Doctor Who

Here you can converse about your favorite movies, series and TV shows.
Selene310187
Site Admin

Doctor Who

Post by Selene310187 »

I came across the series when I searched for videos about cyborgs on Youtube (my all time favorite Sci-Fi trope) and found some scenes with the 11th Doctor fighting against Cybermen. After watching some episodes, it had happened to me and I love the series to this day. Every Doctor has his (and her) own charming side. But my favorite ones are 10th and the 12th Doctor. 10 because of his humor, openness and genial demeanor and 12 because of his transformation from the very grumpy guy to a not so grumpy guy who can actually enjoy fun (I'm thinking in particular of the sleigh scene in one of the Christmas specials).

In 2017, I traveled to Cardiff seeing the Doctor Who Experience before it closed its doors in the same year. It was an unforgettable experience and I made a lot of photos back then. I bought my first Sonic Screw Driver (12th's) in the shop of the exhibition. Unfortunately, I broke its electronics after it fell down to the ground some months ago. But I kept it nevertheless. It's still in my shelf next to 13th's and my DIY sonic screw driver.

I'm really excited about the 14th Doctor because.....

-> Big Spoiler Alert! <-
Spoiler
David Tennant plays the 14th Doctor :sn-13:

I watched 13th's regeneration at the end of "The Power of the Doctor" and was thunderstruck. I could only say: WHAT?!!!!!! :sn-24:. I was thrilled to bits. I believe my neighbors heard my excitement :sn-11:.

Who's your favorite Doctor? Do you prefer Classic Who or New Who?
Altbert

Re: Doctor Who

Post by Altbert »

What can I say? I probably only have seen the 1st and maybe the 2nd serie/season on Dutch TV. Don't even know who the actors were at the time.
Bis vincit, qui se vincit in victoria - He conquers twice who conquers himself in victory (Publius Syrus)

Return to “Screening Room”