Regulars' Table

Take a seat, lean back and talk about anything that comes to mind here - as long as it stays civil.
smr1957

Re: Regulars' Table

Post by smr1957 »

There are some days where there is just not enough coffee - and I'm having one of them - LOL! :sn-33:
Altbert

Post by Altbert »

smr1957 wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:47 pm There are some days where there is just not enough coffee - and I'm having one of them - LOL! :sn-33:
Just try to have enough coffee, either beans or grounded, in your storage. Every once in a while I go to the wholesale to get myself enough coffee. Most of the time 6 or 12 kg at a time.
Bis vincit, qui se vincit in victoria - He conquers twice who conquers himself in victory (Publius Syrus)
smr1957

Post by smr1957 »

LOL! I could have had a truckload and it would not have been enough for today!

Because, unfortunately (as was my case today), no matter how much coffee there may be, it doesn't cure stupid. :oops:
Selene310187
Site Admin

Post by Selene310187 »

If wish I could drink coffee like you do. My stomach says otherwise (heartburn). If I put a lot of milk into it, then it "might" work from time to time. So I drink caffeinated cacao instead. I tried energy drinks but they often have the adverse effect on my system :sn-31:
Avrie

Post by Avrie »

Selene310187 wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 10:11 pm I mostly work on my projects in the late night hours when it's (mostly) silent (if the neighbors aren't arguing or don't turn the volume of their TV or music up :sn-9:). In case that the neighbors become too loud (I have a noise sensitivity), I play a noise masking video in the background like this one. Other means of choice are ear plugs and earmuffs.
I programed filtered psycho-acoustic masking systems for Verex Communications right after I got out of the navy. They can be amazingly effective. We installed them in call centers where you had open seating layouts (cubicles) with a bunch of people all taking on the phones next to each other. Once it was dialed in to the room you really couldn't hear the person next to you talking. I remember doing the IBM call center in Oswego NY which had close to 300 people on one floor. On the phone you'd swear they all had their own offices. Using a real time analyzer to tailor the white noise to the room is a little beyond what you can do at home, but the masking tapes should help a lot.

I tend to just have my google assistant play a "thunder storm" in the back ground these days ;-)
smr1957

Post by smr1957 »

Etienne was annoyed that I didn't upload a proper pic for the avatar - he said he was tired of seeing my face on everything, and the least I could do was that when a new opportunity to post a pic came up, I could at least use his pic - so, I changed my avatar and he is happy now. :sn-3:
smr1957

Post by smr1957 »

Okay, I've seen this a number of times, and it makes me wonder:
WTF.jpg
WTF.jpg (8.05 KiB) Viewed 1833 times
And I saw it once with Bing [Bot]
Last edited by smr1957 on Sun Nov 13, 2022 10:19 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Altbert

Post by Altbert »

That's Etienne, for sure!
Bis vincit, qui se vincit in victoria - He conquers twice who conquers himself in victory (Publius Syrus)
smr1957

Post by smr1957 »

Altbert wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 10:14 pm That's Etienne, for sure!
When I was looking through my pics, I realized that I did not have any real portraits of him - I have plenty for Jenassa and Chaconne and some of my other followers, but none of myself. I'll need to fix that - but the person holding the camera is often the last one to be in any pics - LOL!
Selene310187
Site Admin

Post by Selene310187 »

smr1957 wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 10:13 pm Okay, I've seen this a number of times, and it makes me wonder:
WTF.jpg

And I saw it once with Bing [Bot]
The forum software comes with "profiles" for all kind of bots which crawl the forum to add the content of the forum to search engines. I already blocked their access to the specific neurodivergent forums as they contain sensitive information.
These users thanked the author Selene310187 for the post (total 2):
smr1957, Altbert

Return to “Seating Area”