit ein. Ein separates Review ist in Arbeit.

Ich habe mich auf Elex gefreut, weil ich Gothic 2 und 3 als sehr gute Spiele in Erinnerung hatte und auch Teile von Risen (Teil 1) gespielt habe.
Neugierig auf ein Spiel, das ein Gothic mit Laserwaffen, Sci-Fi-Touch und moderner Bewegungstechnologie sein sollte, aber auch die Möglichkeit bot, als mittelalterlicher Held mit Schwert, Schild, Bogen und Magie zu spielen?
Das kann doch nur gut sein, oder? Zumal es bei PB eine lange Pause gab. Dann der erste Schock: GENOME ENGINE ---immer noch---gut, aufgerüstet, aber im Grunde genauso veraltet wie Gamebyro bei Bethesda.
Da wusste ich, dass es 2017/18 ein Spiel geben wird, das nicht auf dem Niveau sein kann, das viele Spieler jetzt erwarten (würden).
Zumindest wurde diese Erwartung nicht enttäuscht.
Jetzt werden einige sagen: Du spielst es doch schon recht lange, oder? (Anzahl der Stunden)
Stimmt, wir haben immer wieder neu angefangen, neues Balancing durch Mods, verschiedene Reshade-Voreinstellungen, verschiedene Spielstile und Schwierigkeitsgrade getestet. Das kostet Zeit, wenn man immer wieder neu anfängt.
Aber es hat auch einen anderen Aspekt: Man lernt es gut kennen und Kritikpunkte werden relativiert.

Spielprinzip (Kurzform) und mögliche Verbündete/Gegner

Ein Meteor schlug auf der Welt Magalan ein und verwüstete sie. Mit dem Meteor kam das Element Elex auf diese Welt und beeinflusste die weitere Entwicklung der Überlebenden.
Das Spiel beginnt 160 Jahre nach dem Einschlag. Elex 2 weitere 6 Jahre später.
Zu Beginn wird man als hochrangiges Mitglied der Albs (Commander) vorgestellt, der auf einer Mission über feindlichem Gebiet abgeschossen und dann laut Direktive wegen Versagens (irgendwas ist schief gelaufen) hingerichtet wurde und als man aufwacht, stellt man fest: PB-typisch wurde alles gestohlen und der Elex-Rückzug hat dir alle Macht genommen. Es braucht Bündnispartner.

Die einzelnen Fraktionen (Wer kommt als Bündnispartner in Frage?)
Albs (in Elex1 nicht spielbar, in Elex 2 sind sie es)
Emotionslose Humanoide, die Elex konsumieren, um stark zu werden, aber die Einstellung zu Emotionen relativiert sich und in Teil 2 lassen sie Emotionen zu.

Separatisten
Albs, die aus irgendeinem Grund nicht mehr der Direktive der Albs folgen wollen, Elex nicht völlig abschwören, sondern sich neutral gegenüber den freien Menschen verhalten, auch in Elex 2 wieder präsent und potentielle Verbündete.

Berserker
Leben hauptsächlich im Land Edan, hassen Technologie, hassen Elex, brauchen es aber, um Mana für ihre Magie herzustellen.
Mittelalterliche Typen mit ihrer eigenen kruden Einstellung zu Laserwaffen und Energiewaffen im Allgemeinen.
In Elex 2 haben sie ihren Lebensraum erweitert und auch etwas von ihrer Technophobie verloren.
Geächtete
Die Könige der Tavar-Wüste. Sie haben keine Regeln (sagen sie) und befolgen keine. Überleben des Stärkeren
Starke Vorliebe für Schusswaffen aus der alten Welt (Panzerfaust, Granatwerfer usw.) Verwenden Elex, um ihre Drogen (Stimms) zu verstärken.
In Teil 1 wird erzählt, dass der Gründer ihrer Hauptstadt Baxter von dem Geächteten Logan vertrieben wurde. In Elex 2 finden wir die beiden an verschiedenen Orten wieder.
In Elex 2 gibt es auch die Morkons, die eine verrückte Sekte sind und den Gott der Stagnation anbeten. Das führt dazu, dass die Mitglieder Selbstmord begehen, weil der Tod für sie die höchste Form der Stagnation ist.

Kleriker
Religiöse Kultisten, die Elex nur zur Verstärkung ihrer Waffen verwenden (genau wie die Albs), haben eine Menge Kampfroboter, Kampfmaschinen und Drohnen (genau wie die Albs), aber die Mannschaft ist eher klein. Sie bewohnen den Teil der Welt, in dem der Meteor in Ignadon eingeschlagen ist.
Das Land dort ist geprägt von Vulkanen, Lavaseen und -strömen und, als ob das nicht schon Stress genug wäre, von einer Menge hochgradig gefährlicher Monster.
Alles andere wäre nur ein Spoiler - spielt es selbst :)
Lager der Mitte
Ich führe es hier nur der Vollständigkeit halber auf. Aber es ist entscheidend für den Verlauf der Geschichte. In Elex 2 wurde es zur Bastion, an einem ganz anderen Ort.

Kann ich das Spiel/die Spiele empfehlen?
Wer PB - Fan ist wird es schon haben und diese Rezension ändert seine Meinung nicht, sondern bringt ihn nur gegen mich auf. (Dessen bin ich mir wohl bewusst)
Diesem Personenkreis kann ich es empfehlen, denn Elex hat durchaus gute positive Seiten wie Lichteffekte, Landschaft im Allgemeinen (auf spezielle gehe ich kurz ein), eine stimmige, aber nicht logische Hauptquest, ein Fehler, der sich in Elex 2 wiederholt, gute bis sehr gute Nebenquests und ein eingebautes Puzzle/Rätsel/Suchspiel.
Selbiges findet sich in Elex 2 wieder und ich verrate es gleich: die Suche nach den einzelnen Puzzleteilen ist wertvoller als die Belohnung, die man bekommt.

Diejenigen, die Spiele wie Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim oder die Fallout-Reihe gespielt haben, werden vielleicht enttäuscht sein. Ich sage nicht einmal, dass man Fallout 4 einfach so mit Elex vergleichen kann, denn das wäre nicht ganz fair (PB ist im Vergleich zu Zenimax/Bethesda wie der Laden an der Ecke zu Walmart, man kann also nicht wirklich vergleichen).
Ich möchte niemanden dazu aufrufen, das Spiel nicht zu kaufen, egal ob 1 oder 2 oder beides, es ist eure Entscheidung, aber ich kann es empfehlen. Man sollte immer im Hinterkopf behalten, dass es aus einer Schmiede kommt, die unter Fans schon lange für rustikal, rau und auch mit dem ein oder anderen Glitch behaftet bekannt ist und auch dafür geliebt wird. (mehr dazu im folgenden Text)

Was ist in meine Bewertung eingeflossen?
Ich werde versuchen, mich kurz zu fassen:

Ich werde versuchen, mich kurz zu fassen:

KAMPFSYSTEM
Dass das Spiel knackig schwer sein würde, wussten wir alle schon kurz vor der Veröffentlichung. Das lag aber auch an einem nicht ausbalancierten, hakeligen Kampfsystem mit einem idiotisch aussehenden Autofokus, der für jede noch so kleine Aktion Ausdauer benötigt und den Spieler kaum agieren lässt, sobald ihm die Ausdauer ausgeht----, was am Anfang sehr nervig ist. Dies hat auch viele Spieler dazu gebracht, das Spiel nach 5 oder 10 Stunden Spielzeit bereits zu quitten (Ragequitt) und sich ein anderes Spiel zu gönnen.
Gut, Autofokus kann man seit dem letzten Patch manuell einstellen, den Schwierigkeitsgrad generell anpassen, aber das kam für viele zu spät und schlimmer für sie: die anderen Kritikpunkte blieben.

LANDSCHAFT/LICHTEFFEKTE/WETTER
Am Anfang war ich begeistert. Das war PB, wie ich es aus den Vorgängern kannte. Ich dachte, sie hätten gelernt und es gäbe hier keine Fehler.
SORRY:
Clipping-Fehler in den Straßen und Häusern (weiße Lichtlinien, wo Teile nicht richtig zueinander stehen, schwebende Bäume und teilweise offene Meshes für Felsgruppen. Besonders gut sichtbar in Ignadon. Im Allgemeinen ist es aber nicht überwältigend viel und man kann damit leben. Besonders gut sichtbar in Teil 1, in Teil 2 ist die Landschaft besser dargestellt und sie haben einige Fehler aus Teil 1 korrigiert.

WANN BEGREIFT PB, DASS DIE MENSCHEN UNTERSCHIEDLICH SIND?
Damit meine ich nicht, dass es Männchen und Weibchen gibt, sondern dass sie alle unterschiedlich aussehen. Bei Elex fühlte ich mich an einen Star Wars-Film erinnert: Attack of the Clones.
In Teil 2 wollte man diesen Fehler nicht mehr machen und hat einiges geändert, aber leider nicht immer zum Besseren. Die Gesichter sind immer noch ziemlich gleichförmig und sehen manchmal wie Plastik aus. Als ich das Gesicht von Jax' Sohn sah, habe ich mich erschrocken und hatte fast Albträume.

QUEST/DIALOGE Elex 1 und 2

Allgemein/Positiv:
Die Quests sind alle auf Sprache ausgelegt, einige sind hervorragend geschrieben, und im Gegensatz zu Fallout 4 kann es vorkommen, dass man eine Quest macht, sich nichts Böses dabei denkt, und einige Tage später an ein schlechtes Verhalten erinnert wird. Ich will nicht spoilern, aber erwähne den Namen Mad Bob aus Elex 1.

Die Quests sind sehr umfangreich, aber einige davon sind je nach Lager/Zugehörigkeit immer gleich. Das fällt aber nicht mehr so auf, wenn man sich einer Gruppe angeschlossen hat.
Negativ:
Zumindest sehe ich es so, dass wenn ich den Klerikern beitrete, ich dann noch als Regent der Kleriker mit einer Regenten-Rüstung nach Goliet komme und dort noch Quests machen müsste, um Berserker werden zu können? Das darf nicht mehr möglich sein. Gut, die Dorfbewohner können mich im Gespräch um Hilfe bitten, aber Ragnar und die anderen Kriegsherren sollten in diesem Fall eine Option haben: Du bist ein Kleriker, du bist hier geduldet, aber du kannst keine Aufgaben mehr von uns bekommen.
Soll auch für Kleriker und Geächtete (Fraktion) gelten, mutatis mutandis.

Sonstiges Verwirrend:
sagt Jax: Zu leicht. (Lock Picking)
Egal, wie viele Dietriche verwendet wurden, wie viele Zuhaltungen es gab, es war immer "zu einfach".
Ich sage dazu: PB hat es zu einfach gemacht. Ein bisschen mehr Abwechslung wäre schön.
Auch die Reaktion der Questgeber, wenn man zustimmt, kann man zu 90% richtig erraten: Ich hatte gehofft, dass du das sagen würdest.

FALLENDER SCHADEN
Elex1
Ich will mich nicht aufregen, nur so viel: Ich bin als junger Mann von einem 2 Meter hohen Garagendach gesprungen, ohne mich ernsthaft zu verletzen. In Elex genügen drei Meter, um zu sterben, aber in anderen Fällen fällt die Figur ins Verbotene Tal und hat keinen Kratzer.
Was sollte das denn sein? Ein Testlauf? Dann verbessern Sie es im Nachfolger.
Der Nachfolger wurde zwar verbessert, aber wieder nicht konsequent. Dass das Jetpack aus Teil 1 verbessert und erweitert wurde, war ein Erfolg. Sie haben auch etwas übernommen, was ich zum ersten Mal in Gothic3 gesehen habe: das Hinunterrutschen an einem Hang, wenn dieser nicht gerade senkrecht ist.
Leider haben sie die Reserve aus Teil 1 nicht übernommen. Wenn man nicht aufpasst, ist das Jetpack leer, wenn man noch dreißig Meter hoch ist. Das konnte in Teil 1 nicht passieren, weil die Reserve aktiviert werden musste und den Tod durch Fallschaden verhindern konnte.

HITBOXEN/ATTACKEN DER GEGNER
Ich habe schon immer gewusst, dass Drafts gefährlich sind und ein Felsen nicht vor einem Gift/Stasis/Blut-Angriff schützt.
WTF?
Ganz einfach: Du stehst bei einem Konverter in Edan, wirst mit Albs bedrängt, der Alb schwingt seinen Hammer und du bist tot. Allerdings trifft er nur in die Luft (verfehlt das Ziel in der Draufsicht um fast 1,5 Meter), aber als Spieler bist du tot.

Feindliche Zielfertigkeiten
Albs treffen mit ihren Lasern/Plasmakanonen aus der Ferne, da kann man nur staunen, Rummagers (Wühler) und vor allem Ripper und Panzerschrecken spucken Feuer und Stasis-Geschosse aus der Ferne, da kann man nur den Kopf schütteln und es ist egal, ob man auf einem Dach steht, das geht durch. Ich gebe zu, manches davon ist motorisch nicht möglich, aber dann sollte man wenigstens den Trefferradius reduzieren.
In Elex 2 haben sie das sehr stark reduziert. Dort kann man ankommenden Geschossen mit einem Seitwärtstritt ausweichen. Eine Aktion, die in Teil 1 zum Tod oder zumindest zu schweren Verletzungen führte.

Mein Fazit:
Empfehlen? Nein, wenn man nur eine geringe Frustrationstoleranz hat. Besonders in Elex 1 auf dem Schwierigkeitsgrad Normal kann man im Sekundentakt sterben. Anfänger, die glauben, es alleine zu schaffen, werden sehr schnell das Wort ENDE auf dem Bildschirm lesen.

Ja, wenn man sich auf etwas Neues einlassen will, ein Fan von PB ist oder einfach gerne RPG spielt, auch wenn es am Anfang schwer ist (Es gibt kein Startgebiet wie in anderen Spielen. Feinde können gleich zu Beginn mit einem Totenkopf gekennzeichnet werden.
Wiederspielwert? Eindeutig vorhanden. In Teil 1 für mich aber mehr als in Teil 2. Einmal wegen der Fraktionen, denen man beitreten kann oder auch wenn man etwas ausprobieren und andere Taktiken testen möchte.
Potential? Durchaus vorhanden, aber leider wurde viel verschenkt, vielleicht auch aus Zeitmangel. (siehe auch eigene Bewertung)

Eigene Einschätzung zur Verbesserung:
PB hätte davon abgesehen, eine Karte zu entwerfen, die 1,5 mal so groß ist wie die von Gothic 3, also kleiner gehalten, aber den Rest dann mit noch mehr Leben gefüllt, vor allem dem Spieler durch mehr Info's die Welt vor dem Aufprall näher gebracht (selbst Fallout 4 bietet mehr Info).
(Falk (ein möglicher Begleiter): Ich hätte die alte Welt gerne intakt gesehen) Ich kann insofern zustimmen, dass ich gerne gewusst hätte, wie sie war. Bilder, Holotapes, Sprachaufnahmen, Archive der Kleriker, es hätte so viele Möglichkeiten gegeben. Was das Spiel derzeit bietet, ist zu wenig. (Ich bin mir durchaus bewusst, dass ich auch nicht unbedingt alles gefunden habe).
Four Houses Quest hatte ein enormes Potenzial und hat so wenig Info-Input geliefert. Schade, aber es war genug für eine Art von Thread.

Wenn ELEX1 der Anfang einer Serie sein soll, und das scheint es zu sein, dann halte ich das für absolut notwendig. Spiele wie Fallout und die TES-Teile zum Beispiel leben von ihrer Lore (auch wenn sie manchmal angepasst wird).

Was ist in Elex 2 wirklich anders?
Viele Teile der Karte, die in Elex 1 nicht zugänglich waren, sind es in Elex 2, aber umgekehrt ist es genauso. Viele Teile aus Elex 1 werden in der Fortsetzung nur noch namentlich erwähnt, sind aber nicht mehr zugänglich.
In beiden Teilen vorhandene Ruinen unterscheiden sich zum Teil massiv voneinander und das in einem Teil, der sechs Jahre nach dem Vorgänger spielt, die Gebäude umfangreicher sind als im ersten Teil. Das kann nicht sein. Irgendwann werde ich einen bebilderten Vergleich anstellen.

Mein Fazit zu Teil 2 von Elex
Ich persönlich, und damit bin ich nicht alleine, finde diesen Teil 1 insgesamt gelungener. Aber man muss bedenken:
Für Teil 2 hat der Entwickler sein Team von 27 auf 34 aufgestockt. Die Engine wurde angepasst und vor allem die Corona-Pandemie hat wohl dafür gesorgt, dass eine Absprache zwischen den Mitarbeitern, die im Homeoffice waren, nicht mehr zeitgemäß war. Darunter soll die Geschichte gelitten haben.
Leider war dies schon immer ein Sorgenkind bei PB-Spielen, auch ohne Pandemie.
Last edited by Ivanhoe1955SI on Mon Jan 23, 2023 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Selene310187
Site Admin

Re: Elex 1 and 2

Post by Selene310187 »

As we've discussed, I moved your thread to the new Elex subforum and renamed it to "Elex 1 and 2".
Ivanhoe1955SI

Re: Elex 1 and 2

Post by Ivanhoe1955SI »

Bad news for all Piranha Bytes (PB) fans or enthusiasts. The studio will probably be closed. Creative Director Björn Pankratz has already left the studio in November 2023 due to disagreements.
Reason(s) for the closure
Poor sales figures for Elex 2 and Embracer does not believe that Elex 3 can make up for this
Cost-cutting measures at the holding company Embracer from Sweden, which probably took on too much with purchases, a billion-dollar deal flopped and now studios are being closed that are not expected to make money in the foreseeable future

The publisher THQ Nordic has stood up for PB, but so far it is only known that PB may keep the license for Elex (1+2). (a bad joke, the games are hardly worth anything at the moment)
Embracer, however, probably has what they want and can certainly still make money with it: The licenses for Gothic and Risen

Translated with DeepL.com (free version)