Do Synths Dream of Electric Sheep?

Selene310187
Site Admin

Do Synths Dream of Electric Sheep?

Post by Selene310187 »

The title of the thread is a reference to Philip K. Dick's novel "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?" (which served as basis for the well-known movie Blade Runner). I loved the Blade Runner movies but haven't read the book yet (it's on my long list of the things that I want to do...).

So I really liked that the Fallout 4 developers centered the main quest around similar beings, the Synths.

My first Fallout 4 character, Sam, didn't started as a Synth. He was an ordinary human. This changed a lot later.

Before I show you the images of his current look, I summerize how Sam evolved in the last couple of years.

I will list the main phases and present a small selection of pictures only in this post:
Human phase:

If you want to know what adventures I experieced with the human Sam, I wrote two articles on my website ;-):
The beginning
Brotherhood of Steel and Institute
In March 2020, I decided to turn him into Synth but not a normal one. I discovered iSynth on Nexus Mods.

iSynth/Synth Swap phase:

Then I played around with various styles and edited some of them in the course of time.

I modified the textures in Gimp/Photoshop

and recombined the body meshes of iSynth and the augmentations of Synth Swap in Outfit Studio/Blender).

IKAROS-Androids/Project Apollo Androids Playable Race phase:
Nano Suit phase:
I replaced his body mesh with a Nano Suit with the help of Unique Player and Followers REDUX.

iSynth 1980 AIO Archive File phase:
(first file in the Updated Files section of the download section of the iSynth mod)

Robot phase aka Synth Swap/Revenge of Brain phase:

Institute Samurai phase:
(personal unreleased mashup using the breast plate and the coat from Look At Me – Institute Edition)

Katana: AE-86 Seiryuu Beam Katana
Third eye: Cyber Tattoo and Third Eye

You can find all pictures of the previous phases including the phases I left out here. Most of the mods I mentioned earlier are available on Nexus Mods.

"Project Apollo Androids Playable Race" got deleted from the Nexus. There still some traces left that the mod existed like a thread on a Russian site. The mod author of Project Apollo concentrated on the Fallout New Vegas version of the mod which he released in May 2022 (why I haven't downloaded this version yet?!... done).

"IKAROS-Androids" can be found on TrohpiHunter's website (no link due to adult content).

Robot phase - the second:

The mods I used for the mashup:

IW - Synaptic
Synth Regeneration: it's available on Kelcken's Discord (Section 3 Stumping Grounds, under "Releases")
Mark V(B) Armory

The skull thingies are part of the Synth Swap mod :sn-37:

Tags:
Selene310187
Site Admin

Re: Do Synths Dream of Electric Sheep?

Post by Selene310187 »

I paused the game between November 2021 and May 2024 with a short interruption in January 2023 lasting only one day. A few days ago, I reinstalled Fallout 4 to play quest mods that I missed like Point Lookout or Tales from the Commonwealth and the new Creation Club content from the Next Gen update. But I stay on the previous version of the game for now. Normally, the previous version of the game would crash if the new CC content is loaded. But there's a workaround using the Backported Archive2 Support System which I described in this tutorial.

After making sure everything was running smoothly, I gave Sam new hair and eyes.

Sam: "Roger. Target confirmed."

Then MacCready got new hair and eyes as well.

I don't just want to talk about the changes to Sam's or MacCready's appearance in this thread, but also about their adventures and my adventures in modding Fallout 4 :sn-37:.

The quest of the Heavy incinerator Creation Club content leads to Saugus Ironworks

I turned Dogmeat into Dogmetal at some point by the way.

To get to the weapon, you need a Power Armor with a special modification. When my character got into the Power Armor and I switched to the third person view, I noticed that the camera went completely crazy (it just stayed on the ground no matter what I did). I was sure it was a mod conflict. To test it, I wanted to disable all mods and gradually re-enable them to find the guilty mod. After I disabled all mods, Fallout 4 crashed on loading. It took me a while to figure out that disabling Portable World Space causes the game to crash. The mod that made the camera unusable when using the Power Armor was For the Droids. I finally found the solution in the comments of the mod. The animation mod requires the Custom Camera mod.

I nearly forgot that I had the Jump Flight mod installed. Great aerial shots can be created in conjunction with Photo Mode.

This picture was taken while searching for the Tesla cannon

Sam took the cannon from a gunner who had "accidentally" dropped it

Return to “Fallout 4 - General Discussion”