UPDATE: Starfield arrived on the Spectrum

Selene310187
Site Admin

UPDATE: Starfield arrived on the Spectrum

Post by Selene310187 »

UPDATE
(September 7th, 2023)

The discussion area for Starfield has been opened!

The cat is out of the bag :sn-37:. Yes, the new discussion area of the Spectrum will be for Bethesda's upcoming game Starfield. The Starfield forum update comes with an overhaul of the [ Modding ] hub which will be renamed to [ Modding & Gaming ]. I plan to simplify the forum structure by reducing the amount of subforums and subcategories. The moddable game discussion areas will have two subforums instead of six which will be "General Discussion" and "Mods and Modding". The Mod Showcase, Mod Support, Works in Progress, Modding Tools and Tutorials subforums will be replaced with pre-made topic prefixes which users can add to their topics from a drop-down list. Possible topics prefixes: [WIP], [RELz], [Help], [Tutorial] and more. This topic prefix feature is part of the Topic Prefixes extension which I will install when the time comes.

Currently, the forum structure is set up like this (example: Skyrim - Mod Showcase):
[ Modding ] » Bethesda Games » The Elder Scrolls series » The Elder Scrolls V - Skyrim » Skyrim - Mod Showcase

The new path to the subforum in question could look like this:
[ Modding & Gaming ] » The Elder Scrolls series » The Elder Scrolls V - Skyrim » Skyrim - Mods and Modding

The structure of the Modding & Gaming hub:

[ Modding & Gaming ]
General Modding Discussion
Starfield: with quick links to its General Discussion and the Mods and Modding area
The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim, Oblivion, Morrowind, Daggerfall, Arena
Fallout: Fallout 4, Fallout New Vegas, Fallout 3,
Other moddable games: Cyberpunk 2077, Elex 1 and 2
Gaming Corner

I already applied these changes to my test forum and made some pictures, so you can see how they will look like in the live forum:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/1FxKuqqdKooUZqds6

I will probably open the Starfield discussion area on September 5th or 6th depending on how involved I am. A week before that I will write a thread to get in the mood for Starfield in the Gaming Corner (Edit: done :)).
Last edited by Selene310187 on Thu Sep 07, 2023 3:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tags:
Selene310187
Site Admin

Re: Starfield comes to the Spectrum

Post by Selene310187 »

Today, I restructured the Modding (now: Modding & Gaming) hub.

Summary of the changes to the discussion hub:
  • reordering and renaming the subforums
  • moving the Gaming Corner from the Lounge hub to the Modding hub so everything related to modding and gaming is at one place
  • reducing the number of subcategories which increases the clarity
  • removing some subforums which have still 0 posts (exception: Arena and Daggerfall)
  • moving topics and adding a suitable topic prefix to them where necessary
  • adding a selection of topic prefixes to all "Mods and Modding" subforums
  • updating the Game Spotlight accordingly showing only General Discussion and Mods and Modding quicklinks
  • renaming the "Modding" hub to "Modding & Gaming"

Remaining steps on the road map:
  • implementing the new header images in the Skyrim and Fallout 4 subforums
  • opening up the Starfield discussion and giving it a unique header image, too

Edit:

I updated list of the Fantasy and Sci-Fi games discussions in the navigation bar at the very top of the board.
Last edited by Selene310187 on Sat Sep 02, 2023 12:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Selene310187
Site Admin

Re: UPDATE: Starfield arrived on the Spectrum

Post by Selene310187 »

The floor's open.

Join the Spectrum's discussion area for Starfield

The points of interest in the discussions:

Your thoughts on Starfield
In Your thoughts on Starfield you can share your thoughts about the game directly, for example: What are you most hoping to see and how much do you intend to play the game?

Screenshots
If you want to know how take screenshots (or if you are looking for alternative methods), where you can find them or how to insert them into your post, please take a look at the Starfield Screenshots Guide. I will update the guide with useful console commands soon.

Mod recommendations
Are you looking for interesting mods or do you want to recommend a mod? Then take a look at the mod recommendations thread.
Last edited by Selene310187 on Wed Sep 27, 2023 2:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: edit