Shalidor's Legacy - The Yellow Books (WIP)

Releases, works in progress, help, reviews, ideas, tutorials
Altbert

Shalidor's Legacy - The Yellow Books (WIP)

Post by Altbert »

Visit Shalidor's Maze in Labyrinthian and traverse the maze. Exiting the maze at the other end, you may notice a first Yellow Book on a pedestal. Do not go around the maze on either side, as then the Yellow Book will not appear. Activate the Yellow Book and you will be teleported to the Hall of Choices.

The Hall of Choices is a small Ayleid Hall where you will find three other Yellow Books, which will teleport you to
  • Shalidor's Realm of Fire;
  • Shalidor's Realm of Frost, or
  • Shalidor's Realm of Shock.
In each of these realms you will encounter enemies and hazards, related to the theme of the realm. When you succesfully beaten each of those three realms, you will find a new Yellow Book, which will teleport you to
  • Shalidor's Realm of Alteration, and
  • Shalidor's Realm of Illusion, respectively.
Beware, enemies and hazards are not always in plain sight. Enemies level up with the player infinitely, but always a few levels below the player's level, varying from 5 to 10 levels. The Realm of Alteration and the Realm of Illusion do not contain enemies or hazards, but are supposed to distract you, set you on the wrong foot, or whatever I may come up with. Whatever seems to be an enemy, isn't an enemy, but may help you, or maybe they don't.

Once you have beaten all five realms, you will find a Yellow Book, which will teleport you to
  • Shalidor's Realm of Victory
where you will find your reward, a couple of spell tomes to teach you some of Shalidor's powerfull spells, a scroll to take you back to Tamriel, and some valuable items.

It may still take a while before I can publish a first release, but then I have several years before TES6 will be released, and so I will take my time.
Bis vincit, qui se vincit in victoria - He conquers twice who conquers himself in victory (Publius Syrus)
Altbert

Re: Shalidor's Legacy - The Yellow Books (WIP)

Post by Altbert »

I have changed the enemy levels to 95% of the players level with a minimum of 20 and a maximum of 240, which makes the minimum required level of the player 21 or 22.

Shalidor's Maze in Labyrinthian, the Hall of Choices and the Realm of Fire are nearly finished, although I'm considering a change in architecture for the Realm of Fire.
Bis vincit, qui se vincit in victoria - He conquers twice who conquers himself in victory (Publius Syrus)
Altbert

Post by Altbert »

I have been working on "Shalidor's Legacy" and added "The Hall of Illusion" with a real but invisible maze/labyrinth. I have to create some distractions in the hall. Sure, it looks completely empty, but there is a maze/labyrinth in there. See my latest image.
Altbert

Post by Altbert »

This last week I have skipped my ideas about Shalidor's Legacy and started anew! Sitting on the couch, feeling miserable from flu and cold, I started designing a new Shalidor's Legacy with just pen and paper. Started a bit with the new CK (what a terrible mess!) with an abandoned house on the island near Ivarstead, the one with Geirmund's Hall. Once you have fully explored the house you may see a strange passage appear leading to Shalidor's Maze, not a straight one-way parkour, but a complex series of rooms and portals. Once you have found the exit of the maze, a set of trials will start. No enemies, but traps and puzzles. Some notes that may help you or just put you on the wrong foot!

I have no idea about the puzzles and traps yet, but at least nothing like we have seen in Skyrim. They need to be more difficult to solve. And ... I have to think about the final reward. Nothing solid yet, but at least no treasure, OP weapons or the like. I was thinking of sort of a player home and "museum", but certainly nothing like Elianor's Vault or Legacy of the Dragonborn. I hate it when MA's decide where I have to display the goodies, when I want to decide it myself. I still have time to decide!
Altbert

Post by Altbert »

Bad weather here! Dark, heavy rain. So, a nice day to work on Shalidor's Legacy again.

Shalidor's Portal Maze designed and implemented. Now I need to decorate the various rooms, place triggers and useless/useful objects, and navmesh. I'm thinking about a puzzlebook. When a puzzle has been solved, it could be a bit easier to visit all 15 rooms, but not too much easier. Maybe some (simple) math to calculate which portal you need to use to get into another room. I also want to prevent cheats by using TCL and force the player to use the portals.

Next part will be Shalidor's Trials. No enemies, but several traps which have to be circumvented and where timing is crucial. Also maybe some puzzles.

Well a lot of thinking to do!