Regulars' Table

Take a seat, lean back and talk about anything that comes to mind here - as long as it stays civil.
Selene310187
Site Admin

Re: Regulars' Table

Post by Selene310187 »

smr1957 wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 7:51 pm Sent a request to Steam support about getting the topic pinned. If I don't get a satisfactory response from them, then I have a bunch of emails to send to personnel at Valve.
I wish you luck :sn-2:

smr1957 wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 6:49 pm
Selene310187 wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 6:29 pm Why I didn't implement beverage emojis?! That needs to change now!!! :sn-31:

(but let me finish the update first :sn-11:)
LOL! Absolutely! And maybe add some cookie emojis if you can find some - a little snack now and again is good!
I've put it on the list.

We also need a chocolate emoji. I LOVE CHOCOLATE :sn-14:

What else do you wish? Candies? Popcorn? .... I let my imagination run wild :mrgreen:

Edit:

Oh, I forgot that I wanted to go to the supermarket. See you later!
These users thanked the author Selene310187 for the post:
smr1957
smr1957

Post by smr1957 »

Thanks, Selene! Yeah, when it comes to helping others, or doing things that need to be done for others, I am persistence personified, and do not give up - no matter what - until I achieve my goal. Unfortunately, due to events in my personal life in the last four years, I am no longer able to do the same for myself - that part of my personality has been totally destroyed - and there is no telling if it will ever recover.
smr1957

Post by smr1957 »

Okay, now I really am going to take that break - LOL!
Selene310187
Site Admin

Post by Selene310187 »

smr1957 wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 8:39 pm Okay, now I really am going to take that break - LOL!
I do that as well (dinner), and, yes, I arrived at the supermarket in time and got everything I wanted to buy :sn-37:.
smr1957 wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 8:29 pm Thanks, Selene! Yeah, when it comes to helping others, or doing things that need to be done for others, I am persistence personified, and do not give up - no matter what - until I achieve my goal. Unfortunately, due to events in my personal life in the last four years, I am no longer able to do the same for myself - that part of my personality has been totally destroyed - and there is no telling if it will ever recover.
I believe everyone can overcome personal barriers or, at least, reaches a level that makes a situation more bearable (i.e. adjustment or coming up with alternative ways or workarounds). Keyword: Psychological resilience. I warmly recommend the works of Eckhart Tolle and Dale Carnegie. Both are/were very wise man and internalizing their books took me a big step towards recovery (I own one book of each author; Carnegie: "How to Stop Worrying and Start Living", Tolle: "The Power of Now").

Edit: I forgot to mention Werner Tiki Küstenmacher's "How to Simplify Your Life: Seven Practical Steps to Letting Go of Your Burdens and Living a Happier Life".
Vlad 254

Post by Vlad 254 »

Haven't posted here much as I've been going through some PC issues not to mention my ongoing internet debacle. I'm on my backup PC which is a decent rig so I'm fine for now. Trying to catch up a bit on recent posts in between working the Steam forums. But what I've been doing most lately is trying to play a few other games. helps take the edge off. Actually Steve's posts that he's been dropping around the different forums regarding Modding on the Spectrum is what reminded me I hadn't posted here in a while. :sn-32:
Great acts are made up of small deeds ~Lao Tzu
Selene310187
Site Admin

Post by Selene310187 »

Vlad 254 wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:33 pm Haven't posted here much as I've been going through some PC issues not to mention my ongoing internet debacle. I'm on my backup PC which is a decent rig so I'm fine for now. Trying to catch up a bit on recent posts in between working the Steam forums. But what I've been doing most lately is trying to play a few other games. helps take the edge off. Actually Steve's posts that he's been dropping around the different forums regarding Modding on the Spectrum is what reminded me I hadn't posted here in a while. :sn-32:
Welcome back :sn-2:

I made a mess with my books, scattered them across the floor, in search of Eckhart Tolle's book. I found it.... on my phone as an ebook :sn-4:. And I added a third book to my list of self-help book recommendations in this post.
Edit: All of my scattered books found their place again :D.
These users thanked the author Selene310187 for the post:
Vlad 254
smr1957

Post by smr1957 »

Good morning, all! Time to go kill some dragons! Or maybe some muties or raiders! The time is drawing near for me to reset my SSE build - I might even do it this weekend! But, what's going on with your game out there is the big bad world? :sn-2: For me, I'm about to dive into the Steam forums, coffee in hand!
smr1957

Post by smr1957 »

Well, it's certainly quiet today! Been in and around the Steam forums, doing the usual post-sale task of battling "40 hour" experts - LOL! It is really amazing how some people who know so little, think they know so much, and can post so much, with so much wrong or bad information - and then argue about it! :roll:
Altbert

Post by Altbert »

smr1957 wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 5:04 pm Well, it's certainly quiet today! Been in and around the Steam forums, doing the usual post-sale task of battling "40 hour" experts - LOL! It is really amazing how some people who know so little, think they know so much, and can post so much, with so much wrong or bad information - and then argue about it! :roll:
I think you should really start to ignore those posts, Steve! I have said so before. Some people will never learn or are just in it for the rant. People who want to learn, will read the pinned topics and the mod descriptions and requirements.
Bis vincit, qui se vincit in victoria - He conquers twice who conquers himself in victory (Publius Syrus)
smr1957

Post by smr1957 »

Altbert wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 6:13 pm
smr1957 wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 5:04 pm Well, it's certainly quiet today! Been in and around the Steam forums, doing the usual post-sale task of battling "40 hour" experts - LOL! It is really amazing how some people who know so little, think they know so much, and can post so much, with so much wrong or bad information - and then argue about it! :roll:
I think you should really start to ignore those posts, Steve! I have said so before. Some people will never learn or are just in it for the rant. People who want to learn, will read the pinned topics and the mod descriptions and requirements.
Not in my nature to do so - most require at least one response to set the record straight - lest some other person unwittingly sees it and follows the wrong advice.

We all have different philosophies about helping, and Vlad and I are at one end of the scale, with others at the opposite end - and a whole bunch somewhere in the middle - just like any facet of human nature.

Return to “Seating Area”