[WIP] Purchase Decorations

Releases, works in progress, help, reviews, ideas, tutorials
Altbert

[WIP] Purchase Decorations

Post by Altbert »

After purchasing a house, the jarl's steward will repeatedly tell/ask you, when buying furnishings for your house:
Very well, I'll make the arrangements. The next time you visit your house, your new furnishings will be in place. Is there anything else you like to purchase?
Quite annoying when you already have enough money in your pocket to purchase complete furnishings for your house in one buy! And, what about a decent discount?
This will be a port from Skyrim LE to SE. I thought it would be easy to port the mod, but I was wrong, as I am using Skyrim Unbound. According to the description page of Skyrim Unbound, I would only need to start the quest "The Blessings of Nature", but that seemed wrong. Only after doing favors for 5 NPCs in the Whiterun Hold, the jarl of Whiterun showed the dialogue for purchasing a house in Whiterun and become a thane in the hold, but with quite a delay.

With this mod you can decide to buy all furnishings for a house in Markarth, Riften, Solitude, Whiterun and Windhelm in a single buy with a 10% discount, at least if you have enough gold in the pocket. As for Whiterun, when using Skyrim Unbound, just make friends with at least 5 NPCs in the Whiterun Hold and wait until the jarl grants you permission to buy a house and become thane. Just have to test the other four holds.

In the mean time, work on the "Floating Island of Legends" continues: some AI packages for the new NPCs and the very irritating navmesh on the islands.
Last edited by Selene310187 on Thu Aug 31, 2023 4:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: added [WIP] prefix to avoid confusion
Bis vincit, qui se vincit in victoria - He conquers twice who conquers himself in victory (Publius Syrus)

Tags:
Altbert

Re: Purchase Decorations

Post by Altbert »

So far, so good! Could buy the houses in Whiterun, Markarth, Riften and Solitude, and purchase the decorations in one buy with a discount. :sn-2:
Only decorations one has to buy seperately is for the child's room. In my case that's not going to happen. But maybe I could add that option into the mod: Complete furnishing incl. child's room or without. Just one more house to go: Windhelm. But that requires me to enter the Civil War!
Bis vincit, qui se vincit in victoria - He conquers twice who conquers himself in victory (Publius Syrus)
Altbert

Post by Altbert »

This new mod is up on AFK Mods for download: https://www.afkmods.com/index.php?/file ... rnishings/

You can now buy all furnishings for the vanilla homes in one single buy with a reasonable discount, "provided you have the coin". It's a port and remake of my mod for Skyrim LE.
smr1957

Post by smr1957 »

Congrats, Albert! This is something I may find useful in my next start. Always hated having to ask repeatedly. "Is there anything else you'd like to purchase?" "YES, YES, YES!!!!" :lol:
These users thanked the author smr1957 for the post:
Altbert
Altbert

Post by Altbert »

smr1957 wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 11:46 pm Congrats, Albert! This is something I may find useful in my next start. Always hated having to ask repeatedly. "Is there anything else you'd like to purchase?" "YES, YES, YES!!!!" :lol:
After getting Goldenhills Plantation the first time I didn't pay much attention to the buying of lifestock, stable, farmhouse furnishings, but there could be a new mod in the make. This time I had enough money in the pocket to buy it all, but I will probably divide it into interior to the farmhouse and exterior to the farmhouse. Of course the child's room separate for the rest of the interior.