YouTube, Instagram and co. - Your favorite social networks

Take a seat, lean back and talk about anything that comes to mind here - as long as it stays civil.
Selene310187
Site Admin

YouTube, Instagram and co. - Your favorite social networks

Post by Selene310187 »

What social networks do you use regurlarly? Or don't you use social networks at all?

I mainly use YouTube for watching all kinds of videos. You see me commenting a video very rarely due to my Social Anxiety.

Then come Reddit and Quora which I usually use to learn more about Aspergers, ADHD and Social Anxiety. I don't have an account on Reddit. For Quora I use my Google account to log in - I don't post there.

I have a Facebook account, however I only log in every couple of months.

My Twitter account is pretty dormant but I plan to change this.
Selene310187
Site Admin

Re: YouTube, Instagram and co. - Your favorite social networks

Post by Selene310187 »

Edit:

I removed the poll because I think it's easier if I just select 5 popular social networks and see how it goes.

I ask this question in the context of the social login extension which I may implement in the forum (I say "may" because I still need to test if it works with the current version of the forum software and I haven't found the time for this yet). The poll helps me to find out what social networks should I support when using the extension. The social login extension supports over 40 social networks. I think I could support, let's say, 5 of them to start with. But the more I think about it the poll may be not suitable because the maximum of number of choices is 10. A survey might be better.
Last edited by Selene310187 on Sat Mar 25, 2023 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
smr1957

Post by smr1957 »

Personally, I don't use any - unless you count Steam as a social network site. And that keeps me more than busy enough! :sn-3:
Altbert

Post by Altbert »

Youtube (only to listen to and find ecseptional music), Facebook (to connect with family and friends far away, abroad or otherwise not within reach), Steam Community (most of the time only the Old Fart's Coffee House), including Steam Chat, and various genealogical/DNA related sites.

I never use social login if provided.
Bis vincit, qui se vincit in victoria - He conquers twice who conquers himself in victory (Publius Syrus)
Selene310187
Site Admin

Post by Selene310187 »

smr1957 wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 6:05 pm Personally, I don't use any - unless you count Steam as a social network site. And that keeps me more than busy enough! :sn-3:
Steam is on list of supported social networks of the social login extension. But I don't see it as a social network. I consider it mainly as a platform to distribute games; it has some features of a social network though. However I think it would be a good idea to let the users register with their Steam account on the Spectrum because there are many gamers who have one. The other four that I may support with this extension could be Google, Discord, Epic Games and Facebook. Depending on how well the integration of these in the registration process is received by the users, more might follow in the future. I probably test the social login extension at the weekend.
Ivanhoe1955SI

Post by Ivanhoe1955SI »

There is only one real social network: the pub at the end of the street.
Apart from that, I now only use YouTube and occasionally check out Pinterest. The latter is more of a platform for pictures.
Spoiler
Es gibt nur ein echtes soziales Netzwerk: Die Kneipe am Ende der Straße.
Abgesehen davon nutze ich jetzt nur noch YouTube und gelegentlich schaue ich bei Pinterst rein. Wobei letzteres eher eine Plattform für Bilder ist
Don't blame me, I'm only human after all
Selene310187
Site Admin

Post by Selene310187 »

Ivanhoe1955SI wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 12:26 pmThere is only one real social network: the pub at the end of the street.
How true this is. :sn-4:

Ivanhoe1955SI wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 12:26 pmApart from that, I now only use YouTube and occasionally check out Pinterest. The latter is more of a platform for pictures.
I nearly forgot that I have an account on Pinterest. I didn't remember the last time I logged in there or used that platform.
Altbert

Post by Altbert »

Ivanhoe1955SI wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 12:26 pm There is only one real social network: the pub at the end of the street.
So true!
Bis vincit, qui se vincit in victoria - He conquers twice who conquers himself in victory (Publius Syrus)