User galleries for screenshots and more

Overview of the changes to the forum
Selene310187
Site Admin

Re: User galleries for screenshots and more

Post by Selene310187 »

Ivanhoe1955SI wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 2:11 am I put some pics inside the misc gallery, several games (Fallout 4 and The Outer Worlds)
German
Ich habe einige Bilder in die Misc-Galerie gestellt, mehrere Spiele (Fallout 4 und The Outer Worlds)
Thanks, now it doesn't look empty anymore :sn-2:

German:
Danke, jetzt sieht es nicht mehr leer aus. :sn-2:
Altbert

Post by Altbert »

I took your advice, Selene, and installed RIOT. A really magnificent program. Original size of my screenshots are 1920x1080 (2.4 MiB to 3.6 MiB) and I had to resize those first before compressing. I resized to 1200x675 and RIOT compressed the images instantly to sizes between 31 and 114 KiB, way less than the 700 KiB maximum. I don't see any difference with the original screenshots, but that could be my eyes tricking me. :sn-2:
Bis vincit, qui se vincit in victoria - He conquers twice who conquers himself in victory (Publius Syrus)
Vlad 254

Post by Vlad 254 »

I installed RIOT as well and thanks for the tip Selene, looks like a nifty little program. Don't have any screenshots on this PC yet since I just recently set it up but I'll be sharing a few once I build a load order and start gaming on it.
Great acts are made up of small deeds ~Lao Tzu
Mephitic

Post by Mephitic »

I wonder if embedding YouTube videos works here...

f it doesn't, or if there is some other more appropriate place, please let me know.

This is a short tour of a player home in Fallout 4.

https://youtu.be/6vTFPDwU2mA
Selene310187
Site Admin

Post by Selene310187 »

Vlad 254 wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 6:04 pm I installed RIOT as well and thanks for the tip Selene, looks like a nifty little program. Don't have any screenshots on this PC yet since I just recently set it up but I'll be sharing a few once I build a load order and start gaming on it.
You can resize images in RIOT as well :sn-37:. It's the fifth button on the right side below the right image.

Mephitic wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:28 pm I wonder if embedding YouTube videos works here...

f it doesn't, or if there is some other more appropriate place, please let me know.

This is a short tour of a player home in Fallout 4.

https://youtu.be/6vTFPDwU2mA
Embedding videos is possible using the "youtube" and "youtube_be" BBCodes. Your video is a "youtub.be" link, so you need the second one (the first one is for normal YouTube links)

Code: Select all

[youtube_be]https://youtu.be/6vTFPDwU2mA[/youtube_be]
which displays as this:
A video from YouTube usually appears here. Please contact an administrator.
Altbert

Post by Altbert »

I have made the first gallery album and removed the pictures from the Miscellaneous gallery: Relaxing at the Goldenhills Plantation.

Lot of new things to learn. I love it! :sn-1:

A screenshot from Eastshade I like to share:

Last edited by Altbert on Fri Nov 18, 2022 12:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Bis vincit, qui se vincit in victoria - He conquers twice who conquers himself in victory (Publius Syrus)
Vlad 254

Post by Vlad 254 »

Selene310187 wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 10:04 pm
Vlad 254 wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 6:04 pm I installed RIOT as well and thanks for the tip Selene, looks like a nifty little program. Don't have any screenshots on this PC yet since I just recently set it up but I'll be sharing a few once I build a load order and start gaming on it.
You can resize images in RIOT as well :sn-37:. It's the fifth button on the right side below the right image.
I saw that thanks.
Great acts are made up of small deeds ~Lao Tzu
Selene310187
Site Admin

Post by Selene310187 »

Vlad 254 wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 12:04 am
Selene310187 wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 10:04 pm
I saw that thanks.
Sorry, I made a wrong quote. I wanted to quote Altbert:

Altbert wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 4:50 pm I took your advice, Selene, and installed RIOT. A really magnificent program. Original size of my screenshots are 1920x1080 (2.4 MiB to 3.6 MiB) and I had to resize those first before compressing. I resized to 1200x675 and RIOT compressed the images instantly to sizes between 31 and 114 KiB, way less than the 700 KiB maximum. I don't see any difference with the original screenshots, but that could be my eyes tricking me. :sn-2:
Altbert

Post by Altbert »

smr1957 wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 1:38 am Frankly, if I am going to view a pic, I don't want to see a link and go to some other site - I want to see the pic in the gallery I am viewing.
No really necessary! When linking the image with the BBCode and your the site where you are hosting the images is a secure site, then you will see the image appearing here, but not in the gallery style. You may have seen this already. The Eastshade screenshot is from a secure site. my pensil drawing are from an insecure site (probably solved tomorrow).
Selene310187
Site Admin

Post by Selene310187 »

Today, I made various fixes to the layout of the gallery, albums and images.

For all devices:
  • Long image titles that are cut off in the thumbnail view will now display an ellipsis at the end.
For mobile devices with small screens:
  • If the upload and subscribe buttons are shown below each other, they got more space between them and the parts below them.
  • The "It is currently..." part on the main page of the gallery is displayed on a single line instead of multiple lines