ModManager

Releases, works in progress, help, reviews, ideas, tutorials
Ivanhoe1955SI

ModManager

Post by Ivanhoe1955SI »

I wonder if I am right here with my request, but I put it in the room.
So far I have managed my games with the NMM of the Community Edition, a tool against which is warned in various forums, because it is outdated.
There are voices everywhere that you should switch to Vortex, also because of the possibility to load the mod collections.

But many call MO2 the best manager. I personally know NMM and Vortex, but I also have rudimentary knowledge of MO2.
But what would be the choice for a fresh start in Fallout 4?
Spoiler
Ich frage mich ob ich hier richtig bin mit meinem Anliegen, aber ich stelle es mal in den Raum.
Bisher habe ich meine Spiele mit dem NMM der Community Edition gemanagt, einem Tool vor dem in diversen Foren gewarnt wird, weil es veraltet ist.
Es werden überall Stimmen laut, das man auf Vortex umsteigen sollte, auch wegen der Möglichkeit damit die Modkollektionen zu laden.

Sehr viele aber nennen MO2 als den besten Manager. Ich persönlich kenne NMM und Vortex, habe aber auch rudimentäre Kenntnisse des MO2
Was wäre für einen Neuanfang bei Fallout 4 aber die Wahl?
Don't blame me, I'm only human after all
smr1957

Re: ModManager

Post by smr1957 »

Ivanhoe1955SI wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 3:36 pm I wonder if I am right here with my request, but I put it in the room.
So far I have managed my games with the NMM of the Community Edition, a tool against which is warned in various forums, because it is outdated.
There are voices everywhere that you should switch to Vortex, also because of the possibility to load the mod collections.

But many call MO2 the best manager. I personally know NMM and Vortex, but I also have rudimentary knowledge of MO2.
Spoiler
Ich frage mich ob ich hier richtig bin mit meinem Anliegen, aber ich stelle es mal in den Raum.
Bisher habe ich meine Spiele mit dem NMM der Community Edition gemanagt, einem Tool vor dem in diversen Foren gewarnt wird, weil es veraltet ist.
Es werden überall Stimmen laut, das man auf Vortex umsteigen sollte, auch wegen der Möglichkeit damit die Modkollektionen zu laden.

Sehr viele aber nennen MO2 als den besten Manager. Ich persönlich kenne NMM und Vortex, habe aber auch rudimentäre Kenntnisse des MO2
Was wäre für einen Neuanfang bei Fallout 4 aber die Wahl?
I personally always tell new players that they should use either Vortex or MO2 - which a person uses is merely a question of personal taste, as both are equally good. But, if you have used NMM for a long time (which it sounds like you have), and are used to it and how it works, and have not had an issue with it, then there is really no real reason to change - a if it ain't broke, don't fix it type of thing. So, the warning about NMM is really for new players just starting and with little or no experience. Personally, I like that NMM doesn't tell you what and where things should go, as in my case I am very experienced and know better than an automated program as regards how mods should be placed and what should be done.

Bottom line - if you are comfortable using NMM and have no issues, then there is no reason to change.
Last edited by smr1957 on Thu Nov 24, 2022 5:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Selene310187
Site Admin

Post by Selene310187 »

I haven't made any experiences with MO2 so far, but with NNM and Vortex and I used these two programs only for a short time. Vortex changed, for example, the date of my plugin files including the ones I was working on. You may find this nitpicking but small things can have a great impact on me even when I don't want to react like that. So I stick to Wrye Bash and use its "Wizard" to install greater mods.

Spoiler
Bisher habe ich keine Erfahrungen mit MO2 gemacht, aber mit NNM und Vortex und ich habe diese beiden Programme nur eine kurze Zeit lang verwendet. Vortex änderte zum Beispiel das Datum meiner Plugin-Dateien, einschließlich derer, an denen ich arbeitete. Du magst das vielleicht pingelig finden, aber kleine Dinge können eine große Wirkung auf mich haben, auch wenn ich nicht so reagieren will. Daher bleibe ich bei Wrye Bash und verwende dessen "Wizard", um größere Mods zu installieren.

Ivanhoe1955SI wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 3:36 pmBut many call MO2 the best manager. I personally know NMM and Vortex, but I also have rudimentary knowledge of MO2.
Now I'm confused. You wrote in the Skyrim forum but mentioned Fallout 4. Should I move your thread to the Fallout 4 forum?

Wrye Bash is available for Fallout 4 as well: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/20032

Spoiler
Jetzt bin ich verwirrt. Du hast im Skyrim-Forum geschrieben, aber Fallout 4 erwähnt. Soll ich deinen Thread ins Fallout-4-Forum verschieben?

Wrye Bash gibt es auch für Fallout 4: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/20032
smr1957

Post by smr1957 »

Selene310187 wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 5:33 pm I haven't made any experiences with MO2 so far, but with NNM and Vortex and I used these two programs only for a short time. Vortex changed, for example, the date of my plugin files including the ones I was working on. You may find this nitpicking but small things can have a great impact on me even when I don't want to react like that. So I stick to Wrye Bash and use its "Wizard" to install greater mods.

Spoiler
Bisher habe ich keine Erfahrungen mit MO2 gemacht, aber mit NNM und Vortex und ich habe diese beiden Programme nur eine kurze Zeit lang verwendet. Vortex änderte zum Beispiel das Datum meiner Plugin-Dateien, einschließlich derer, an denen ich arbeitete. Du magst das vielleicht pingelig finden, aber kleine Dinge können eine große Wirkung auf mich haben, auch wenn ich nicht so reagieren will. Daher bleibe ich bei Wrye Bash und verwende dessen "Wizard", um größere Mods zu installieren.

Ivanhoe1955SI wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 3:36 pmBut many call MO2 the best manager. I personally know NMM and Vortex, but I also have rudimentary knowledge of MO2.
Now I'm confused. You wrote in the Skyrim forum but mentioned Fallout 4. Should I move your thread to the Fallout 4 forum?

Wrye Bash is available for Fallout 4 as well: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/20032

Spoiler
Jetzt bin ich verwirrt. Du hast im Skyrim-Forum geschrieben, aber Fallout 4 erwähnt. Soll ich deinen Thread ins Fallout-4-Forum verschieben?

Wrye Bash gibt es auch für Fallout 4: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/20032
The answers would be the same - the managers work the same for both Skyrim and FO4

And, what Selene posted, shows how individuals may prefer different managers - what is good for one may not be good for others. Personally, I am running 456 mods on FO4, and for SSE, 2321 (yes, you read that right - 2321 mods on SSE) - and for both I am using NMM - but that's me.
Altbert

Post by Altbert »

I have always stayed far away from NMM and Vortex. Tried MO2 once, but since I am using Wrye Bash since Morrowind, I don't have any desire to change mod manager. WB has its own system of managing load order, based on BOSS. For me the advantage of this is that when WB and LOOT don't agree on load order, I know exactly which mod is concerned and set personal meta data in LOOT/WB as I see fit.
Bis vincit, qui se vincit in victoria - He conquers twice who conquers himself in victory (Publius Syrus)
Ivanhoe1955SI

Post by Ivanhoe1955SI »

Selene310187 wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 5:33 pm

My mistake, I should have written it more precisely. I wrote Fallout 4 because it has the pole position, but Skyrim is already in the starting blocks.

About NMM
I know and use it since the times of Morrowind and it was still available for download at Nexus. However, I started with Morrowind with the Morrowind Mod Manager.

With NMM I have the longest experience and with Vortex I once managed Fallout New Vegas. However, due to insufficient knowledge I made a number of mistakes and went back to NMM.
But for a new start of both Skyrim and Fallout 4 I thought about a change.
Spoiler
Mein Fehler, ich hätte es genauer schreiben sollen. Ich schrieb Fallout 4 weil es die Pole position hat, aber Skyrim steht schon in den Startlöchern.

Zu NMM
Ich kenne und nutze ihn bereits seit den Zeiten von Morrowind und da war er noch zum Download bei Nexus. Begonnen allerdings hatte ich bei Morrowind mit dem Morrowind Mod Manager.

Mit NMM habe ich die längste Erfahruung und mit Vortex habe ich mal Fallout New Vegas gemanaged. Habe allerdings wegen unzureichenden Kenntnissen eine Anzahl Fehler gemacht und bin damals wieder zu NMM zurück.
Aber für einen neuen Start von sowohl Skyrim als auch Fallout 4 dachte ich über einen Wechsel nach
Don't blame me, I'm only human after all
Selene310187
Site Admin

Post by Selene310187 »

My mistake, I should have written it more precisely. I wrote Fallout 4 because it has the pole position, but Skyrim is already in the starting blocks.
Thanks for the clarification. :)
Spoiler
Danke für die Aufklärung. :)

Return to “Skyrim - Mods and Modding”