Regulars' Table

Take a seat, lean back and talk about anything that comes to mind here - as long as it stays civil.
Selene310187
Site Admin

Re: Regulars' Table

Post by Selene310187 »

I really enjoyed my art therapy group after this long break (the art therapist became ill and then she went on holiday afterwards). At the moment, I'm making a pencil drawing of a lynx from a photo and the pencil is water-soluble.

Just now i was looking for new smileys for the forum and found these. I chose the vector graphic version so I can downscale them without quality loss. But I need to cut each of the smileys out of the image. It's a good practice to improve my skills in Inkscape though as I only recently started to work with this program.

Vlad 254 wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 1:25 amJust had that done recently and speaking of starting your day early tomorrow morning I go in for Radiofrequency ablation on my neck. Basically it's a procedure that uses heat from high-energy electromagnetic waves to destroy nerves that carry pain impulses. Hurts like heck but until the nerve grows back it provides major relief. Makes sitting at the pc modding SSE so much more enjoyable :D
My neck pain is not that grave but still annoying. I always sit too long in front of my computer and often in poor posture.
smr1957

Post by smr1957 »

Those emojis look good, Selene. And really glad you enjoyed your art therapy group!
These users thanked the author smr1957 for the post:
Selene310187
Altbert

Post by Altbert »

A long day of "paper" work has finished and I can soon start on a new mod in the CK: Shalidor's Heritage. If the last test results for the Floating Island of Legend don't come in soon, I will start working out the new mod in the CK.

It'a all about a powerful illusion spell Arch-Mage Shalidor created in the first era. The spell comes at a considerable cost. Shalidor overrated himself and as a result he lost his magicka and magicka regeneration for a long time. After regaining his magicka and magicka regeneration, he decided to maximize the use of the spell and create a spell tome, only one, and hid the tome. Shalidor choose seven of the most skilled elemental mages and provided each with part of his instructions to find the location of the tome. Each of the mages would have to pass the instructions on to their most skilled apprentices, and each of them had to adapt the instructions to time and place in the forthcoming eras.

Ah ... shoot! A little more "paper" work to do! Forgot about encoding the instructions, to not let a single instruction lead to the hiding place! See if can make an anagram for the encoding. "Tomorrow is another day". Goodnight all!
These users thanked the author Altbert for the post (total 2):
Flik, smr1957
Bis vincit, qui se vincit in victoria - He conquers twice who conquers himself in victory (Publius Syrus)
smr1957

Post by smr1957 »

So, I switched back to Skyrim SE after playing FO4 for a couple of months, and it was quite the shock. Etienne (my eternal player character and protagonist in my Etienne and Hador adventure stories) made the leap from the wastes of the Commonwealth to the frozen north of Solstheim. I don't know about Etienne, but I nearly sprained my brain in the transition! :sn-3:

Went from this: :sn-18:
OOOOOH!.jpg
to this: :sn-24:
What... Last I remember I was in a blasted land, and there was a bright flash....jpg
Well, changing planes is never easy! :lol:
Selene310187
Site Admin

Post by Selene310187 »

Today, I removed the white border from attached images and light boxes. Curiously enough, attached images didn't have this white border on the test forum installation on my local machine. I got rid of it with the help of the developer tools of the browser and a good portion of trial and error.

Question: How do we integrate users who have problems with writing in English/understanding English?
A user on another forum told me that he thought of joining our forum but the language barrier could be a problem. I suggested he could summarize his comment and translate it with DeepL so that everyone understands the gist of it. Then he can write the detailed version in his language below (it's German btw). What do you think about it?
These users thanked the author Selene310187 for the post:
smr1957
Altbert

Post by Altbert »

Selene310187 wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 9:42 pm Question: How do we integrate users who have problems with writing in English/understanding English?
A user on another forum told me that he thought of joining our forum but the language barrier could be a problem. I suggested he could summarize his comment and translate it with DeepL so that everyone understands the gist of it. Then he can write the detailed version in his language below (it's German btw). What do you think about it?
Most of the online translation tools don't have problems translating languages like German and French into English, but there may always be some flows. It's a good idea to have users add the original language below the English translation, as proberbs and sayings may be a problem and may be translated literally.
These users thanked the author Altbert for the post:
Ivanhoe1955SI
Bis vincit, qui se vincit in victoria - He conquers twice who conquers himself in victory (Publius Syrus)
smr1957

Post by smr1957 »

I'm keeping an eye on the Atlantic. After a close call with Hurricane Ian in the end of September, there is now Tropical Storm Nicole which is expected to gain hurricane status late Wednesday before hitting Florida in the very early hours of Thursday morning. As of now, the center of the track is directly though where I live (northeast shore of Lake Okeechobee). Hopefully, once it comes ashore, it will weaken back to tropical storm level again before it reaches my area, and, even more hopefully, maybe the path will shift some over the next 48 hours - but I ain't holding my breath.
Selene310187
Site Admin

Post by Selene310187 »

Let's hope the best.
These users thanked the author Selene310187 for the post:
smr1957
smr1957

Post by smr1957 »

Still keeping watch on Nicole - National Weather service show where I am as being just a little south of the center of the probability track for the storm, while Accuweather tracker show me on the southern edge of the probability track - I'm hoping that the Accuweather track is more accurate - it often is. Expected sustained winds of 55 mph (88.5 kph) and gusts to 80 mph (128.75 kph). Winds starting to hit around 8 in the morning here, and peak between 11 PM and 9 AM Thursday (maximum strength around 4 AM). May lose power for a bit, but will let you all know how things are when I can.
Selene310187
Site Admin

Post by Selene310187 »

I made edits to the recent topics section. It looked too cramped before in my opinion. So now are 10 topics shown per page instead of 5. Additionally, I removed some whitespace above the pagination.

Return to “Seating Area”