I'm logged out so quickly

You can post suggestions, post bug reports and your feedback here.
Altbert

I'm logged out so quickly

Post by Altbert »

Only thing I'm not so pleased with is the fact that I'm logged out so quickly. Trying to keep up with the Old Fart's Coffee House and other Steam posts, and when I return to MotS I'm logged out.
These users thanked the author Altbert for the post:
Selene310187
Bis vincit, qui se vincit in victoria - He conquers twice who conquers himself in victory (Publius Syrus)
Selene310187
Site Admin

Re: I'm logged out so quickly

Post by Selene310187 »

Altbert wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:22 pm Only thing I'm not so pleased with is the fact that I'm logged out so quickly. Trying to keep up with the Old Fart's Coffee House and other Steam posts, and when I return to MotS I'm logged out.
That should not happen. Maybe there's something wrong the cookie settings of the board. I will look into this tomorrow. Thanks for reporting it :).
smr1957

Post by smr1957 »

Selene310187 wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:40 pm
Altbert wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:22 pm Only thing I'm not so pleased with is the fact that I'm logged out so quickly. Trying to keep up with the Old Fart's Coffee House and other Steam posts, and when I return to MotS I'm logged out.
That should not happen. Maybe there's something wrong the cookie settings of the board. I will look into this tomorrow. Thanks for reporting it :).
Indeed, that should not happen - I am logged in all day, and often go hours without referring back to here, and have never been logged out.
Selene310187
Site Admin

Post by Selene310187 »

I moved some posts from this thread to create a new thread because the issue has nothing to do with the update of the forum. The source of the problem is somewhere in the cookie and/or sessions settings of the board and I'm still looking into this.
These users thanked the author Selene310187 for the post:
Altbert
Selene310187
Site Admin

Post by Selene310187 »

Attention, I will do a forced log-out for all logged-in users so that my changes can take effect.
Edit: The forced log-out has been done.

I found three threads that could lead to the solution of the problem:
https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=2451936
https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtop ... p=15796566
https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtop ... p=15449156

According to the suggestions in the linked threads I did the following:
  • Cookie settings: removed the dot in front of the cookie domain ("modding-on-the-spectrum.com" instead of ".modding-on-the-spectrum.com")
  • Load settings: increased session length; set it to 10200 seconds (3 hours) instead of 3600 seconds (1 hour)
  • Security settings: set Session IP validation to "A.B" instead of "A.B.C" (funny explanation)
If you haven't done it already, activate the "Remember me" option before you confirm your login. You will be automatically be logged in when you come back to the site.
Last edited by Selene310187 on Thu Dec 08, 2022 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Altbert

Post by Altbert »

Thanks, Selene. I will check it out. Going to watch some TV news and return. Let you know!
Bis vincit, qui se vincit in victoria - He conquers twice who conquers himself in victory (Publius Syrus)

Return to “Feedback & Suggestions”