If you feel constantly tired then have your blood tested for these things

• Neurodiversity in everyday life and media
  • problems related to neurodivergent conditions in general

Selene310187
Site Admin

If you feel constantly tired then have your blood tested for these things

Post by Selene310187 »

It's worth to check the levels of certain vitamins, minerals and hormones in your blood:

If the levels of one or more of them are low, symptoms like fatigue or lack of energy can appear. Other factors like your sleep, diet and physical fitness also play a major role in this matter. Other causes for the symptoms include: constant stress, constant overstimulation and depression. The different causes can also occur together.

You can increase the levels of the vitamins and minerals by eating food that contains higher levels of these and taking supplements. Please consult your doctor before you take any supplements to get the right dose and, if you are taking medication, to make sure that aren't any bad side effects with your daily medication. If your thyroid hormones are too low, the doctor will prescribe replacement hormones to treat the Hypothyroidism.

In the linked article about vitamin D deficiency (see list above) I found a noteworthy passage about people who are more at risk for vitamin D deficiency:
People with darker skin are much better protected from UV rays but also need to spend more time in the sun than people with lighter skin to produce the same amount of vitamin D. Non-Hispanic Black people generally have higher rates of vitamin D deficiency. The darker your skin, the less vitamin D you make from sunlight exposure. People who are obese, those with osteoporosis, and people with malabsorption disorders like celiac disease or inflammatory bowel disease are also at risk for vitamin D deficiency.

I recently read that an Iron and vitamin D deficiency is more common among children with ADHD and/or Autism (I mostly found studies related to children):

Relationship between serum vitamin D and iron level in children with attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder

Iron and Vitamin D Levels among Autism Spectrum Disorders Children

If the deficiencies are untreated since childhood, then it's very likely that adolescents and adults have the deficiencies and experience their symptoms as well.
Aarsonhfr

Re: If you feel constantly tired then have your blood tested for these things

Post by Aarsonhfr »

Hi
CBD could also help alleviate the physiological response to stress, It reduces stress and anxiety :sn-20:
These users thanked the author Aarsonhfr for the post:
Selene310187
Selene310187
Site Admin

Post by Selene310187 »

Thanks for your suggestion and welcome to the forum, Aarsonhfr :). I was thinking of trying CBD but my doc said it's quite expensive in the long run (at least where I live). He prescribed me melatonin instead (to help me sleep better and to combat inner restlessness). I haven't tested it enough to say that it helps because I take it very irregularly. I usually forget to take it when I'm too engrossed in something which happens pretty often :sn-11: (e.g. playing a game, creating mods or watching series/movies/YouTube videos).
Aarsonhfr

Post by Aarsonhfr »

Selene310187 wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:15 am Thanks for your suggestion and welcome to the forum, Aarsonhfr :). I was thinking of trying CBD but my doc said it's quite expensive in the long run (at least where I live). He prescribed me melatonin instead (to help me sleep better and to combat inner restlessness). I haven't tested it enough to say that it helps because I take it very irregularly. I usually forget to take it when I'm too engrossed in something which happens pretty often :sn-11: (e.g. playing a game, creating mods or watching series/movies/YouTube videos).
You're welcome
i have a new suggestion for you, you can try this best weed coffee in bangkok
See you :sn-31:

Edit by Selene310187: Please don't post any links to products containing weed because I don't want any legal repercussions.