Regulars' Table

Take a seat, lean back and talk about anything that comes to mind here - as long as it stays civil.
Altbert

Re: Regulars' Table

Post by Altbert »

smr1957 wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 6:31 pm Not in my nature to do so - most require at least one response to set the record straight - lest some other person unwittingly sees it and follows the wrong advice.

We all have different philosophies about helping, and Vlad and I are at one end of the scale, with others at the opposite end - and a whole bunch somewhere in the middle - just like any facet of human nature.
I admire your dedication, as I also said so before, but sometimes we're fighting a loosing battle. It's like trying to kill Alduin on the Throat of the World, where you just can't kill that dragon. I may also sometimes make just one response, but most of the time it may be just a one-liner, a cynical one, if I can.
Bis vincit, qui se vincit in victoria - He conquers twice who conquers himself in victory (Publius Syrus)
smr1957

Post by smr1957 »

LOL! I was just going to post how quiet it was in here - and then your post popped up, Albert! Perfect timing! :D
Selene310187
Site Admin

Post by Selene310187 »

My friend and I had a very nice evening. We watched the third episode of the 4th season of Westworld and ate our (late) dinner while doing this. The season gets better and better from episode to episode. A well-made mind-boggling series. It's in my list of all-time favorite series besides Doctor Who, Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Sword Art Online.

I need to get up early so I'm going to bed now. Tomorrow is a busy day. I will have more time later in the evening visiting the forum and doing the things I have planned (the update is only one part on the to-do list).
smr1957

Post by smr1957 »

Glad you had a really enjoyable evening, Selene! Have a good night!
smr1957

Post by smr1957 »

Good day, all! The coffee is working its magic now (well, I hope it is - but even if it ain't, it still tastes good :sn-2:)I was just looking over Nexus to see what's there - The Lion Knight Armor by Newmiller caught my eye, so downloaded it to add to my game's wardrobe - it might make a good ceremonial wear uniform for my female houscarls. Next, to take a look at Avrie's review and see what he has to say this morning.
Selene310187
Site Admin

Post by Selene310187 »

Yesterday, I believed today is a busy day. Well, things never turn out the way you expect :sn-31:. Shortly after I started my working day, I got the message that my art therapy group got cancelled today due to illness :sn-9:. So I have more time for the forum at hand now.

And the first thing on my to-do list is ticked off: updating the forum software to the new version :sn-2:.

Other things on my to-do list:
- fixing Gallery link/icon for guests and on mobile devices (check)
- fixing open link in new tabs (check)
- making thanks of thanked posts visible to guests (check)
- implementing beverage and food emojis (check)

Edit:
Great, I remember ( :mrgreen: ) one thing that is missing on the list, namely the thread about the forum's tagging system (check).
Last edited by Selene310187 on Mon Dec 05, 2022 2:26 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: I've completed my current to-do list
These users thanked the author Selene310187 for the post (total 2):
smr1957, Altbert
smr1957

Post by smr1957 »

Good day, all! Hope everyone's day is going well so far!

I'm gearing up to do a reset of my build, but I think I'll get some more playtime out of it first, and then begin the task maybe in a few days. For now, I may just arrange the mods I wish to add in two (possibly three) groups for merging. Advance planning is a necessity for these things. Well, time to check the Steam forums!
Selene310187
Site Admin

Post by Selene310187 »

I finally managed to watch a movie, no, two movies in fact. The first one was Spiderwick Chronicles (thanks for the suggestion, Altbert :sn-2:; I had fun watching it) and the second one was Cloud Atlas, a thought-provoking movie that I watched some years ago but (again :sn-12:) forgot most of it (yeah, my bad memory, I know :D).

Nice, my sushi arrived :sn-13:
These users thanked the author Selene310187 for the post:
Altbert
Avrie

Post by Avrie »

Selene310187 wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 3:45 pm Nice, my sushi arrived :sn-13:
The one other "thing" I miss moving to the desert SW from the NE is good sushi/sashimi I have to drive hours for good sushi. :sn-29:

It's amazing the things we miss when we move. For me it's good internet and fresh sushi LOL
smr1957

Post by smr1957 »

Good day, all! Just having some tea before heading over to the Steam forums.
Etienne got his Christmas - er, Saturalia - outfit yesterday:
Okay!  No one better say a word!.jpg
HO, HO, HO!
These users thanked the author smr1957 for the post:
Selene310187

Return to “Seating Area”