Hello!

Your hobbies, interests, favorite games, ...
Flik

Hello!

Post by Flik »

Hi! I'm Flik aka Sturtheim Reinbach III(totally my real name, honest!) ;)

I saw smr1957's post about this new site on the Steam SSE board. So I'd figured I'd join up and show my support.

Some of my favorite games are Suikoden II, Quake, Oblivion, Skyrim, Castlevania SotN, Grandia II, Dark Souls II, Call of Duty MW2, and Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines, plus many more.

I've made a few personal mods for various games over the years, including a few for the TES/Fallout games. Nothing amazing and I'm the n00b3st n00b ever to open Blender or the Creation Kit, haha.

I also have a love / hate relationship with both Game of Thrones(love the books but didn't even bother to watch the final season of the show) and the Walking Dead(gave up on it after season 7 or 8).

Not much else to say! :D
These users thanked the author Flik for the post (total 2):
smr1957, Selene310187
smr1957

Re: Hello!

Post by smr1957 »

Welcome to the Spectrum, Flik! Good to have you! :)
These users thanked the author smr1957 for the post:
Flik
Selene310187
Site Admin

Post by Selene310187 »

I'll second that! Have a nice stay here. :)

I played Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines many years ago and I loved it. I'm excited about the sequel and hope that we don't have to wait that long.

I've made a few personal mods for various games over the years, including a few for the TES/Fallout games.
Tell me about it. I'm all ears.

Nothing amazing and I'm the n00b3st n00b ever to open Blender or the Creation Kit, haha.
There's no need to belittle yourself. Everyone has to start somewhere.

Especially Blender was a nightmare for me at the beginning due to the confusing interface. Taking baby steps I learned to navigate in Blender and create stuff. The Wikibook "Blender 3D: Noob to Pro" helped me a lot back then.

Regarding the Creation Kit, I recommend Darkfox127's Creation Kit videos.
These users thanked the author Selene310187 for the post:
Flik
smr1957

Post by smr1957 »

Selene310187 wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:02 pm - snip -
Regarding the Creation Kit, I recommend Darkfox127's Creation Kit videos.
Absolutely! I'll second that. Darkfox's video tutorials for the CK are the best.
Flik

Post by Flik »

@Selene310187 and smr1957

Thanks for the greets!

Selene310187 wrote:
> I played Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines many years ago and I loved it.
> I'm excited about the
> [url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vampire:_ ... oodlines_2]sequel[/url]
> and hope that we don't have to wait that long.

I am too, but at the same time I know whenever it comes out, I probably won't be able to play it on my current PC. My best gfx card is a gtx1650 4gb and I'm probably not going to be upgrading for some time. For reference, I can run CyberPunk 2077 at or near 60fps on a mix of low and medium settings but it sounds like my gpu fan is about to fly apart, so I don't even bother playing it.

Same thing with the Resident Evil 2/3 remakes -- fps is stable on low/medium settings but I don't like the way my PC sounds. I tried 'downgrading' Resi 3 back to the DX11 version as a test as I kept reading the DX11 version would run better on low-end cards, but I think that version runs worse, lol. I just had to force myself to stop buying current gen games, haha.

I dunno, maybe I'm too cautious but I don't like to play games that push my hardware like that. :mrgreen:

> [quote]I've made a few personal mods for various games over the years,
> including a few for the TES/Fallout games.[/quote]
> Tell me about it. I'm all ears.

Just simple followers, house mods, personal changes to existing mods, etc. I've been wanting to make a larger mod for a TES/Fallout game for a long time now but every time I start working on a project, I can never finish it. That's part of the reason why I joined up. I thought if I joined a modding forum maybe I could find some motivation.

Also, my main problem with Blender is I just need to sit down and learn it properly, haha. I've done half of the donut tutorial before, but I need to redo it and finish it! There is the new one now(well, nearly a year old >.<):
https://youtu.be/nIoXOplUvAw

And, yes DarkFox's tutorials are great. I already have a bunch downloaded for convenience. :D
Selene310187
Site Admin

Post by Selene310187 »

I am too, but at the same time I know whenever it comes out, I probably won't be able to play it on my current PC. My best gfx card is a gtx1650 4gb and I'm probably not going to be upgrading for some time. For reference, I can run CyberPunk 2077 at or near 60fps on a mix of low and medium settings but it sounds like my gpu fan is about to fly apart, so I don't even bother playing it.
I asked myself the question if I should upgrade my PC when I played Fallout 4 on my previous PC which I bought in 2010. As soon as I entered certain areas, the game was running like a slide show so that I had to reduce the graphics even more. I endured it about one month. I finally wanted to see the game in its full splendor. So I bought a new PC in June 2019.

I've been wanting to make a larger mod for a TES/Fallout game for a long time now but every time I start working on a project, I can never finish it.
I can relate to that as I accumulated a lot of unfinished stuff in the course of years. My brain just can't stop producing new shiny ideas for possible projects. I believe it has something to do with my ADD. But my projects can also get stuck when I ran out of motivation/energy or I can't enjoy playing the game anymore. As soon as this happens, I need to do something else like playing other games or start other projects which are more feasible. I recently experienced this with Fallout 4 when it got dull after I finished most interesting quest mods. Starting a second playthrough didn't help to get rid of this feeling. Someday, when I have enough distance from it, I will get back to it and maybe finish remaining Fallout 4 mod projects.

The next thing on my to-do list is finishing my Skyrim mod project with the working title "Better Untold Legends Rewards". I published "Spectral Music Player" as a partial release. Then I had the idea to build up this forum and the mod project went on hold.

I have one big mod on the back burner, Abyss Demon, a demonic race and quest mod for Oblivion, which I began in 2009; the last time I worked on this was in 2020 (I did a lot of breaks that sometimes lasted several months up to one year).

Return to “Introduce Yourself”