I'm going to stop playing SAE indefinitley

Releases, works in progress, help, reviews, ideas, tutorials
Selene310187
Site Admin

Re: I'm going to stop playing SAE indefinitley

Post by Selene310187 »

I just downloaded the save file and Wrye Bash says me that it has only the Skyrim main plugin and the DLCs activated. So I don't think that the (unaltered) save alone is the issue. I still believe the issue could be the combination of certain mods that edit the same things. But I only know a few of your mods. Therefore, I cannot pinpoint the culprits. However, it's worth to take a look at this guide (I linked the correct mod this time ;)) as well which lists some other possible causes and solutions for your crashes.

If you decide to find out the conflicting mods with SSEEdit using this method or the method I mentioned in this post, please bear in mind that uninstalling the mods in question will leave remnants in your save, which can lead to problems. It's possible to clean the save with the ReSaver from FallrimTools, for example, but I can't tell you how risky this is because I haven't much experience with this tool. In any case, it's advisable to make a backup copy of the save in case something goes wrong.
Altbert

Post by Altbert »

If you can't find the mod that crashes your game, take a look at this guide:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 3111663148
especially the section on the use of CrashLogger or Trainwreck. Crashlogs can be several hundreds of lines long, with Trainwreck even over a thousend lines. Most of the lines have no meaning, so it will be useful to remove those lines. The guide shows what lines to remove and what lines to keep.
Bis vincit, qui se vincit in victoria - He conquers twice who conquers himself in victory (Publius Syrus)
PunkRubberRiley

Post by PunkRubberRiley »

Hello there! Just to make sure I didn't leave the thread hanging, I ended up making a new save, and it was probably the right call to, I went back and found some mistakes on my end!
Selene310187
Site Admin

Post by Selene310187 »

I'm glad you were able to solve your problem. :)