Skyrim's lost settlements

Skyrim (32-bit version) and Skyrim Special Edition (64-bit version), DLCs, Creation Club content
and all other different "versions" of Skyrim (Legendary Edition, Anniversary Edition, ...)
Altbert

Skyrim's lost settlements

Post by Altbert »

I've published a new guide on Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 2880620387

I have worked on this guide for quite some time after my release of the mod "Arena Lore" for Skyrim LE, but never came around to finish it. But ... it may still remain a work in progress, depending on whatever info I might find on the subject. :sn-2:
Bis vincit, qui se vincit in victoria - He conquers twice who conquers himself in victory (Publius Syrus)
Altbert

Re: Skyrim's lost settlements

Post by Altbert »

A few minutes ago I have released the mod "Skyrim's Lost Settlements" on AFK Mods:

https://www.afkmods.com/index.php?/file ... ttlements/
These users thanked the author Altbert for the post:
Selene310187
Bis vincit, qui se vincit in victoria - He conquers twice who conquers himself in victory (Publius Syrus)
Selene310187
Site Admin

Post by Selene310187 »

Congratulations on the release, Altbert! Very atmospheric. I will try it in my next Skyrim playthrough.
These users thanked the author Selene310187 for the post:
Altbert
Ivanhoe1955SI

Post by Ivanhoe1955SI »

Interesting mod. I always wondered, when I was still playing Skyrim, where are the settlements that you heard about but nothing is visible anymore.

I see now in the Steam post that the earliest mention is at 3E399.
Does this now mean that settlements or prominent places that were destroyed during the War of the Three Banners, i.e. ESO, will not be included here?
Whereby I am open and to my knowledge at the moment can not name a place.
In addition, I am unsure if the events from the game ESO are to be considered canon.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
Don't blame me, I'm only human after all
Altbert

Post by Altbert »

Ivanhoe1955SI wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 2:39 pm Interesting mod. I always wondered, when I was still playing Skyrim, where are the settlements that you heard about but nothing is visible anymore.

I see now in the Steam post that the earliest mention is at 3E399.
Does this now mean that settlements or prominent places that were destroyed during the War of the Three Banners, i.e. ESO, will not be included here?
Whereby I am open and to my knowledge at the moment can not name a place.
In addition, I am unsure if the events from the game ESO are to be considered canon.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
There are some visible ruins and I have taken those into consideration. Most lost settlements are from TES 1 Arena, but the map has changed considerably. Some other settlements are from literature (Dunbarrow, Bartmond, Vundeheim). For now nothing about ESO.