User galleries for screenshots and more

Overview of the changes to the forum
Vlad 254

Re: User galleries for screenshots and more

Post by Vlad 254 »

Today, I made various fixes to the layout of the gallery, albums and images.
Exciting. Can't wait to check it all out. This site is coming along nicely Selene. Kudos to you. Now I need some time to catch up on everything.

Been taking a little break from SSE and enjoying the heck out of FO4 but today 3 big mods (for me anyway) updated. I'm about FO4'd out anyway so good timing. Actually I'm not really bored with FO4 as much as I need to get back to SSE and the new guide I was working on before the string of Beth updates hit. So little time and so much to do.
Great acts are made up of small deeds ~Lao Tzu
smr1957

Post by smr1957 »

Vlad 254 wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 11:41 pm - snip - So little time and so much to do.
So true! Keeping up with SSE is no easy task!
Selene310187
Site Admin

Post by Selene310187 »

Personal user albums are now shown next to the "Miscellaneous" album. The gallery extension has a lot of settings and I was actually looking for a different setting. I scrolled further down and found this setting by accident.
Altbert

Post by Altbert »

Selene310187 wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:57 pm Personal user albums are now shown next to the "Miscellaneous" album. The gallery extension has a lot of settings and I was actually looking for a different setting. I scrolled further down and found this setting by accident.
Seen it after logging in again. I made a mistake by adding images to the Misc album, removed those again and added to my personal album. When I logged in again I saw the albums next to the Misc album. Now I probably won't make that mistake again.
Bis vincit, qui se vincit in victoria - He conquers twice who conquers himself in victory (Publius Syrus)
Selene310187
Site Admin

Post by Selene310187 »

Changes to the phpBB Gallery extension:

The Gallery icon/link on the right side of the navigation bar can now be seen by guests (it's next to "Login"). I also made sure that at least the Gallery icon is visible on mobile devices with small screens.

How I did this:
  • deleted everything inside navbar_header_user_profile_prepend.html
    (the file can be found under ext\phpbbgallery\core\styles\prosilver\template\event)
  • created a new file with the name overall_header_navigation_prepend.html which is located in the same folder as the edited navbar_header_user_profile_prepend.html
  • inside the newly created file I added following lines of code

Code: Select all

<!-- IF U_GALLERY -->
<li class="rightside" data-skip-responsive="true">
	<a href="{U_GALLERY}" role="menuitem">
		<i class="icon fa-camera fa-fw" aria-hidden="true"></i><span>{L_GALLERY}</span>
	</a>
</li>
<!-- ENDIF -->
The "data-skip-responsive="true"" part prevents the Gallery icon from being hidden on all devices regardless of screen size.