Discussions on the old cat's Reviews

Releases, works in progress, help, reviews, ideas, tutorials
Avrie

Re: Discussions on the old cat's Reviews

Post by Avrie »

Sorry I missed yesterday. The maintenance at Nexus was supposed to take much longer and there weren't many mods even worth a mention... gave the old cat the morning off :sn-37:

Tags:
Avrie

Post by Avrie »

It's funny. I keep seeing a tag added for skyrim-SE mod reviews on my post. I'd add it myself but I have no idea where to select it from. Not important, but interesting. Are these tags automatically added? I hate the idea of making busy work for others.
Altbert

Post by Altbert »

Avrie wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 12:38 pm It's funny. I keep seeing a tag added for skyrim-SE mod reviews on my post. I'd add it myself but I have no idea where to select it from. Not important, but interesting. Are these tags automatically added? I hate the idea of making busy work for others.
As far as I know, the tag is added when added to the first post. But maybe (?) you can add additional tags.
Bis vincit, qui se vincit in victoria - He conquers twice who conquers himself in victory (Publius Syrus)
Avrie

Post by Avrie »

Woo-Hoo... Renthall returns! sound the trumpets...

But his current mods are all low poly? don't get me wrong the quality in the models and texture choices are all there. But the items are all low res, low poly... I wonder if Renthall's hardware is not up to speed for SSE and he's still writing for oldrim? But then he released a low poly, low res shovel replacer for oldrim that hasn't made it to SSE yet.

It's a shame, but his current work can't compete with all the 2K 4K and 8K parallax enabled stuff coming out from today's authors. The question... Have the mighty fallen, or is this a case of RafaÅ needing to upgrade his hardware. I'd run a "gofundme" For Renthall. In a heartbeat
Avrie

Post by Avrie »

I accidentally erased the morning post today, and rushed to re-write it. Hense the short opening :(
Altbert

Post by Altbert »

I totally agree with you on Dr. Jacopo's nightshade. Tracked Dr. for the time being, but his flora mods will be in my next playthru for sure. Sincerely hope Dr. will keep those coming!
These users thanked the author Altbert for the post:
Avrie
Bis vincit, qui se vincit in victoria - He conquers twice who conquers himself in victory (Publius Syrus)
Avrie

Post by Avrie »

there were two new mods today based off the orchids. Glow map and enblights I can ignore, though if there was a dimmer version without the glow map I might have used it. The second on uses BOS to randomly distribute all variants of the flower around the map. That night be fun.

Careful Altbert... If you keep reading the old cat's reviews you may end up with a lot more mods than you're used to LOL
Altbert

Post by Altbert »

Avrie wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 12:46 pm Careful Altbert... If you keep reading the old cat's reviews you may end up with a lot more mods than you're used to LOL
I don't mind Avrie. It's just that I don't have the intention to create a "SMR" build, or anything fancy. I want to stay as close to the original game as possible. Replacing 2D flora into 3D can be part of that, as well as for example removing questlocks that have no function at all, or decreasing swimming speeds, removing onscreen bloodsplatter, buying all furnishing for a house if you have the coin for it, Arcadia's annoying disease remarks when you have no disease, etc.

I will keep reading the old cat's reviews and if that will get me past 100 mods or even up to 200 mods, so be it.
smr1957

Post by smr1957 »

Altbert wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 3:06 pm
Avrie wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 12:46 pm Careful Altbert... If you keep reading the old cat's reviews you may end up with a lot more mods than you're used to LOL
I don't mind Avrie. It's just that I don't have the intention to create a "SMR" build, or anything fancy. I want to stay as close to the original game as possible. Replacing 2D flora into 3D can be part of that, as well as for example removing questlocks that have no function at all, or decreasing swimming speeds, removing onscreen bloodsplatter, buying all furnishing for a house if you have the coin for it, Arcadia's annoying disease remarks when you have no disease, etc.

I will keep reading the old cat's reviews and if that will get me past 100 mods or even up to 200 mods, so be it.
Sometimes, smaller builds are better - at least better than some large builds we see people making - LOL!
Altbert

Post by Altbert »

smr1957 wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 3:58 pm Sometimes, smaller builds are better - at least better than some large builds we see people making - LOL!
I will stick to my small build, Steve, unless a mod improves my game, but doesn't change the original taste of the game too much. Most of the time that will probably be environmental, apart from Northbourne, TS Children and AI Overhaul. I hope Southpawe will do the remaining holds someday!

Return to “Skyrim - Mods and Modding”