The economy Vs. Gaming hardware

• Computers and technology: programming, hardware, software, gadgets, cyber security, ...
  • phpBB tutorials

Avrie

The economy Vs. Gaming hardware

Post by Avrie »

This gets mentioned on the Old Farts thread on steam quite a bit by me. I figure it makes sense to bring it up here as well, but maybe a little deeper as an opening post...

I follow the stock markets quite closely, and as you can imagine, as an avid gamer that includes following quarterly reports from Intel, Nvidia, and AMD. I just wanted to let people know that there might be some serious GPU buying opportunities leading into the holidays, and really deep discounts after the holidays.

Both Jensen Wong, and Lisa Su spoke during the last Earnings conference call for Q3. Both companies are "caught" behind declining demand for PCs brought about by over buying during Covid when the "work from home" craze started. Both companies are now sitting on an oversupply of previous high end inventories. Both companies have also clearly stated that they are looking to "aggressively" discount existing inventories to make room for new models.

If you're currently thinking about upgraded video hardware, look to the post holiday sales for what will hopefully be some obscene sales on high end video gear. I'm actually considering building a second rig for streaming based on everyone having to dump stock this year... Eye's open.

Tags:

Return to “Technical Room”