New ideas

Skyrim (32-bit version) and Skyrim Special Edition (64-bit version), DLCs, Creation Club content
and all other different "versions" of Skyrim (Legendary Edition, Anniversary Edition, ...)
Altbert

New ideas

Post by Altbert »

Every once in a while I come up with ideas for a mod for Skyrim. Actually this one is an idea from my son.

"Dad, can you create a game with this or that?".

"I'm sorry, son, but that requires me to learn how to create games with game engines like Unity, CryEngine or another free game engine".

"Dad, you know how to create mods for Skyrim. Could it be done as a mod for Skyrim?".

"Yes, that could be done, but not in the way you may want it to be done!".

Both my son and I love an old DOS game called "Tower of the Sorcerer", created in 1996, first published in 1998. I have no intention to recreate that game for whatever platform. That has already been done dozens of times. But, something similar in the TES universe, that would be a challenge! Not a 50 floor tower, but something underground. Already have some ideas ...
Bis vincit, qui se vincit in victoria - He conquers twice who conquers himself in victory (Publius Syrus)
Selene310187
Site Admin

Re: New ideas

Post by Selene310187 »

I read the description of the game: https://tig.fandom.com/wiki/Tower_of_the_Sorcerer

It's an interesting concept and I'm curious how this can look in a TES game. You could build just one level for testing and see how your ideas work and make adjustments if needed. Then when you are content with the prototype, turn it into a fully fledged mod.
Altbert

Post by Altbert »

Selene310187 wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 7:28 pm I read the description of the game: https://tig.fandom.com/wiki/Tower_of_the_Sorcerer

It's an interesting concept and I'm curious how this can look in a TES game. You could build just one level for testing and see how your ideas work and make adjustments if needed. Then when you are content with the prototype, turn it into a fully fledged mod.
Yes, that's what I'm doing right now. Just take it one step at a time, going slow. I have to finish the Floating Island mod first, and might combine it with my ideas about Shalidor's Heritage. Maybe.
Bis vincit, qui se vincit in victoria - He conquers twice who conquers himself in victory (Publius Syrus)
Altbert

Post by Altbert »

Too many ideas, too little time! And ... I should do some housekeeping!

At the moment I have various mods that need to be finished (mostly only thourough testing):

SPRIGGY, a spriggan as a follower (the non-hostile imprisoned spriggan from Snapleg Cave)
To my regret this one goes back to the drawing board as far as the dialogue quest and scripting is concerned. Those contradict to the original quest and scripts in the vanilla game.
SECURE CHESTS, chests like in Enderal: Forgotten Stories, but not in public places (player determines where these should be placed)
This one is near finished!
COURTING & MARRIAGE, marry any NPC with the correct voice type, not by wearing the Amulet of Mara, but through conversation, doing favors, etc.
This one is also near finished
SKYRIM'S LOST SETTLEMENTS, memorial statues for the settlements destroyed before the events in Skyrim
And so is this one
TELEPORT SCROLLS, 27 teleport destinations, 1 scroll per destination, scrolls are not consumed/destroyed
Just have to distribute the scrolls to the wizard merchants in Skyrim and on Solstheim, but not make it too easy
In early stages of development (WIP):
SHALIDOR'S LEGACY, see my other postings
DUNGEON CLEARING, once a dungeon is cleared, it remains marked as cleared, even after 30 ingame days when the Boss of the dungeon is killed
Difficult one, something that has annoyed me for years. For now I'm testing it with the use of SKSE and PapyrusUtil, but it may need other script extenders. I just hope it doesn't need a DLL plugin as I have no experience with that sofar
Altbert

Post by Altbert »

I have added some additional comments as quotes to my previous post about my new ideas. Sorry to be hopping from one idea to another, but that's how my brains seem to work! :sn-28:
Ivanhoe1955SI

Post by Ivanhoe1955SI »

Selene310187 wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 7:28 pm I read the description of the game: https://tig.fandom.com/wiki/Tower_of_the_Sorcerer

I looked at this too and for whatever reason, it reminds me of the Oblivion DLC Wizards Tower.
But somehow both are very different or am I wrong?
Don't blame me, I'm only human after all
Altbert

Post by Altbert »

Ivanhoe1955SI wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 1:34 am

I looked at this too and for whatever reason, it reminds me of the Oblivion DLC Wizards Tower.
But somehow both are very different or am I wrong?
They are indeed very different. The Wizards Tower (Frostcrag Spire) is a magic based player home. Tower of the Sorcerer is a 50 floor dungeon, where you have to battle various enemies to save a princess. At the same time it's a strategy puzzle game.
Altbert

Post by Altbert »

Small update on my ideas:
  • Spriggy is giving me a bad headache, one time it works, the next time it doesn't! Arrgh!
  • Secure Chests works fine, but not in the HF houses; chests can be replaced, can be interacted with, but become invisible!
  • Skyrim's Lost Settlements is finished, but I still have to check all monuments for the etched tablets
  • Courting & Marriage is finished, but has to be tested (not in the mood to get married)