This happens when Selene tries to play Two Worlds 2

Discussion about other games regardless of their modability.
Selene310187
Site Admin

This happens when Selene tries to play Two Worlds 2

Post by Selene310187 »

It's a more or less funny screenshot story. Strictly showing the story of the game is boring. That's why I spice it up with annotations and occasionally putting words into the mouth of the figures that they didn't say but would suit the screenshots. I made the dialogue in question bold.

What is Two Worlds II?
It's like Skyrim a fantasy RPG. You play the nameless hero from the first part of the game series. His mission is to save his sister from a sinister foe. You can customize the appearance of your character with a character editor. I don't remember much from the previous part but I think it's not necessary to know everything in order to play the second part. The internet is full with explanations to help me fill possible gaps.
Start screen

Always showing your character

I will leave some passages from the story out to minimize spoilers :sn-37:. So my first batch of screenshots starts right before the portal at the end of the first dungeon.

"If you say soo... The teleport is ready"

says Dar Pha, the companion of the nameless hero

I don't want to call him the nameless hero all the time. Let's call him Fernando instead.

Dar Pha: Geronimo!

First picture of the overworld

Dar Pha: What the heck...?!

Fernando: Geez Dar Pha, it was an accident.

Fernando: Now, where are we?

I've forgot it... the internet says "Alsorna", a small island.

quest target: find the teleport

quest target: go back to the camp

I love sunsets :sn-14:

Tags:
Selene310187
Site Admin

Re: This happens when Selene tries to play Two Worlds 2

Post by Selene310187 »

Dar Pha: "We go now!"

Fernando: "It's alright. We'll do whatever you say."

You have reached your destination

But there's one problem...

Fernando: "Wait, isn't something missing?"

A video from YouTube usually appears here. Please contact an administrator.

Magician - what was his name: "My deed is done."

Magician - what was his name: "The prophet is waiting for you."

The Prophet: "There you are, sweetie... Come... closer."

Fernando: "Sorry, I'm not interested."

The Prophet: "Oh, you will."

The Prophet gave him a vision and that's what he saw:
Fernando's vision
:sn-3:
Before the Prophet departed, she added the following: "Exchange your 'clothes' with the ones on the table. Please!"

Fernando: "Ok, if you insist upon by all means..."

The cheats I used in some of the pictures:
Disable HUD (the cut scenes are usually without HUD): showinterface 0
Set the visibility of the hero to zero (because the game has no first person): graph.drawhero 0
Selene310187
Site Admin

Post by Selene310187 »

Inside the sanctuary of the orcs. Yes, orcs and they are the good ones. I didn't believe it, too.

Fernando: "Do you want to go with me and take care of me? I mean that I don't get lost while I look around in my room."

Dar Pha: "Oh, you are already a big boy."

She didn't get it or did she? Clearly grasping innuendos doesn't belong to my strengths.

Dar Pha just reads this silly* book instead of accompanying my character on his further adventures

* Please don't tell Dar Pha that I said this about her book. She scares me... :D
Selene310187
Site Admin

Post by Selene310187 »

Fernando: "I hope I don't end up like this poor guy."

Remnants of a lost civilization

Another teleport!

Fernando: "I can finally leave this Grom* infested island!"
* They somehow remind me of the Goblins in Skyrim and Oblivion.

Who doesn't get Terminator vibes here?

Fernando: "Great, the teleport did work. I'm in one piece."

I slowly start to like this game

I nearly gave up playing it because I was frustrated that I was being one-hitted by some Groms. The game doesn't (always) hold your hand. You need to figure out on your own that you need to become stronger before you can survive in certain areas. I didn't figure it out on my own. The internet helped me. After I grinded some levels, I got the hang of it. I also finally figured out how the damn lockpicking works (on my own! :D).

I will return to Alsorna island someday, when I'm strong enough, and make mincemeat out of the boss Groms :sn-19:.
Ivanhoe1955SI

Post by Ivanhoe1955SI »

I have only played part 1 once and was absolutely not thrilled. A lot of houses and almost none were walkable, riding was a pain and what I disliked the most was this:
Copy protection
The DVD is not protected from copying by a copy protection. Instead, the game must be activated via the Internet or telephone hotline when installing for the first time and every time a hardware component is replaced.

Overall, I did not enjoy the game and it is the only one I have ever thrown in the trash can.

Don't know if they improved on part 2 though, the above-mentioned was enough for me to never try it.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Spoiler
Ich habe nur den Teil 1 einmal angespielt und war absolut nicht begeistert. Eine Menge Häuser und fast keines war begehbar, Reiten war eine Qual und was mir am meisten missfallen hat, war das:
Kopierschutz
Die DVD ist nicht durch einen Kopierschutz vor dem Vervielfältigen gesichert. Stattdessen muss das Spiel per Internet oder Telefon-Hotline beim erstmaligen Installieren und bei jedem Tausch einer Hardware-Komponente aktiviert werden.

Insgesamt hat mir das Spiel keinen Spaß gemacht und es ist das einzige, das ich jemals in die Mülltonne geworfen habe.

Weiß aber nicht, ob sie beim Teil 2 verbessert haben, das oben geschriebene reichte mir es nie zu versuchen.
Don't blame me, I'm only human after all
Selene310187
Site Admin

Post by Selene310187 »

I didn't need to activate the second part. I can even start the game without starting Steam.
Ivanhoe1955SI wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 3:05 pmA lot of houses and almost none were walkable
I have the impression that there are more walkable houses than in the first part.
Ivanhoe1955SI wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 3:05 pmriding was a pain
It's okayish now.
Ivanhoe1955SI wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 3:05 pmI have only played part 1 once and was absolutely not thrilled.
It's too long ago that I played the first part. I remember that I played until the end of the story and I was content with the game overall, I think.

Regarding part 2, I needed some time to get into the story and into the mechanics of the game. Now I can't keep my fingers off it :sn-31:. I really love the combat with long staffs (as blunt or blade weapons) because I feel like a real master of martial arts.

Spoiler
Ich brauchte den zweiten Teil nicht zu aktivieren. Ich kann das Spiel sogar ohne Steam starten.

Ich habe den Eindruck, dass mehr Häuser als im ersten Teil begehbar sind.

(Reiten) ist jetzt ok.

Es ist zu lange her, dass ich den ersten Teil gespielt hatte. Ich erinnere mich, dass ich bis zum Ende gespielt hatte und insgesamt mit dem Spiel zufrieden war, denke ich.

Was Teil 2 betrifft, brauchte ich ein bisschen Zeit bis ich in die Story und die Mechaniken des Spiel hineingefunden habe. Jetzt kann ich meine Finger nicht mehr davon lassen :sn-31:. Ich liebe den Kampf mit Stäben (als stumpfe oder Klingenwaffen), weil ich mich wie ein Martial-Arts-Meister fühle.
Selene310187
Site Admin

Post by Selene310187 »

Finally some decent looking gear

You need to stand near a wall and play around with the camera to create a closeup when you are not in a dialogue

Charming art style - could be from 1001 and one nights

Meeting point

Ahem

Fernando: "Now I'm hungry."

Fernando: "I can read."

Weird guy

Fernando: "No, I don't have time for that."

Nice weapon!

Text in the screenshot: Your reputation within Giriza (Thieves Guild) increased!

Fernando reached level 18 and is in the middle of the first chapter of the story (the small island with the Groms was part of the prologue). Initially, I started the playthrough as relaxation during times with huge workload and now I can't stop playing :mrgreen:.
Selene310187
Site Admin

Post by Selene310187 »

Ghost squad

I like the windows

Atronachs?!

(they are called golemns in the game)

Hmm, the gear of the red guy would suit my Skyrim characters...

Fernando: "I'm ready for the Tower of Fangs."
Selene310187
Site Admin

Post by Selene310187 »

Inside the Tower of Fangs

Slaying the first boss

Return to Alsorna island

The reckoning with the ("boss") Groms

Fernando: "Only a dead Grom is a good Grom."

Mysterious voice (Mv): "Ahem, do you think it's a good idea to wipe out an entire species?"
Fernando: "Where and who are you?"
Mv: "I'm everywhere and nowhere. I'm just an observer. I don't have a name exactly like you, young nameless hero."
Fernando: "My name is Fernando!"
Mv: "It seems that you forgot that you gave this name to yourself a long time ago. The first disappearance of your sister caused a partial amnesia. But this fact is not important anymore... Forget the Groms. Your mission is to save your sister from the darkness."
Fernando: "My sister..."

And so the nameless hero, pardon, Fernando, returned to the prophet named Cassara delivering the object that he captured in the Tower of Fangs...

Fernando: "Baby, I'm back!"

Fernando will deliver the package but before he takes the next step he pays the Soulpatcher a visit. The Soulpatcher allows your character to relocate a random number of attribute and skill points for a fee. I noticed that playing a warrior/ranger is not that fun because you can't equip a bow if you wear certain armor pieces (like Elven) and I don't want to swap the armor pieces out each time I want to fire some arrows at the enemy from the distance. So I change my character build to full warrior. I tried the Remove Bow Restrictions mod but it bugs me that every time I try to open the inventory the frame rate drops to zero for a short time. That's why I deleted the mod and loaded a save where I don't have this mod activated. Luckily, I created one rightly before the Tower of Fangs and I needed to redo only the first two floors of the tower.

It's too bad the modding community of both Two Worlds games died out in the meantime. You can still find mods in the internet. But it's not clear if they work with the latest version of each game. Because of that, I continue to play Two Worlds 2 purely "Vanilla". Regarding mods, I'm really late to the party, I guess.

If someone wants to create mods and tweaks for Two Worlds 2, there still some modding tools available ;).
Selene310187
Site Admin

Post by Selene310187 »

In Cassara's quarter

Cassara: "It's an university. You must go to New Ashos finding someone who knows more about the experiment."

Fernando: Fine, if there's nothing else, I'll be going.

New Ashos

Selfie time!

Umbrella vendor lady: "I had the same reaction!!! We have the same way of thinking. So again ... one of the umbrellas has eaten up his owner."

Sweet parrots

At the harbor of New Ashos, Fernando met an old acquaintance who sold him a

sailboat!

And he "forgot" his main mission again...

He ought to have been a soul of sailor

Island hopping

A mysterious fortress in the distance

Well then, time to set sail (again)!