Do Synths Dream of Electric Sheep?

Selene310187
Site Admin

Do Synths Dream of Electric Sheep?

Post by Selene310187 »

The title of the thread is a reference to Philip K. ♡♡♡♡'s novel "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?" (which served as basis for the well-known movie Blade Runner). I loved the Blade Runner movies but haven't read the book yet (it's on my long list of the things that I want to do...).

So I really liked that the Fallout 4 developers centered the main quest around similar beings, the Synths.

My first Fallout 4 character, Sam, didn't started as a Synth. He was an ordinary human. This changed a lot later.

Before I show you the images of his current look, I summerize how Sam evolved in the last couple of years.

I will list the main phases and present a small selection of pictures only in this post:
Human phase:

If you want to know what adventures I experieced with the human Sam, I wrote two articles on my website ;-):
The beginning
Brotherhood of Steel and Institute
In March 2020, I decided to turn him into Synth but not a normal one. I discovered iSynth on Nexus Mods.

iSynth/Synth Swap phase:

Then I played around with various styles and edited some of them in the course of time.

I modified the textures in Gimp/Photoshop

and recombined the body meshes of iSynth and the augmentations of Synth Swap in Outfit Studio/Blender).

IKAROS-Androids/Project Apollo Androids Playable Race phase:
Nano Suit phase:
I replaced his body mesh with a Nano Suit with the help of Unique Player and Followers REDUX.

iSynth 1980 AIO Archive File phase:
(first file in the Updated Files section of the download section of the iSynth mod)

Robot phase aka Synth Swap/Revenge of Brain phase:

Institute Samurai phase:
(personal unreleased mashup using the breast plate and the coat from Look At Me – Institute Edition)

Katana: AE-86 Seiryuu Beam Katana
Third eye: Cyber Tattoo and Third Eye

You can find all pictures of the previous phases including the phases I left out here. Most of the mods I mentioned earlier are available on Nexus Mods.

"Project Apollo Androids Playable Race" got deleted from the Nexus. There still some traces left that the mod existed like a thread on a Russian site. The mod author of Project Apollo concentrated on the Fallout New Vegas version of the mod which he released in May 2022 (why I haven't downloaded this version yet?!... done).

"IKAROS-Androids" can be found on TrohpiHunter's website (no link due to adult content).

Robot phase - the second:

The mods I used for the mashup:

IW - Synaptic
Synth Regeneration: it's available on Kelcken's Discord (Section 3 Stumping Grounds, under "Releases")
Mark V(B) Armory

The skull thingies are part of the Synth Swap mod :sn-37:

Tags:

Return to “Fallout 4 - General Discussion”