[Idea] Hey, super new here but I was wondering about if a whistle audio remover already existed

Releases, works in progress, help, reviews, ideas, tutorials
FedoraStorm

[Idea] Hey, super new here but I was wondering about if a whistle audio remover already existed

Post by FedoraStorm »

Hey! I am a newish to modding and have Tourette's syndrome, which means that I have times where I involuntarily say things or make faces or make motions, and these can sometimes be triggered by outside stimuli. One of my worst ones is a whistle, and the way my disability manifests for me is that not starting a Tic is the majority of my struggle, because when I start I cannot stop and it can escalate to an attack, and often when I hear a whistle or a lot of whistles for too long, it can start some of my tics, which can spiral into more and more and it's just an overall unpleasant experience. I usually have friends who watch movies before hand to tell me if it is too bad, but with videogames I can often take matters into my own hands (I am currently working on silencing the whistle audio for Skyrim's Inigo mod atm), but the guards in starfield for whatever reason LOVE to just randomly whistle a ton over and over again and it is very taxing to play at this point. Is there any mods or methods out someone knows of that can remove that audio, or are there other audio replacer mods that exist that replace similar generic audio so that I can figure out how modifying the audio in starfield works?

Once I get the hang of this kind of thing I want to start a series of mods that remove specific triggers for similar conditions, because I remember as a kid things just kinda sucking because there was a game/movie that had extended scenes with whistling and I just either had to not watch or play that, or risk an attack.
Selene310187
Site Admin

Re: [Idea] Hey, super new here but I was wondering about if a whistle audio remover already existed

Post by Selene310187 »

I've found a guard whistle remover on the Nexus
Stop Whistling UC Security

And welcome to the forum, FedoraStorm :)