LET ME INTRODUCE MYSELF - ALTBERT

Your hobbies, interests, favorite games, ...
Altbert

LET ME INTRODUCE MYSELF - ALTBERT

Post by Altbert »

Since Steve (smr1957) already introduced himself I feel I can't stay behind, although for various reasons I can't disclose too much personal information.

Shortly after the introduction of the personal computer in the early eighties I started programming in Assembly and C, later switching to VB and C++, and designing databases (DBIV/Clipper, SQL Server and MySQL).

With the release of The Elder Scrolls series of game, in particular Skyrim in 2011, I became interested in creating mods for TES games, slowly learning the Papyrus scripting language. Although I started with TES3 Morrowind, I have played all the major TES games: Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim. But sometimes I may switch to other games, such as Eastshade, Adera, Obduction, Submerged, Enderal (SE), The Talos Principle and XING: The Land Beyond.

Most of the mods I have made, have been published in the Steam Workshop for Skyrim (without DLCs) and Skyrim Legendary Edition. Although a member of AFK Mods since late 2016, I only started this year publishing mods for Skyrim Special Edition. I have also written several guides for Skyrim (LE) and Skyrim SE, but also for some other games (Adera, Eastshade and Enderal).

Since my early retirement in 2016 I have been able to spend lots more time on my hobbies and interests: genealogy, the Old Norse language and runic writing (Viking Era), history, traditional and historic archery and of course creating mods for Skyrim. Current health conditions make it impossible for me to attend international archery tournaments. Last huge tournament was an international tournament in China in 2017, before that tournaments in France and the UK.

My ingame character has always been a Nord ever since Arena, always light leather armor a bow and when possible dual-wield one-handed swords. Although Dutch, I'm of Danish/Norse descent, which goes back to the Viking Era (9th or 10th century). The name Altbert refers to Albert. My real name is short for Albert. The first "t" I have added, refers to my age. In a few months I'm turning 69, and "Alt" means "old" in German and Old Germanic. As for my ingame name, it has always been Ysmir Sky-Born in every possible playthrough.

What else can I say? Well, just ask. I will always respond, but might respond with "sorry, that's what I like to keep private".
These users thanked the author Altbert for the post (total 2):
smr1957, Selene310187
Bis vincit, qui se vincit in victoria - He conquers twice who conquers himself in victory (Publius Syrus)
smr1957

Re: LET ME INTRODUCE MYSELF - ALTBERT

Post by smr1957 »

Nice introduction, Albert! :)
These users thanked the author smr1957 for the post:
Altbert
Altbert

Post by Altbert »

Thanks, Steve!
Bis vincit, qui se vincit in victoria - He conquers twice who conquers himself in victory (Publius Syrus)
Selene310187
Site Admin

Post by Selene310187 »

I wonder how do you manage making mods and switching games from time to time. My problem is that I mostly can concentrate on only one thing. The last time I played other games was very long ago. I have a lot of games that I want to play someday like The Witcher series or Cyberpunk 2077. But I also want to finish my modding projects. Due to my limited energy I sometimes need to take longer breaks from the projects. I also put some projects on hold as I took on too much.
Altbert

Post by Altbert »

I will, most of the time, concentrate on one thing at a time. Having finished a mod project after lots of testing and restarting the mod many times, I just need a break from Skyrim. That's when I may switch to another game, preferably a non-combat game, such as Eastshade, or writing guides for games. If I have ideas for a new mod project, I will always start by working it out on "paper" (most of the time in Word).
These users thanked the author Altbert for the post:
Selene310187

Return to “Introduce Yourself”