DIY thread: present your crafts

2D and 3D design, traditional art, handicrafts
Selene310187
Site Admin

DIY thread: present your crafts

Post by Selene310187 »

Do it yourself. You crafted something with your own hands, enjoyed the formation process and are proud of the result. If you want to show the world what you've created, then this thread is for you. The possibilities are endless: drawing, painting, pottery, woodworking, knitting, origami, forging, sculpting, ...

You can embed images via BBCode (see "Alternatives to attachments") or via attachments.
These users thanked the author Selene310187 for the post:
Altbert
Selene310187
Site Admin

Re: DIY thread: present your crafts

Post by Selene310187 »

I did a lot of handicrafts in the years 2016 and 2017. In this post, I will show you some of them.

I needed a stand for my netbook in 2016. The previous one consisted of Lego blocks. It did work somehow but it was not comfortable enough. So I decided to craft one out of wood. I wanted it to be elevatable and tiltable. The simplest solution I came up with was using a stacking system with stacking blocks which come in two sizes. As I know that I tend to misplace or loose stuff, I built a case for the stacking blocks in addition. The case can be attached to the underside of the upper half of the stand via velcro tape.
Netbook and notebook stand.jpg
Case for stacking blocks.jpg
Opened case and stacking blocks.jpg
Everything arranged (the arrangement looks different today; the desk is standing on the balcony and the stand on my roll cage now)
Netbook and notebook stand - netbook on top.jpg

(memo to myself: I need to make some adjustments to the CSS of the attachments making images shown side by side instead of one underneath the other; Edit: done)

You may have seen that I'm a huge fan of the Doctor Who series. And now guess what I put together....... a sonic screwdriver! It consists of various parts I found in the household, an old Lego spaceship module (for the light and sound effects), and a lot of superglue. I made this as a prop for my Halloween costume in 2016: the ghost version of the Doctor in "Under the lake"/"Before the Flood". Next time I make something like this, I will use the hot glue gun instead which I bought some months later (and the hot glue is still lying untouched in the drawer :D).
DIY Sonic Screwdriver 01.jpg
DIY Sonic Screwdriver 02.jpg
The DIY Sonic Screwdriver in action: https://youtu.be/doUbE6mGP9o
Altbert

Post by Altbert »

I may sometime do a little basic woodworking with some pyrography and coloring mostly for my Viking re-enactment group, which I, to my regret, had to leave because of health issues:
The top board is made of a piece of 80 year old oak with early medieval board games. To the left "hnefatafl" played by the Vikings and the predecessors and to the right "tablut" played by the Samii of northern Scandinavia. At the bottom a presentation board I made for the re-enactment group, Amluth, with runes in Anglo-Frisian (top) and Younger Futhark (bottom). In the bottom left in black runes of the Younger Futhark the saying "Be a true Viking in battle, work, writing and speach".
Bis vincit, qui se vincit in victoria - He conquers twice who conquers himself in victory (Publius Syrus)
Altbert

Post by Altbert »

I nearly forgot, but I also did some painting and drawing in the past. No nearly enough as I should, but here are some of my drawings. Most of these drawings are made during or after archery tournaments.

And this last one, a self portrait.

No pictures, but that's probably caused by an insicure website without SSL certificate. Probably solved tomorrow!
Bis vincit, qui se vincit in victoria - He conquers twice who conquers himself in victory (Publius Syrus)
Selene310187
Site Admin

Post by Selene310187 »

Some of my drawings and paintings from my art therapy group

Lynx

Conflicting Suns

Freedom Falcon