Your series watch list

Here you can converse about your favorite movies, series and TV shows.
Selene310187
Site Admin

Your series watch list

Post by Selene310187 »

What series are you watching at the moment? What series did you watch in the past and what series do you want to watch next?

If you've watched/are watching a lot like me, you could also just list a selection of series.

My all-time favorites are marked with the :sn-14: emoji

Feel free to use my list as a template for your list :sn-37:

Series I'm watching at the moment:

Spoiler
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (anime; genre: adventure, action; 2012 -)

Westworld (genre: mystery, sci-fi; 2016 - 2022) :sn-14:

The Boys (genre: action, crime, comedy; 2019 -)

Series I paused:
(a selection)
Spoiler
Waiting for new season:

Doctor Who (genre: sci-fi, adventure, drama; 2005 - ; discussion thread) :sn-14:

Star Trek: Picard (genre: action, drama, adventure; 2020 - 2023)

The Witcher (genre: adventure, action, drama; 2019 - )

Loki (genre: fantasy, action, adventure; 2021) :sn-14:

Doctor Stone (anime; genre: action, adventure; 2019 -)

Sword Art Online (anime; genre: action, adventure; 2012 -) :sn-14:

Not interested at the moment:

The Expanse (genre: mystery, drama, sci-fi; 2015 - 2022)

American Gods (genre: mystery, fantasy, drama; 2017 - 2021)

Overlord (anime; genre: adventure, action; 2015 -)

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood (anime; genre: adventure, action; 2009 - 2010)

Series I've watched in the past:
(a selection)
Anime series:
Spoiler
Cowboy Bebop (genre: action, adventure; 1998 - 1999) :sn-14:

Texhnolyze (genre: sci-fi, drama, 2003) :sn-14:

Psycho Pass (genre: crime, action; 2012 -)
(watched only the first two seasons)

Ergo Proxy (genre: action, adventure; 2006) :sn-14:

Steins;Gate (genre: drama, comedy; 2011 - 2015) :sn-14:

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex (genre: action, crime; 2002 - 2005) :sn-14:

Vision of Escaflowne (genre: adventure, action; 1996)
(one of the anime series which I watched in my childhood and I rewatched it recently)

One Punch Man (genre: action, comedy; 2015 - 2019)

Inuyashiki (genre: action, drama; 2017)

Live action series:
Spoiler
Watched several episodes:

Scrubs (genre: comedy, drama; 2001 - 2010)

The X-Files (genre: mystery, drama; 1993 - 2018)

Buffy the Vampire Slayer (genre: fantasy, drama; 1997 - 2003) :sn-14:

Charmed (genre: fantasy, mystery; 1998 - 2006)
(the original series and not the remake)

Angel (genre: drama, fantasy; 1999 - 2004)
(the Buffy spin-off with David Boreanaz; it's a shame that the series ended with a cliffhanger)

Sherlock (genre: mystery, crime, drama) :sn-14:
(how Benedict Cumberbatch :sn-13: plays his role is incredible; a must-watch series)

Watched all episodes:

Broadchurch (genre: mystery, crime, drama; 2013 - 2017)
(Before I watched this series, I always connected David Tennant with funny roles like in Doctor Who. Watching Broadchurch and Jessica Jones proved me wrong)

Real Humans (aka Äkta människor; genre: sci-fi, thriller, drama, 2012 - 2014) :sn-14:
(the Swedish original; I've never watched the English-language adaptation)

Torchwood (genre: mystery, action, drama; 2006 - 2011) :sn-14:
(a magnificent spin-off of the Doctor Who series)

Series I plan to watch:

Spoiler
Thunderstone (genre: adventure, drama, family; 1999 - 2000)
(I watched a few episodes as a kid and rediscovered it recently)

Love, Death & Robots (genre: action, short; 2019 - )

Philip K. ♡♡♡♡'s Electric Dreams (genre: sci-fi, drama; 2017 - 2018)
Altbert

Re: Your series watch list

Post by Altbert »

My list will not be as long as yours, Selene! Mostly and if I feel like it: English and Scandinavian detective/police series, like Morse/Lewis, Silent Witness, but can't name any Scandinavian series at the moment. Sometimes Law & Order. For me US series are often a bit over the top. As for series on DVD/Blueray: Game of Thrones, Vikings, Grimm and of course the short series The Hunger Games and The Divergent Series.
These users thanked the author Altbert for the post:
Selene310187
Bis vincit, qui se vincit in victoria - He conquers twice who conquers himself in victory (Publius Syrus)
Selene310187
Site Admin

Post by Selene310187 »

Altbert wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 12:35 amthe short series The Hunger Games
A The Hunger Games short series? Now I'm all ears. I did a quick search; do you mean this one?: https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5 ... Pkxf-Xm6MQ

I heard of the Divergent series when I was looking for a sequel. Thanks for reminding me that this series exists :).
Altbert

Post by Altbert »

In the past I used to watch German series Cobra 11 (a bit over the top) and Tatort. Just remembered the Danish series The Bridge and Borgen. Still no recollection of the last Scandinavian series I've seen, but as I recall it was about a Danish policewoman accepting a position in Norway.
Bis vincit, qui se vincit in victoria - He conquers twice who conquers himself in victory (Publius Syrus)
Altbert

Post by Altbert »

Selene310187 wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 12:49 am
Altbert wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 12:35 amthe short series The Hunger Games and The Divergent Series.
A The Hunger Games short series? Now I'm all ears. I did a quick search; do you mean this one?: https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5 ... Pkxf-Xm6MQ

I heard of the Divergent series when I was looking for a sequel. Thanks for reminding me that this series exists :).
I call it a movie series: (1) The Hunger Games, (2) Catching Fire, (3) Mockingjay Pt. 1, (4) Mockingjay Pt. 2, (5) coming in 2023: The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes.

As for the Divergent Series only 3 are released: Divergent, Insurgent and Allegiance. Allegiance however, is only the first half of the book. Allegiance part 2 has never been released.

This remembers me to buy a new Blueray/DVD player for my PC. My present one is refusing to play those!
Altbert

Post by Altbert »

For the rest I'm not watching much TV and I'm quite selective in buying Bluerays or DVDs. Only programs on TV I'm watching are News and News documentaries, at the moment particularly about the war in the Ukraine, because I have a few friends there. Sofar my friends are not in any trouble.
Selene310187
Site Admin

Post by Selene310187 »

Altbert wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 12:57 amI call it a movie series: (1) The Hunger Games, (2) Catching Fire, (3) Mockingjay Pt. 1, (4) Mockingjay Pt. 2, (5) coming in 2023: The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes.

As for the Divergent Series only 3 are released: Divergent, Insurgent and Allegiance. Allegiance however, is only the first half of the book. Allegiance part 2 has never been released.

This remembers me to buy a new Blueray/DVD player for my PC. My present one is refusing to play those!
I misunderstood, I thought you meant a short film spin-off of the Hunger Games and a possible TV series sequel of Allegiance (I only heard rumors about this back then; it's too bad that it never got released).

Altbert wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 12:50 am In the past I used to watch German series Cobra 11 (a bit over the top) and Tatort.
I agree, the explosions and crashes in Alarm für Cobra 11 are exaggerated.

I watch "Tatort" from time to time, mostly the one that takes place in Muenster. The interaction between the actors Jan Josef Liefers (plays Boerne) and Axel Prahl (plays Thiel) is unique and often very funny :sn-2:.
Altbert

Post by Altbert »

I forgot all about The Dark Crystal series on Netflix. When my children were young, the nearly watched the original movie once a month.
smr1957

Post by smr1957 »

Altbert wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 12:15 pm I forgot all about The Dark Crystal series on Netflix. When my children were young, the nearly watched the original movie once a month.
What a great movie that was and is! The last time I watched it was when I lived back in New Jersey - talking over twenty years ago.
Altbert

Post by Altbert »

Indeed, it was and still is! But, the series on Netflix also is exceptional! No idea if it is available on Blueray or DVD.