[WIP] Floating Island of Legends

Releases, works in progress, help, reviews, ideas, tutorials
Altbert

Re: Floating Island of Legends

Post by Altbert »

I do not use Beyond Skyrim: Bruma. Pale Pass is just a border area in Skyrim south of Helgen. I also use More Informative Console and my own take on Where Am I ..., but with more details, although I have not included it this playthru. I exactly know the point where the game CTDs, but I've only put the Saxhleel warrior in the area, nothing more! It may actually not have anything to do with my mod, but I just want to make sure.
Bis vincit, qui se vincit in victoria - He conquers twice who conquers himself in victory (Publius Syrus)

Tags:
Altbert

Post by Altbert »

Selene310187 wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 9:30 pm I forgot one important thing. The changes you make with SSEEdit only take effect when you save the plugin AND close the program.

I added a hint regarding deleted default objects to the end of my previous post.
Definitely did that! Always do.
Bis vincit, qui se vincit in victoria - He conquers twice who conquers himself in victory (Publius Syrus)
Selene310187
Site Admin

Post by Selene310187 »

Maybe it's the NPC itself. Does your game crash if you "summon" the warrior to your location using the placeatme command? If he's already enabled in the quest line, you can use the moveto command in combination with the reference ID of the NPC: player.movto <refID of the NPC>
The other way around:
prid <refID of the NPC>
moveto player
Altbert

Post by Altbert »

Never had a problem with the Argonian warriors, not even when I had the earlier CTD issue. I will see if it also happens when I get near to any of the other warriors. Normally you won't know where there are, but at least I know!
Altbert

Post by Altbert »

Got the issue on other places also: entering Helgen, near Broken Helm Hollow and accros the bridge to Uttering Hills. It must be something with a mod I use. I have to see if it happens at other places too. I have to start fast traveling again, otherwise it would take far too long! LOL. Also various other places give me CTDs. I figure some added mod causes this, as I have never experienced this with my mod, except for the deleted navmeshes issuek! This game keeps surprising me every day. But I need to know which mod is causing this.
Altbert

Post by Altbert »

I have already introduced "questless" quests in Floating Island of Legends: No quest stages, objectives or quest markers. The player has to find their targets by unravelling clues in journals, letters and notes. Probably not everybody's cup of tea, but I think it can make the game more challenging. I have already started writing out my ideas about sequels to this mod: Shalidor's Heritage, Hall of Legends and The Yellow Books, although the last one could be part of one of the first two.

Shalidor's Heritage will be about a powerful illusion magic spell, hidden somewhere in Skyrim. Several elemental mages in the First Era had just a tiny part of the knowledge to find the spell tome. This tiny part of knowledge is hidden in a book and had to be past to their successors for eras to come.

Hall of Legends will be a type of museum, but without quests involved, although placing artefacts will be restricted to certain types (that's the difficult part I will have to figure out).

The Yellow Books are supposed to be the counter part of the Black Books. These will take you to places otherwise not reachable. No idea about this yet and if it will be implemented, standalone or in one of the previous ideas.

At least I've got some ideas about my "Legends Series". If you have any ideas, feel free to share those with me.
Altbert

Post by Altbert »

The PK did it again! After solving the issues with CTDs when getting near the island (deleted navmeshes) or getting near the Saxhleel (Argonian) warriors (incorrect FaceGen data after removing unused masters) I now have CTDs when getting near some (not all) of the Ayleid ruins. No deleted navmeshes there and no incorrect FaceGen data (no added NPCs there at all)! Back to the drawing board again, because I want to be absolutely sure nothing in my mod is causing these issues. Back from level 49 to level 6, but if it works without LOD generation, at least the mod works as intended, I think.
Selene310187
Site Admin

Post by Selene310187 »

Does the CTD also occur near the Ayleid ruins in question with an older version of the plugin where you didn't remove the masters?
Altbert

Post by Altbert »

Selene310187 wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 12:41 am Does the CTD also occur near the Ayleid ruins in question with an older version of the plugin where you didn't remove the masters?
I can't check that anymore as I have completely removed generated LOD. I presume it has something to do with the large reference bug. I will have to redo LOD with the DynDOLOD NG DLL. I still have xLODGen and TexGen generated output.
Selene310187
Site Admin

Post by Selene310187 »

Now a more detailed crash log could help to find the cause (not only for finding conflicting mods but also for finding faulty 3D models). I mentioned some crash logger mods in one of my previous posts:

Selene310187 wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 9:06 pmYou could also try some crash logger mods to find the mods which cause CTDs:
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecial ... mods/51230
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecial ... mods/59818