Your thoughts on Starfield

Selene310187
Site Admin

Your thoughts on Starfield

Post by Selene310187 »

If you buy the game, what are you most hoping to see and how much do you intend to play it?
Or do you not buy it at all?

Please let us know what do you think about the game.

Trailer
Starfield gameplay trailer:
A video from YouTube usually appears here. Please contact an administrator.
Starfield launch trailer:

Well, I'm looking forward to the Creation Kit for Starfield :D. When I started to play Fallout 4, it didn't take long to tinker with its Creation Kit. I began playing Fallout 4 in 2019, 4 years after the release. I hope it doesn't take that long until I start my first Starfield playthrough. The difference is that I now have a computer that can handle a game at the release. But I think I won't buy Starfield right away. I rarely buy games at release because I usually wait until the major bugs are fixed. And I have some mod projects for Skyrim on the plate.

Starfield will be my first space game and don't know if I will like it, however I'm curious enough to find it out.
Last edited by Selene310187 on Tue Aug 29, 2023 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tags:
Selene310187
Site Admin

Re: Now that the release of Starfield is just about a week away...

Post by Selene310187 »

I created a Starfield/Modding on the Spectrum collage just for fun using the official material by Bethesda and the Spectrum's logo
Modding on the Spectrum - Starfield.jpg

Re: Now that the release of Starfield is just about a week away...

Post by guest »

congrats on the new picture :)
Avrie

Re: Starfield comes to the Spectrum

Post by Avrie »

This isn't a 'formal thing' yet, but I'm already starting to do reviews for Starfield mods... we're getting over 100 a day and the tools aren't even out yet. I'm still mulling it over, there's only so many hours in a day and I'm still reviewing Skyrim mods. Right now I'm considering a "best of the best" weekly review But the lists may get very long doing this weekly. I'd be interested in everyone's thoughts. I really don't want to turn this into a career.

Well if I spring for a streamdeck rig i could do live reviews like MXR used to do... a thought
Selene310187
Site Admin

Post by Selene310187 »

Avrie wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 12:58 pmRight now I'm considering a "best of the best" weekly review But the lists may get very long doing this weekly. I'd be interested in everyone's thoughts. I really don't want to turn this into a career.
I think the "best of the best" is a very good idea. With the sheer number of mods every day, it's easy to lose track.

Avrie wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 12:58 pmwe're getting over 100 a day and the tools aren't even out yet.

There's the Starfield Script Extender, a Starfield Plugin for Mod Organizer 2 and you can actually open the Starfield ESM with xEdit. These are not my own findings by the way. Credit goes to Ypselon, a member of the German "Elder Scrolls Portal". Here's the post in question

Avrie wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 12:58 pmWell if I spring for a streamdeck rig i could do live reviews like MXR used to do... a thought
Cool, why not :sn-2:

Avrie wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 12:58 pmI'm still mulling it over, there's only so many hours in a day and I'm still reviewing Skyrim mods.
It's a matter of priority. I'm not saying I'm good at prioritizing myself :sn-11:. I've been spending my time trying to figure out whether I delay my recent Skyrim mod project for some time to play Starfield - I haven't bought the game yet. Don't even get me started on the new Skyrim playthrough I began recently...

I've heard good and bad things about Starfield (read/viewed some reviews and postings in different forums and on YouTube) and I'm a bit torn. Is it worth this high price tag? Or should I wait to buy the game, for example when it's on sale?
Avrie

Post by Avrie »

The game is really good, and completely involving. The dialogs and NPC interactions are some of the best BGS has ever come up with. There are a few hiccups with the UI and an almost automatic reliance on fast travel, but we're all now just learning the mechanics. Annnnd It's moddable! :sn-13:

Should you buy it now? That would have to be up to you. We're still waiting on the initial DEV game patch, and seeing as the official release is today on Xbox, that should be coming very shortly. What I will say, is I can see being submerged in this 'universe' for another decade and still not explore every world. It's more like FO4 in space than Skyrim, but the modding opportunities are everywhere.
These users thanked the author Avrie for the post:
Selene310187
Selene310187
Site Admin

Re: Your thoughts on Starfield

Post by Selene310187 »

I renamed the thread* and moved some posts from this thread to the Your thoughts on Starfield thread.

* previous title of the thread: "Now that the release of Starfield is just about a week away..."
Selene310187
Site Admin

Post by Selene310187 »

Well, I'm not in a hurry to buy and play Starfield. I bought, for example, Cyberpunk 2077 in April this year and I still haven't played it. It's very likely that the same would happen to Starfield. So what did I instead of playing this other game? I mainly worked on my mods for Skyrim. Making mods can be really addictive... lol :sn-4:. However, I manged to put my current mod project aside in order to make the recent changes to the forum (e.g. the overhaul of Modding & Gaming discussion hub and the new header images) possible because, as you may know, I can fully concentrate on only on thing at the time mostly. In the past, I spent most of my time working on a mod project a couple of weeks or months non-stop depending on the size of the project. Then, when I started to work on my current mod project, Bond of Friendship, I wanted to do something different and interrupt my work with short modding breaks where I actually played Skyrim. I indeed succeeded to some degree (see the Your (modded) adventures in Skyrim thread).

Back to Starfield, after thinking back and forth, I came to the conclusion that I will wait for the first patches and, probably the Starfield Creaktion Kit, too, to make my first gaming and modding experience as good as possible. And hopefully I have finished Bond of Friendship and the new Skyrim playthrough until then ...
Avrie

Post by Avrie »

All I'll say Selene is Starfield is in another class all together. It has it's quirks in the UI, and there's a bit of a learning curve when it comes to the actual mechanics involved, but for once the game has exceeded the hype. Worth every penny for the pre-release. I don't regret the purchase at all, and I can see myself playing this for years to come. The fact that we're averaging over a hundred mods a day before the tools are even released is telling in and of itself.

Just my opinion of course, but this is the best money I've spent on a game since Skyrim was released over a decade ago.