Regulars' Table

Take a seat, lean back and talk about anything that comes to mind here - as long as it stays civil.
smr1957

Re: Regulars' Table

Post by smr1957 »

Selene310187 wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 10:25 pm
smr1957 wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 10:13 pm Okay, I've seen this a number of times, and it makes me wonder:
WTF.jpg

And I saw it once with Bing [Bot]
The forum software comes with "profiles" for all kind of bots which crawl the forum to add the content of the forum to search engines. I already blocked their access to the specific neurodivergent forums as they contain sensitive information.
Ah, thanks for the explanation!
Altbert

Post by Altbert »

I have also seen this a couple of times but then with "Bing [bot]" and wondered what it ment.

But there is a solution to prevent this. At the other hand it may also be an aid to get the forum better known, but I haven't seen the forum coming up in the various pages of a search engine. This can be blocked in the header of the HTML page or combined with the HTTP request/response.

In the HTML page a meta tag can be included in the <head> section like this:
<meta name="robots" content="noindex, nofollow, noarchive" />
or just
<meta name="robots" content="none" />

I've seen Selene's explanation, but maybe it can be of help for others owning their own website. I use this meta tag when the website uses a database (MySQL(i) or MariaDB).
Bis vincit, qui se vincit in victoria - He conquers twice who conquers himself in victory (Publius Syrus)
Selene310187
Site Admin

Post by Selene310187 »

Regarding Google, some pages of the forum are indexed and I would like that more are pages are indexed. I already added the site as a new property to Google's Search Console. Furthermore, I created a robots.txt to tell the crawler what pages it shouldn't index (like privacy policy). You can find out what pages are indexed by typing this into Google's search field (works with Yahoo as well):

Code: Select all

site:modding-on-the-spectrum.com
smr1957

Post by smr1957 »

Good day, all! Just finished going through the SSE and Oldrim forums on Steam, and checking AFK Mods - it seems there are STILL some people who just don't get it with updates, and I posted accordingly - and in a blunter way than usual - LOL! Ah well, what can you do? The bottom line is, it is still their game to play and/or break as they wish. And if they don't want to heed the advice and warnings of those with thousands upon thousands of hours of experience - then it is on them - it is, after all, their game. (Though why bother asking for help in the first place if you are just going to ignore it and argue about it when it is given?)
Altbert

Post by Altbert »

When I see ranting in the post or cursing (those small hearts) I just skip it. I don't want to be insulted by someone who is unwilling to accept advice, that is not up their alley (is that a proper saying?).
Last edited by Altbert on Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bis vincit, qui se vincit in victoria - He conquers twice who conquers himself in victory (Publius Syrus)
Vlad 254

Post by Vlad 254 »

smr1957 wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:15 pm (Though why bother asking for help in the first place if you are just going to ignore it and argue about it when it is given?)
The $64,000 question.
Great acts are made up of small deeds ~Lao Tzu
smr1957

Post by smr1957 »

Vlad 254 wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:59 pm
smr1957 wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:15 pm (Though why bother asking for help in the first place if you are just going to ignore it and argue about it when it is given?)
The $64,000 question.
I wish we got $64,000 each time! :sn-3:
smr1957

Post by smr1957 »

Well, here it is, the sun is down and I am up - LOL! I finally did some playing in SSE last night - At the Summit of the Apocrypha, and left off just after getting the fourth book (not the Black Books, the other ones you get) but before translating to the next part (I've done Dragonborn before, so I know what to expect). Now, the question is, do I feel like playing some more? I didn't last night but ended up just saying "aww, what the heck!" (well, not quite those words! :sn-4:) and launching the game - and if it was an area of the world I enjoyed more, probably would have played longer. Well, now it is decision time again - do I just start the game and finish up Dragonorn so that I can go on to do other things? Or look for something on TV (not that there is anything there - though I did see a good flic last night - a Korean Film - A Taxi Driver - excellent movie! Ah well, decisions, decisions :sn-12:
smr1957

Post by smr1957 »

Good day, all! Just about 1 AM and I am wide awake!

I just added Modding on the Spectrum to my pinned topic HelpfulLinks and References, Section 6, Miscellanous:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 2882875079

Hopefully, that will give this site a bit of a boost and a little more exposure
These users thanked the author smr1957 for the post (total 2):
Selene310187, Vlad 254
Vlad 254

Post by Vlad 254 »

smr1957 wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 5:57 am I just added Modding on the Spectrum to my pinned topic HelpfulLinks and References, Section 6, Miscellanous:
Reminds me. After seeing Selene's banner logo I saved it to my Guide folder so I could add a link to my modding guide.

Done: Added to the Links section in "The Basics: Modding Skyrim SE Properly in 2022"
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 2820697176
These users thanked the author Vlad 254 for the post (total 3):
smr1957, Selene310187, Altbert
Great acts are made up of small deeds ~Lao Tzu

Return to “Seating Area”