Gaming and modding in all facets of life

Overview of the changes to the forum
Selene310187
Site Admin

Gaming and modding in all facets of life

Post by Selene310187 »

Today, I thought about what the forum, Modding on the Spectrum, can be. How can I explain it.... It was my initial idea to build a forum which should be a safe place for gamers/mod users/mod creators on the autistic spectrum. The forum got its first members and they contributed new ideas or sparked new ideas in my mind. With each cycle of new ideas the target audience of Modding on the Spectrum expanded and finally included all gamers, mod users and mod creators. I didn't communicate this clear enough in the last couple of months; I have to live with the result probably for a long time. The forum was once my idea, I shaped it, laid the groundwork and had hold the reins. This doesn't mean that I resign as admin. I just try to stay more in the background as admin, let things take their course, and take part in as a user more often. I invite you to shape Modding on the Spectrum with your ideas so it can fully live up to its potential.

The tagline of the forum, "Gaming and modding in all facets of life", can give you some ideas.

What can the words "all facets of life" regarding gaming and modding mean. It depends on who you ask. Being a youth or an adult, being a parent or a grandparent, being a pupil or an undergraduate, .... all give you different answers.

Although I'm able to think outside the box, I will never see the whole picture. I'm not a pupil anymore and I'm not a youth anymore. A lot of things have changed since I left school and entered - after several detours - the world of the working people. Over all the years, I remain faithful to my passion which is making and using mods (really playing a game mostly played a subordinate role in my life). It was a source of inspiration and an outlet for frustration for long periods of time, interrupted by phases of burnout. I used to keep most of my problems to myself because I didn't want to be a burden. Only a few people knew about them. Step by Step, I opened up. I don't remember when this started but I'm sure that creating the forum and writing in the forum have a stake in it.

I chose the words "all facets of life" as a part of the (new) forum's tagline because it leaves a lot of room for interpretation. The facets of life can be everything from cradle to grave: birth, raising a child, school, friends, working life, relationship, marriage, retirement and so on. Depending on how involved you are, you will have more or less time for your hobbies altogether. The forum can be a platform to talk about these things. This includes accomplishments (no matter how little they seem) and struggles (no matter how big they seem).

And if you just want to talk about gaming and modding in itself, go for it!

Edit:
I made some adjustments to my profile to emphasize the focus on being more a user than an admin. I always saw the admin thing as embellishment and, if I'm honest, I don't need this big red admin banner. It's enough that my name is listed under The Team. If I should need an official admin account sometime in the future, I can still build a general one which has the name "Admin", the red user name color and the big red admin banner.

Edit 2:
I made the relevant part italic.
Last edited by Selene310187 on Thu Feb 16, 2023 12:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.