Regulars' Table

Take a seat, lean back and talk about anything that comes to mind here - as long as it stays civil.
smr1957

Re: Regulars' Table

Post by smr1957 »

Selene310187 wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 6:06 pm
smr1957 wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 5:48 pm[...] I just have to think of a good place to post them - they are not set in Skyrim (even if Skyrim is the background used in the pics and some characters carry over their names from the game). Probably will just start a new topic in the Lounge's Seating Area [...]
Yes, the Seating Area. I imagine how you seat yourself in the armchair nearby the fireplace* in this area reading your stories to us while we are sitting around you, listen to them with anticipation.
* I just finished constructing the (imaginary) fireplace :sn-4:
This pic "Everyone Loves a Good Story" probably illustrates it best:
Everyone Loves a Good Story.jpg
These users thanked the author smr1957 for the post:
Selene310187
smr1957

Post by smr1957 »

Okay, so tomorrow I will try and get the thread set up and write a little introductory post for it, and then Friday, Saturday, and Sunday I will post the 3 parts of the initial story, Adventurers Three - at least, that's the plan - LOL!

With each subsequent story being posted each week on Friday/Saturday.
Selene310187
Site Admin

Post by Selene310187 »

Some idiot is letting off firecrackers in the middle of the night in the neighborhood. We don't have New Year's Eve yet :sn-12:!
Altbert

Post by Altbert »

Selene310187 wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:01 pm Some idiot is letting off firecrackers in the middle of the night in the neighborhood. We don't have New Year's Eve yet :sn-12:!
That's the order of the day here also. Sometimes extremely heavy, like Cobras.
Bis vincit, qui se vincit in victoria - He conquers twice who conquers himself in victory (Publius Syrus)
Selene310187
Site Admin

Post by Selene310187 »

Altbert wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:19 pm
Selene310187 wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:01 pm Some idiot is letting off firecrackers in the middle of the night in the neighborhood. We don't have New Year's Eve yet :sn-12:!
That's the order of the day here also. Sometimes extremely heavy, like Cobras.
So I'm not alone with this problem.

It seems to have stopped now. I just wanted to watch some more episodes of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (before I go to bed) without being disturbed by such nuisance...
Altbert

Post by Altbert »

No, you're certainly not! It's a terrible nuisance!
Bis vincit, qui se vincit in victoria - He conquers twice who conquers himself in victory (Publius Syrus)
smr1957

Post by smr1957 »

Apparently, the bizarre adventure was going on outside your place, Selene!
Selene310187
Site Admin

Post by Selene310187 »

My deed is done for this week (regarding my RL work). I was able to include all events for children and families* into the event calendars of two family magazines** (print version).

* sent by email by the organizers
** my company publishes three family magazines in total for three regions in Germany which are available in printed form and online

Tomorrow, I will add the remaining event photos to the Dropbox for our graphic designer (a selection of photos will be included in the print version of the event calendar) and do some leftover work for the online version of the magazines.

After work, I visited "Markthalle 8", an indoor marketplace in Bremen which offers various street food stalls (an insider's tip in case you manage to come to Bremen someday and it still exists then). They even played live music this evening (a wide range of popular cover songs). I had an African stew and it was interesting.

Now I'm on the way back home (writing on my mobile).
smr1957

Post by smr1957 »

The Adventures of Etienne thread is up and running! :sn-2:

The first installment of the first story - Adventurers Three (there are 4 parts), will be posted Dember 9, Part 2 will be posted December 9 in the evening, Part 3 will be posted December 10, and part 4 December 11. Thereafter, a new story will be posted each Friday evening/Saturday morning.
Enjoy! :sn-14:
Last edited by smr1957 on Fri Dec 09, 2022 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
smr1957

Post by smr1957 »

Congrats on being done with work for the week, Selene! Cookies and sweets and drinks for you! :sn-41: :sn-42: :sn-43: :sn-40: :sn-39:
These users thanked the author smr1957 for the post:
Selene310187

Return to “Seating Area”