Regulars' Table

Take a seat, lean back and talk about anything that comes to mind here - as long as it stays civil.
Selene310187
Site Admin

Re: Regulars' Table

Post by Selene310187 »

It's good to hear that you are feeling better now. :sn-2:

Thanks to your recommendation, YouTube recommended me with whole audio drama episodes of John Sinclair* :sn-16:. Now I have a lot to catch up :sn-31:

* German horror fiction series running since 1973; there are two English versions available (reboot in 2015 and light novel in 2021) according to the Wikipedia article

Spoiler
Es ist gut zu hören, dass es dir wieder besser geht. :sn-2:

Dank deiner Empfehlung schlug mir YouTube ganze Hörspielfolgen von John Sinclair* vor :sn-16:. Nun habe ich eine Menge nachzuholen :sn-31:

* Deutsche Gruselroman-Serie, die 1973 erstmalig erschien; es gibt zwei englische Versionen (Reboot in 2015 und Light Novel in 2021) laut Wikipedia artikel
smr1957

Post by smr1957 »

Time to take time off (again - LOL!) for the evening. Been busy all day crafting a letter to be sent to VALVE tomorrow morning requesting that a topic be pinned - so will be occupied with that for most of tomorrow, as well. So, brain break time and maybe search again for some movie or show I can watch that will take my mind off of things for a bit! Hope you all have a pleasant and relaxing evening!
smr1957

Post by smr1957 »

Good day, all! Sending out the emails to VALVE went much faster and smoother this time around than it did back in '18, despite the fact that I sent out nearly 3 times as many this go around (73 in total). Now just have to wait and see if at least ONE of those to whom I sent the emails, takes action (back in "18, of the 28 emails I sent, there were 5 individuals who did, though one - David Speyrer - was the most instrumental in getting the topics pinned back then. So, now it is a wait and see.
smr1957

Post by smr1957 »

Today was actually a pretty relaxing and calm day (once all the emails were sent off!). A nice little break - I could almost make a habit of this - well no, not really - LOL! And now to continue relaxing. Tomorrow, though, I really need to get some writing done - Etienne and Hador can't spend all their time partying in the tavern where I left them!

I would say that now I should read something - but then, I have nothing to read. Now THAT'S something I never ever thought I would ever say in this life, as I had a 5,000 volume library (and was constantly adding to it), and enough books I had not yet read to keep me busy reading for the rest of my life - or so I thought. But, now, I have none at all.
Selene310187
Site Admin

Post by Selene310187 »

Inspired by Steven's (smr1957) short stories in the Seating area, I wrote a thread in an unusual way, gave it a "role playing" style.

Now you can finally write about your recent adventures in Skyrim in a dedicated thread and illustrate them with screenshots there:

The Story Collector

Edit: I added the recommended BBCodes section at the end of the first of the Story Collector thread

smr1957 wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 1:52 amI would say that now I should read something - but then, I have nothing to read. Now THAT'S something I never ever thought I would ever say in this life, as I had a 5,000 volume library (and was constantly adding to it), and enough books I had not yet read to keep me busy reading for the rest of my life - or so I thought. But, now, I have none at all.
5,000 volumes and you've read them all :sn-24:? That's incredible! I don't know if my life will be long enough that I even come near this number as I didn't read much in the recent years. Time will tell.
These users thanked the author Selene310187 for the post:
smr1957
smr1957

Post by smr1957 »

No, I hadn't read them all - I just no longer have any books at all - or anything else I ever owned before March '19, at all, for that matter.
Selene310187
Site Admin

Post by Selene310187 »

smr1957 wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:25 pm No, I hadn't read them all - I just no longer have any books at all - or anything else I ever owned, at all, for that matter.
Sorry, I misread, my bad.
That is very unfortunate that you lost your possessions.

If I can help you in some way or other, please don't hesitate to ask. As I said on Steam, you will always get a friendly ear for sure.
smr1957

Post by smr1957 »

Just started a new topic in the seating area for some of my miscellaneous stories not connected with gaming - but which I hope people will find interesting and amusing: Miscellaneous Tales and Stories - viewtopic.php?t=98

The first story, Alexander the Great and the Gordian Knot may be found here:
viewtopic.php?p=717#p717

I will be posting a new story every (well, maybe not every - LOL!) Wednesday. All (for the most part) are pretty short, and can be read very quickly.

Hope you all enjoy them! :sn-2:
smr1957

Post by smr1957 »

Good day, all! Been up most of the night watching movies (well, part of it was trying to find a movie to watch - LOL!), and am now about to check Steam before hitting the sack. I did manage to get some writing done on my book yesterday, just about finishing the first chapter and ready to move on to the second - which is already taking shape in my head. So, off to Steam, and then off to sleep!
smr1957

Post by smr1957 »

Good afternoon and evening! Hope everyone's day is moving along nicely with no snags or problems - at least none that can't be easily solved!

Selene, the pics in your story are not visible - that probably falls under the easily solved category.

Well, Steam/VALVE apparently don't want to do anything with the Oldrim forum, and really, upon consideration of the fat that the Oldrim forum get only maybe 2 or 3 posts the entire day, it is probably a waste of my time to push any further to get a topic pinned - especially one about posting in a forum that has almost no new posts at all. Pretty much, If I make a post in the "Are You in the Right Forum" thread that I wanted pinned, the thread stays at the top all day - and even the next. So not going to bother trying to get it pinned any longer - though it would be useful. :sn-25:
These users thanked the author smr1957 for the post:
Selene310187

Return to “Seating Area”