Regulars' Table

Take a seat, lean back and talk about anything that comes to mind here - as long as it stays civil.
smr1957

Re: Regulars' Table

Post by smr1957 »

Good morning, all! Nicole passed to the north and was basically unnoticeable where I am.

Now, the BIG news!

My pinned topic Helpful Links and References in Steam's SSE forum has been overhauled and a new guide based version posted:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/489830/d ... 997628701/

Now maybe people will actually use it - LOL! :lol:

EDIT - I did not get to adding a sub-section of websites for Skyrim modding - that will have to wait for just a little while; I really just wanted to get the new version up and running - I was so tired and fed up with the old one!
These users thanked the author smr1957 for the post:
Selene310187
Selene310187
Site Admin

Post by Selene310187 »

It's good to hear that you have weathered it well.

Congrats to your accomplishments :sn-2:.
These users thanked the author Selene310187 for the post:
smr1957
smr1957

Post by smr1957 »

Selene310187 wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 8:27 pm It's good to hear that you have weathered it well.

Congrats to your accomplishments :sn-2:.
Thanks, Selene!
The worst part of these storms is often not the actual storm itself, it is all the anxiety that the constant warnings so far in advance foster - before anyone actually knows where they are going to go. I remember one storm some years ago showed the projected path going up the east coast of Florida (this was the 5 and 4 day projections) so a lot of people went over to the west coast of Florida to get away from it. And where did the storm end up? Yeah, you guessed it, going up the west coast of Florida where all those people had evacuated to! As far as I am concerned, there should be no warnings issued before 48 hours ahead - that's plenty of time to prepare or leave if needed - and avoids the anxiety producing "chicken little" alerts based on insufficient information.

As for Helpful Links, now I have to think about doing the same for its Oldrim counterpart. Fortunately, the need is not as pressing in that forum, as there is far less activity there.
smr1957

Post by smr1957 »

I saw you at the Coffee House over in the Steam SSE forum, Selene - good to see you there! I awoke very late - gee, must be my busy and exciting night life schedule - NOT! LOL! Though there once was a time where the only time I saw the sun was on my drive to the bar in the late afternoon (unless I happened to catch it on my drive home from the bar). Night owl and vampire didn't even begin to describe way back then! Now it's just Etienne, my game character, that runs around doing anything exciting.
Last edited by smr1957 on Sat Nov 12, 2022 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Selene310187
Site Admin

Post by Selene310187 »

I wonder how many of our users are night owls. If you want to know, yes, I consider myself as one :D.
Altbert

Post by Altbert »

I think I may consider myself a night owl. Most of the time I will go to bed between 1.30 and 3.00am, waking up in the morning most of the time between 9.30 and 11.00am, but occassionally even after 12.00am. Considering it kind of a privelege since my retirement 6 years ago. Startup with the newspaper, coffee and a self-rolled cigarette with heavy tobacco. When I'm done with the newspaper I will always try to solve a few puzzles (sudoku and tectonic) and on Saturday a binary puzzle. Then it's often time for another mug of coffee.
Bis vincit, qui se vincit in victoria - He conquers twice who conquers himself in victory (Publius Syrus)
Vlad 254

Post by Vlad 254 »

Always been a bit of a nite owl but I'm ambidextrous when it comes to that. I have always enjoyed being an early riser as well but the problem is the nite owl in me won't let me go to sleep early enough often enough. :sn-1:

btw, @selene - was great to see you stop by the Inn earlier today. Cheers 8-)
Great acts are made up of small deeds ~Lao Tzu
Selene310187
Site Admin

Post by Selene310187 »

I mostly work on my projects in the late night hours when it's (mostly) silent (if the neighbors aren't arguing or don't turn the volume of their TV or music up :sn-9:). In case that the neighbors become too loud (I have a noise sensitivity), I play a noise masking video in the background like this one. Other means of choice are ear plugs and earmuffs.
Avrie

Post by Avrie »

"Sleep is for the weak" LOL

I trade stocks and derivatives on the NYSE, and commodities out of Chicago, so even though I share a time zone with the west cost half the year, and the mountains, the other half (AZ doesn't do daylight savings time) I tend to get up around 3AM so i can stay current with the Asian market's, the hand off to Europe, and finally the opening bell in NYC. Then I get ready to go to work. :sn-36: I usually go to bed around 8PM my time.

I sneak in my morning Nexus reviews over coffee between 3 and 4 when I update my thread for the day.

I guess it fits me seeing as cats tend to hunt at night :sn-37:
SpeedFreak1972

Post by SpeedFreak1972 »

Not a night owl myself ... at least not anymore I noticed I'm not 20 anymore where a night long gaming was a regular occurrence :sn-1:

Return to “Seating Area”