Love This game

Vlad 254

Love This game

Post by Vlad 254 »

Where am I :? . Stumbled across this area of the site. Guess I'll start off by dusting and sweeping up a bit in here in order to kick off this section.

Have played all the Fallout games with 76 being the only one that I have ever pre-ordered (I'm not a big pre-order person). Once I played the Beta I never went through with my purchase. IIRC back then you could pre-order by putting down a deposit of sorts. I could be wrong but I am sure I preordered it yet after checking it out for about an hour decided I was done.

Played them all on Console (Xbox) and now have 3 and 4 on PC. These days FO4 is a great filler when I need an occasional rare break from SSE. Right now I'm enjoying the heck out of the Nuka-World DLC by taking a completely different path than I've taken in the past by wiping out all the gangs. Also realized I never played a few quests like "Cappy in a haystack". Then there's that terminal humor :lol: that the FO4 writers seem so good at.

Last but certainly not least is modding this game which is what keeps us coming back at this point. Speaking of funny, ain't it funny how so many bang on Bethesda yet play this game to this very day. I'll give Beth their due as *they certainly have provided many of us with a ton of modding enjoyment. Correction: *They and the modding community.
Great acts are made up of small deeds ~Lao Tzu
smr1957

Re: Love This game

Post by smr1957 »

I still think back to the days before I bought Skyrim. I was looking for a game that would occupy my time for a week off that I was taking. After some hesitation (the emphasis placed on dragons was something that gave me pause), the overwhelmingly positive rating that Skyrim received tipped the scales. An expectation of just a week's worth of play proved to be mistaken - it has now been years worth - not just playing, but helping. I never thought or anticipated that when I clicked the purchase button in Steam.

And then I received FO4 as a gift - and it became my go to game when I wasn't playing Skyrim. At first I couldn't be bothered - but after playing it for a while it grew on me, and now enjoy it when the cold lands of Skyrim get to be too much, and I require something different. I very nice break from Skyrim, indeed!
Selene310187
Site Admin

Post by Selene310187 »

I love this game, too, having fond memories of it. It was the number one reason why I bought the new PC. Tinkering in Outfit Studio brought the most joy to me, turning my character into a cyborg/android.

But I can't play Fallout 4 right now because I have run out of steam. Someday I will play it again and continue to work on the mod projects for this game.
Ivanhoe1955SI

Post by Ivanhoe1955SI »

I started with Fallout 3 and then picked up Fallout New Vegas. Fallout (1) and 2 followed.
Fallout 4 was meant to be a stopgap, but it turned out to be one of my favorite games in the series.
I'm sure I'm stepping on some toes now but that's life: Fallout 4 is a good game in my eyes but the worst Fallout in the series.
Just imagine, you witness your loved one being killed, the baby kidnapped and then you have nothing better to do than build settlements?
I never understood it. Still, for whatever reason, I spent the most hours in Fallout 4 and even wrote a German tips and tricks guide. Selene, you will probably still know this one

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
Spoiler
Ich habe mit Fallout 3 begonnen und dann Fallout New Vegas geholt. Fallout (1) und 2 folgten dann.
Fallout 4 war eigentlich nur als eine Zwischenlösung gedacht aber entwickelte sich dann zu einem meiner Lieblingsspiele der Serie.
Ich bin mir sicher das ich jetzt einigen auf die Füsse trete aber so ist das Leben: Fallout 4 ist in meinen Augen ein gutes Spiel aber das schlechteste Fallout in der Serie.
Stellt euch nur mal vor, ihr erlebt mit wie euer Liebster gekillt wird, das Baby entführt und dann habt ihr nichts bessweres zu tun als Siedlungen zu bauen?
Ich habs nie verstanden. Trotzdem aber habe ich, warum auch immer, in Fallout 4 die meisten Stunden verbracht und sogar eine deutsche Tipps und Tricks Anleitung geschrieben. Selene, du wirst diese wohl noch kennen
Don't blame me, I'm only human after all
Altbert

Post by Altbert »

Never had any feeling for the FallOut games. I have tried FO3 once, but instantly got cured! Although I love to watch movies like Mad Max I don't like to play games in the post-apocalyptic genre.
Bis vincit, qui se vincit in victoria - He conquers twice who conquers himself in victory (Publius Syrus)