Is Nintendo actually forcing mods off of Garry's Mod?

Discussion about other games regardless of their modability.
PunkRubberRiley

Is Nintendo actually forcing mods off of Garry's Mod?

Post by PunkRubberRiley »

I was trying to see if I could fix Skyrim SE/AE when all of a sudden, I see a GMOD post on my steam library theme saying how they're removing all of the Nintendo related mods from the workshop, and that it was at the request of Nintendo! I went on the comment section and saw a bunch of angry people on there stating how Nintendo sucks this and that, while I see other posts stating that the GMOD people actually might've fell pray to a scam artist!!!!!... Also, there was me, asking people to see my pet rock collection, that doesn't exist. I haven't played Garry's Mod in years, so I'm not entirely sure what's going on :?:
PunkRubberRiley

Re: Is Nintendo actually forcing mods off of Garry's Mod?

So it turns out that they are! That's ♡♡♡♡ disgusting! Why do we still play videogames when all these corpo ♡♡♡♡♡ do is shit all over us! These companies need to get thier receipts! I'm sick and tired of both these companies and the people that still play them! I want to see both parties burn! I think I just died on the inside, seriously! This is why music is better I'm just saying!
Selene310187
Site Admin

Post by Selene310187 »

I don't have a close relationship with Nintendo or Garry's Mod, but I can certainly understand how much this is bothering you. I felt the same way when Nintendo took the Yuzu emulator down. Nintendo is unfortunately very strict when it comes to enforcing their rights. The fans on Garry's Mod are fighting back and have already published protest mods according to the article on wired.com (last paragraph).
These users thanked the author Selene310187 for the post:
PunkRubberRiley
PunkRubberRiley

Oh cool! I'm very sorry for my violent outburst! Whenever something bad happens, I feel fine in that moment, but when time passes, my extreme aggression kicks in! This is the curse I have to deal with! I don't think I want to be apart of the internetverse, youtubeverse, dramaverse... whatever, anymore! When I go on youtube there's a lot of crap on the site! my feed is currently filled with wrestling drama channels, weird social guru videos that I don't know if I should put my trust in, and... tabloids, just tabloids. specifically video game tabloid weirdness, most of it I think is just bad news at this point! I just need to get away from it all before I hear another person freaking out over DMCA this and DMCA that! DMCA shouldn't be a thing if all it does is hurt people! I'm sick of people getting hurt :sn-9: