The tagging system

Overview of the changes to the forum
Selene310187
Site Admin

Re: The tagging system

Post by Selene310187 »

The link to the tag cloud (the one that displays all tags) at the bottom of the board index does work as intended now. You won't get any error message when you click on this link anymore.

Try it out yourself
Selene310187
Site Admin

Post by Selene310187 »

If you are wondering about what happened to the "WIP" tag, I changed it to WIP-Selene310187. Because I was looking for a way to link my current mod projects all at once (for example on my Nexus Mods Profile) and, luckily, the tag was used only by me. If somebody else had used the "WIP" tag, too, I would have created a new tag ;). Feel free to create a WIP tag which contains your username yourself :).

But what to do when a mod project is completed? Just remove your personal WIP tag from the project thread in question.
ScytheBearer

Post by ScytheBearer »

The "white space" for entering tags seems to not be present.

Last edited by Selene310187 on Sun May 07, 2023 9:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: fixed broken image
Selene310187
Site Admin

Post by Selene310187 »

When I use my admin account, I can see the input field for the tags. But when I log in with the test account, I can't see this field, too.

I dug around in the support forums of the tags extension and found this thread: https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/exte ... pic/210066

The setting to control the visibility of the tags input field in the registered users group permissions was missing. After I added this setting, I noticed that is was set to "never". I changed it to "Yes". Now you should be able to add tags to the first post of your thread.

I wonder why the users could add tags to their topics in the past without problems. Maybe it has something to do with one of the updates of the forum software and/or the extension itself.

Edit:
I fixed the tag input field for guest post writers as well.

Edit 2:

The image in your post was broken. I experimented with the link and found out that only the direct link of the Dropbox image worked with img BBCode. You get this link when you right click on the image and then click on copy image address.
Last edited by Selene310187 on Sun May 07, 2023 9:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Information & Announcements”